RXR
josephii

Abortion

RXR

RXR

Con

Pro: For Abortion
Con: Against Abortion

I would like to hear your arguement first....

josephii

Pro

There are many women in the world who can't afford financially to have a child.
If a child is born without anyone wanting him or her to born, he or she will probably live a horrible life.
Even though they have rights, since they can't decide for themselves, it is usually the best for their parents, who are responsible for them, to decide what is best for the baby.
Honestly, they can be the result of a careless act between a guy and a girl.
The world is too populated! We need less children!
RXR

Con

'There are many women in the world who can't afford financially to have a child.'

Adoption is an option and the're are many programs to help those who are in financial need. Even if you live in poverty, you don't have to kill your unborn to solve your problem. If a mother killed her two year old for the exact same reason, she will be arrested for murder.

'If a child is born without anyone wanting him or her to born, he or she will probably live a horrible life.'

It's better living a life than having none at all.

'Even though they have rights, since they can't decide for themselves, it is usually the best for their parents, who are responsible for them, to decide what is best for the baby.'

So killing off your unborn children is the best option ? There are many, non-lethal ways of handling this situation.

'The world is too populated! We need less children!'

The world is not even close to over-population and is supported by no proof what so ever.

'Honestly, they can be the result of a careless act between a guy and a girl.'

Take responsibility for your actions.

In conclusion, abortion is a violent way of ending a pregnancy and should not be allowed in our civilized society. Abortion should be only to save a mother's life or if she has been raped. Remember that fifty million babies are murdered for your 'choice'.
josephii

Pro

Adoption is not very common. Most women in poverty don't have access to that option.

For me, nothing is better than the possibility of dying after years of hunger.

In reality, most parents would've chosen one of the non-lethal ways if they have the choice. Killing off the unborn children can be better than letting the born children die.

Because there are people who don't take responsibility for their actions, there are children who won't be taken care of after birth.

And you agree that abortion is allowed if a mother is raped or might die from giving birth.

If there are other alternatives to abortion, please list them.
RXR

Con

'Adoption is not very common. Most women in poverty don't have access to that option.'

Yes, but there are programs to help women in poverty.

'For me, nothing is better than the possibility of dying after years of hunger.'

I'd rather have a chance at life than have my limbs cut off and flushed down the toilet.

'In reality, most parents would've chosen one of the non-lethal ways if they have the choice. Killing off the unborn children can be better than letting the born children die.'

Both are equally bad.

'Because there are people who don't take responsibility for their actions, there are children who won't be taken care of after birth.'

The goverment will provide assistance to unwanted children

'And you agree that abortion is allowed if a mother is raped or might die from giving birth.'

Yes, because those are the only good reasons why abortion is neccasary. Most abortions are done for convience.
josephii

Pro

Allow me to take back the argument about the choice making. There are women who choose abortion not out of financial reasons.

BUT, I have a new argument. If you claim that every embryo has the right to a full and complete life, I can argue that every potential child in the different possibilities of future has the right to a full and complete life.

Consider the example of a typical woman. she has two futures. In future 1, she gives birth to a child unintentionally. In future 2, she has an abortion of that child and later gives birth to a second child, intentionally and prepared. Now, you can say that the woman killed the first child, but at the same time, that death of the first child gave the second child a chance to come to this world; the allowance for the first to stay in this world will be an indirect murder of the second. You can argue that the woman can give birth to both, but whatever number of children she plans to give birth to, there must be a limit, and whether or not these children can come to this world happily actually depends on abortion. Now, consider the terrific amount of work it requires to take care of a baby, and consider the amount of grief that will be produced between both the child and mother if she gives birth unprepared.

Regarding women in poverty, as long as poverty exists, there will be women in poverty. Development programs' ability has an extent, and the government's ability also has an extent. Those in developed countries might have the ability to gather unwanted children, but probably not as well with those in developing countries.

In response to the two comments, I must agree that women should try their best in learning and adopting ways in preventing pregnancy, but everyone make mistakes, and when a women becomes pregnant, it is the child's life as well as the woman's remaining life that is dependent on this issue. It doesn't sound really fair if a woman needs to suffer for her remaining life just because she made a small mistake. For the second comment, I admit that the process of abortion probably looks very painful, so I am not completely with abortion but more supportive of abortion at the early stage of pregnancy, maybe within the first or second month, and I also hope that in the future, scientific research can be conducted over abortion so that the child can pass away painlessly.
RXR

Con

'Consider the example of a typical woman. she has two futures. In future 1, she gives birth to a child unintentionally. In future 2, she has an abortion of that child and later gives birth to a second child, intentionally and prepared. Now, you can say that the woman killed the first child, but at the same time, that death of the first child gave the second child a chance to come to this world; the allowance for the first to stay in this world will be an indirect murder of the second. You can argue that the woman can give birth to both, but whatever number of children she plans to give birth to, there must be a limit, and whether or not these children can come to this world happily actually depends on abortion. Now, consider the terrific amount of work it requires to take care of a baby, and consider the amount of grief that will be produced between both the child and mother if she gives birth unprepared.'

There is no grief in raising a child, it will teach you to become an adult. If a woman has an abortion, she will keep having an abortion because she will never learn her lesson because there are no consequences in having one. In conclusion, don't target the unborn for your mistake.

'In response to the two comments, I must agree that women should try their best in learning and adopting ways in preventing pregnancy, but everyone make mistakes, and when a women becomes pregnant, it is the child's life as well as the woman's remaining life that is dependent on this issue. It doesn't sound really fair if a woman needs to suffer for her remaining life just because she made a small mistake. For the second comment, I admit that the process of abortion probably looks very painful, so I am not completely with abortion but more supportive of abortion at the early stage of pregnancy, maybe within the first or second month, and I also hope that in the future, scientific research can be conducted over abortion so that the child can pass away painlessly.'

Yes, i agree to a certain extent. Women shouldn't have to resort to killing their child for their convience. And no a women won't suffer all her life because a child is a gift.And should not be killed execpt for a very good reason. There is scientific research done for abortion and concludes that is no different from infanticide.

In conclusion, stop the war on unborn children. No one should be being killed just for being unwanted. And there is many articles and biologists that conclude a fetus/ zygote is human life. We have to be civilized and clean our mess. Because the 50 million aborted babies had no choice and no voice. No one should be playing god. I had the right to live, you had the right to live, why should we take that right away ?
josephii

Pro

I'm persuaded. You win.
josephii

Pro

Nice Debate
Posted by RXR 1 year ago
RXR
Yes, after 4 months the fetus in islam is considered a soul. But i don't want to force my religious beliefs on anyone. And by the way, I'm not really a muslim, even though it says on my profile. I'm agnostic muslim.
Posted by hect 1 year ago
hect
to RXR correct me if im wrong but according to the doctrines of islam abortion is acceptable
Posted by RXR 1 year ago
RXR
The U.S government knows a fetus is a person, but they make billions of dollars off of mothers killing their unborn children. Countless biologists have concluded that conception is the beginning of life, but their too deaf to hear the countless of cries of unborn children being slaughtered by evil men.

I thought doctors were suppose to save lives, not end them.
Posted by kpad 1 year ago
kpad
For those of you who haven't seen "The Silent Scream", I suggest you watch the video on youtube. It's about a doctor who used to do abortions, but when new technology allowed him to see an unborn child in pain during the process, it changed his view about abortion. I have a great quote for you as well. Might give you something else to think about.

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."

R13; Ronald Reagan
Posted by RGarland 1 year ago
RGarland
Listen, we all know the #1 reason for abortion is the "woman isn't ready to be a mom" so how about we stop raising these entitles stupid irresponsible bitches and teach them that if they want to have sex, they will pay the consequences if it doesn't go the way they want. Also, women who abort have much higher depression rates and women who don't always say they don't regret it at all.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
RXRjosephiiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession