H2O2
qwzx

Abortion

qwzx

H2O2

Pro

Hello and I would like to start by saying that I am looking for a philosophical/moral debate and not a religious one. My opinion on abortion is that it is wrong to kill a sentient life form and therefor if the baby can think I don't think a abortion should be allowed but up until then it is simply a part of the human body and therefor ok to abort
qwzx

Con

Abortion is unethical and wrong. I find a great problem of what you just stated. Humans develop logical thinking at the age of 4. If you say that abortion is ok because the fetus can not think then it is technically ok to kill all people below the age of 4. Even IF the fetus is just a body part, it doesn't make sense to destroy it. You can't pay a doctor legally to just chop off all your limbs for no reason.

;)

http://www.ukessays.com...
H2O2

Pro

But, the difference between a 4 week old foetus and a 4 year old human is that the foetus does not have organs and does not have a brain, the thing which is the thing which makes it human, furthermore a limb helps you but a baby in the wrong circumstances can ruin someone's life.
qwzx

Con

YOU spelled fetus wrong...
You did not really debunk my argument about the development of the mind. The brain and organs are the first things to develop in the baby. If the organs and brain determine what is a human then what about the babies aborted in the later pregnancy. Those babies have developed all their organs...what about them? The brain and organs of a human DO NOT DEFINE him/her as a human. What defines us is our morality as a human being.( "Hello and I would like to start by saying that I am looking for a philosophical/moral debate") . You did not say a scientific argument......

A limb is very important but, it can never have a sense of morality.

"baby in the wrong circumstances can ruin someone's life."
Abortion kills and takes a innocent life away because of the mother's selfishness as a human being.

Abortion is not necessary because there are many ways in life. You can try to take care of the baby on your own. You can put the baby up for adoption. Let the baby decide it's own destiny.

Having a sense of morality as a human being is to not give up on another human being that is part of your body and soul because you don't feel like you are ready for the task.

Some points to consider...
IF fetuses are not human beings, why can't doctors kill the fetus without the mother's permission.
After Abortion, the mother has a traumatically psychological wound
The dead fetus could have grown up and cured cancer or change the world in a good way
You could have been aborted just because of your parent's decision that they may regret later on

:(
H2O2

Pro

H2O2 forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

Pro forfeited
Extend arguments
Vote for Con
;)
H2O2

Pro

But saying that by aborting the fetus you are depriving it of the future of life is like saying , that for example we have a woman in a car, at the junction she is lost so she just picks a direction if she turns right she gets lost, then asks a man for instructions yada yada yada, marries him and has a child is that murder.... No because she did not know the outcome but she can see the man and would like to ask him for directions and his number, but she thinks... I don't really want to date so I will go the other way, she knows that by not dating that she won't have a child so but.. You may say hang on a minute relationships don't always work so she might have ended up alone anyway, well pregnancies don't always work either.

Oh and I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I was away for 3 days and I did not have Internet
qwzx

Con

"But saying that by aborting the fetus you are depriving it of the future of life is like saying , that for example we have a woman in a car, at the junction she is lost so she just picks a direction if she turns right she gets lost, then asks a man for instructions yada yada yada, marries him and has a child is that murder.... No because she did not know the outcome but she can see the man and would like to ask him for directions and his number, but she thinks... I don't really want to date so I will go the other way, she knows that by not dating that she won't have a child so but.. You may say hang on a minute relationships don't always work so she might have ended up alone anyway, well pregnancies don't always work either."

You still have not debunked my arguments and my arguments still stand true. Your argument is also very confusing and I don't know what you are trying to say.
Posted by GoOrDin 1 year ago
GoOrDin
this CON makes me vote against my better nature in favor of PRO.
Posted by ConceptEagle 1 year ago
ConceptEagle
H202 is saying that he does not favor the use of abortion but believes people should have the right to have it as an option -for certain cicrumstances.
Posted by H2O2 1 year ago
H2O2
also I don't like abortion, I just think it has a place in society for those who A. Are too mentally weak to have a child b. Do not have financial resources c. Live in such a bad area that the child is likely to be raped or killed
Posted by Tayl29 1 year ago
Tayl29
Your points to consider really have nothing within them to consider. Doctors cant just kill a fetus because the fetus WILL grow and become a human being, and the mother has every say in what she wants to do with it.

Yes, you are correct, The child could one day find the cure to cancer, But statements including "could be" "Could one day" are not factual evidence, and really mean nothing within this debate.

The government has no say in what a woman can or can't do to her body.

The real question to consider is when does life begin?
Ending a fetus life when it has no brain or really life, in my point of view is better than ruining a childs whole entire life. Giving it up for adoption only makes it harder on the parents and the child itself by knowing that its parents didn't want it.

And yes, I could of been aborted, but my parents wanted and were financially and physically ready to give life to another human being. I believe that abortion is terrible, I'm not saying its the best way to go, or that its okay, But i am saying that a woman can do whatever she wants with her life regardless of what the government or men say.

And for the record, since you were being a little snobby a**, Fetus can also be spelt foetus.
Posted by RXR 1 year ago
RXR
Oh so having organs and limbs makes you human ? Keep in mind this statement is purely based on opinion. The real definition of a human is being part of the homo sapien species. Which a fetus undeniably is.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
H2O2qwzxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round.