mwesigwa1
AFO

Abortion

mwesigwa1

mwesigwa1

Con

I'd like to debate someone on the topic of abortion. I'll be taking the position that it's immoral and constitutes murder.
AFO

Pro

mwesigwa1

Con

I'll start my argument off with a quote by Ronald Reagan: "I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."

1. Why not give the child up for adoption. There are millions of couples who would love to have children, but are infertile and can't do so. Why not give them a chance? Sure, you may not be ready for a child, but some of these couples have been trying for years!

2. Life begins at conception. That's a scientific fact. If you disagree, let me ask you this. Mentally rewind your life back up to the point that you were born. Then rewind a week before that. And a week before that. You just become smaller, and smaller, right? There was no magical moment when you went from something that someone can morally justify in murdering to someone who deserves love and protection? Just because you were a little younger, you were less important and less worthy to life?

4. You are an American, I presume. Abortion denies fetuses one of the three fundamental rights delineated by the Founding Fathers in the Declaration of Independence: LIFE.

5. Abortion is not just about the woman. Pro-"choice" women LOVE to say, "It's her body. It's HER choice." Is it her body that's getting sucked up through a tube and disposed of? I dare you to look up pictures of aborted fetuses. The similarity between them and newborn babies is startling. The baby doesn't have a choice. The baby is at the mercy of its mother. The bond between a baby and its mother is probably the closest one in existence. And yet, 1.21 million bonds are shattered every year, in the UNITED STATES ALONE.

6. Many pro-choice activists like to bring up the rape question. What if the the woman is raped, and doesn't want the baby? Why should she carry the baby of a rapist? Well, that's not the baby's fault, is it? Why punish a baby for a crime it didn't commit? Why not punish the real criminal, the rapist?

7. Babies don't need you to be ready for them. They just need you to love them and care for them. If you don't think you want a baby, DON'T HAVE SEX. Sex isn't designed for your pleasure; it's designed to make babies.

8. Why should my taxpayer dollars go to murdering children? Think about that for a second. When we pay taxes, some of it goes to sucking those 1.2 million babies into tubes.

9. Many women who go through abortions regret it afterwards. Many of these women are young and don't have enough life experience as well.

10. Fetuses can experience pain, as young as 8-weeks old. Can you imagine how painful it is to get your body sucked from you by a tube, as you're powerless to do anything about it?

My sources:
https://www.probe.org...

http://www.archives.gov...
AFO

Pro

AFO forfeited this round.
AFO

Pro

AFO forfeited this round.
mwesigwa1

Con

Vote con?
AFO

Pro

AFO forfeited this round.
mwesigwa1

Con

Pro never made an argument. I believe this means that I win...
AFO

Pro

AFO forfeited this round.
Posted by TheMajesticDudette 1 year ago
TheMajesticDudette
I think I agreed with Con.

Think about it: Fetuses or babies do not have a choice in choosing whether to be murdered just because of what someone else did. It's unfair and it's awful. Would you like to be practically killed by someone you thought loved you, just because of someone else's actions? Of course not. I also believe that fetuses are alive, correct?

Go ahead and murder innocent living beings just because of someone else's act. Oh, and that innocent living being is yours, by the way.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
mwesigwa1AFOTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff