TrueblueConservative
Lee001

Abortion

Lee001

TrueblueConservative

Con

Abortion is wrong. I know the popular phrase, "my body my choice" but how is a fetus your body? The fetus should be allowed life, if the parent can't support it financially, I never said they had to raise it, they could very well give it up for adoption. These are mostly my main arguments, I will get more in depth as the debate progresses.
Lee001

Pro

Thank you Con for instigating this debate!

No definitions were given, so I'll just define Abortion.

[1] Abortion- aprocedure,technique,orwayofdoingsomething,especiallyinaccordancewithadefiniteplan (http://dictionary.reference.com...)

First off, Con states;

"The fetus should be allowed life, if the parent can't support it financially, I never said they had to raise it, they could very well give it up for adoption"

This is set on moral beliefs, opinions and thoughts on what should be done. Just because you think this, dosen't mean its right.

No structure was given, so I'll start my argument here.

The Right to Abortion.

Section 1. of the 14th ammendment clearly states that [3] "Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Note that, the state shall not deprive someone of life, they can't take away a individuals rights, nor can they deprive them of life. [4] Deprive- deny (a person or place) the possession or use of something. If a women wishes to have an abortion, she should be able to because it is her right. As stated in the 14th amendment "nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property," A women's body is her own property. The government can't tell her what to do with her body, they guarantee these rights to all Americans.

Well-Being of the Mother

Studies have shown, women whom are denied abortions suffer long term health and or mental problems. [5] "A Sep. 2013 peer-reviewed study comparing the mental health of women who received abortions to women denied abortions found that women who were denied abortions "felt more regret and anger" and "less relief and happiness" than women who had abortions. The same study also found that 95% of women who received abortions "felt it was the right decision" a week after the procedure.

The goverment promises not to deprive someone of life. Women are deprived of happiness. Instead, they live with regret and anger. They are unable to live a healthy life, because they were denied of their rights.

Gl!

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com......

[2]https://www.google.com......

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org.........

[4] http://dictionary.reference.com.........

[5] http://abortion.procon.org.........

TrueblueConservative

Con

TrueblueConservative forfeited this round.
TrueblueConservative

Con

Lee001

Pro

-_- Ugh!!

TrueblueConservative

Con

Lee001

Pro

Vote Pro...
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: TheChristian// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Pro (Sources, Conduct), 1 point to Con (S&G). Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, but had a lower mistake count than Pro, who wrote multiple words as one.

[*Reason for non-removal*] Votes on full forfeit debates are not moderated, excepting those instances where a voter allocates more points to the person who forfeited.
************************************************************************
Posted by AWSM0055 1 year ago
AWSM0055
Well said
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden
Something most pro-lifers miss or leave out is that in the case of incest, (rape or concentual) as well as pre-mature sex (rape or consentual) That the child that would be had has a high risk of birth defects, birth defects that severely hinder the child's growth later on in life. Also, if is pre mature sex, then the child and mother have a chance of dying in childbirth. Is this the only cases for abortion? no. but im not sure if you've seen government-run orphanages, but they are horrible, and are of the bare-minimum of standards for a child to grow up in. Why should the hild and mother go through all this pain and suffering? Why cant it just end at an early stage, when the fetus has no cencept of itself or the world around it. It, in my opinion, is crueler to have a child grow up with birth defects, living in an orphanage that hardly cares about them, and never knowing who their mother is. Than to simply put them out of their misery before it even begins
Posted by khija 1 year ago
khija
I am so against abortions, If you didn't want the child, then you shouldn't have had unprotected sex. I do understand that , that is not all the time the case, but I feel like if you can lay down and get pregnant, you can understand that having an Abortion is Wrong!!!
Posted by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
I can debate this topic with you in the future however I am busy at the moment and will not be able to accept.
Vote Placed by Sarai.K82 1 year ago
Sarai.K82
TrueblueConservativeLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con presented a well-articulated, persuasive argument. Con also cited reliable sources. Pro had a decent beginning but forfeited the debate. An easy decision for me in terms of deciding who won.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
TrueblueConservativeLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by brant.merrell 1 year ago
brant.merrell
TrueblueConservativeLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to the one who didn't forfeit. Arguments go to the one who made arguments. Sources go to the one who used sources. I refrain from spelling and grammar because why beat a dead horse? I'd like to thank Con for making the voting so easy.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
TrueblueConservativeLee001Tied
Vote Placed by TheChristian 1 year ago
TheChristian
TrueblueConservativeLee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited, but had a lower mistake count than Pro, who wrote multiple words as one.