TheUnicornOfTheEarth
pandii37

Abortion

pandii37

TheUnicornOfTheEarth

Con

I disagree with abortion
pandii37

Pro

I am not completely for abortion however I believe that everyone has the right to a choice. This does not mean that I want everyone to have an abortion for whatever reason they desire however I do believe that people who will be affected mentally or physically should have to choice. It is unfair to say that a woman has no right over her body once there is a lump of cells fused together inside her. A woman that does not want her child should not have to bear child birth and the mental or physical problems giving birth might bring. Advances in science can show us when a developing embryo or foetus is going to suffer massive trauma or disability once it is born. It is unfair to say that a woman must give birth to a child that she didn't intend to have and then suffer the trauma of watching that child die.
Personally I wouldn't have an abortion unless it was down to age (20 or younger I would consider it) or if that baby was going to be born with a disability that wouldn't allow that child to live past a certain age.
TheUnicornOfTheEarth

Con

why does a mental illness mean that child should or shouldn't live? I agree, in instances like sexual abuse or if that mothers life is at risk and she has other children to care for BUT what about the women who cant have children but want them?
how must that affect them? its like saying to a homeless person "I have food, but I don't want it, so you cant have it" how is that right?
pandii37

Pro

There are lots of options for women who cannot have children but want them. Adoption, IVF etc . It doesn't directly affect that infertile woman's life, does it? If an infertile woman wants a child and doesn't look into adoption or any other method of obtaining a child then that is down to that woman and that woman only. Think about all those children without parents who long to have someone to care for them, to help them learn to be a child again. Think about them.
I'm not saying that abortion is the only answer and that if a woman wants an abortion for any reason then she can have one. But what I am saying is that if there is no other reasonable option or choice then what's one child to another? Another child into care, another child that will become an adult at the age of eleven and another child that doesn't feel the love of a parent.
TheUnicornOfTheEarth

Con

many people who cant have babies do look to IVF and adoption but what I'm saying is it must hurt to look at the statistics and think that over 3000 people a year have abortions, okay some have reasons that are acceptable but because it was a 'drunk mistake' or 'the condom split' that is wrong.
pandii37

Pro

Yes people have abortions for stupid reasons but most people don't. Most people spend a lot time considering an abortion before actually having one. People spend weeks and sometimes months thinking about their options and that 'child's' options but come to the conclusion that abortion is the best one. It's not a choice easily made but it is a choice that has to be. Again, I'm not saying that women should have an abortion at will and without reason but there are laws that have been put in place to prevent abortions at any time during the pregnancy and TWO doctors must agree. From a religious perspective, abortions are wrong. But most people have developed their own ideas and morals about what's right and what's wrong and this is just one of those things that come down to your opinion. I'm completely pro-choice as, although I wouldn't have an abortion (unless under certain circumstances)myself, I believe that everyone has the right to do with their body as they please. Just because abortion in legal doesn't make you have to have one.
Posted by TheUnicornOfTheEarth 1 year ago
TheUnicornOfTheEarth
I am not saying that they don't have a voice. they do have a say I think that is one of the very few reasons I, myself, would give 'permission' for an abortion.
but that's just my opinion
Posted by Dark_Humor1234 1 year ago
Dark_Humor1234
What about the rape victims? Assuming they can still talk, dont you think they can have a say in it too?
Posted by FlyBoysGirl90 1 year ago
FlyBoysGirl90
Assuming that a child will go to a loving family after its born is na"ve. Adoption is a long a hard process with many denied applicants, meanwhile the state systems are full of unwanted children.
Vote Placed by soccerisfun 1 year ago
soccerisfun
TheUnicornOfTheEarthpandii37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Just because some people do it for dumb reasons doesn't mean its wrong. That like saying I should kill you because you might kill someone - you can't assume something bad will happen if abortion is legal.
Vote Placed by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
TheUnicornOfTheEarthpandii37Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided better case, con merely asked questions and provided a stance.