harrytruman
kkkkatie126

Abortion

harrytruman

Con

Ok, this reminds me of when the southerners said that the union was "infringing their right to own slaves", there is no such thing as the "right to abortion" any more than there is a "right to own slaves"; there is no such thing as "the right to infringing others rights"
kkkkatie126

Pro

I accept this debate(even though I've already had a debate abortion and lost). It's a woman's right if they wanna have an abortion,and yes,there is a such thing as infringing on other people's rights.
harrytruman

Con

Wow, this is a short debate to no where, you just said infringing rights is A OK.
kkkkatie126

Pro

No I didn't,you said there was no such thing as infringing on other people's rights,so I corrected you cause it's very possible to infringe on people's rights.
harrytruman

Con

No, I said that there is no such thing as "the right to infringe others rights", it is physically possible.
kkkkatie126

Pro

Are we ever gonna start debating about abortion or not ?
harrytruman

Con

"Life;
the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death- Websters Dictionary"
Strange, I do not see "took a first breath" in there, so here are the qualifications of life;
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter
2. including the capacity for growth
3. reproduction
4. functional activity
5. and continual change preceding death
Well, the by is definitely distinguishable from inorganic matter, it will grow if not killed, if said baby it will develop the ability to reproduce, it is capable of functional activity, and it will change until death.
Oh, and I see it quite racist to have your username be " KKK Kate"
kkkkatie126

Pro

My username is kkkkatie,not Kate,and my username has nothing to do with this. Nothing of what you just said relates to the abortion issue,if a woman wants to get an abortion,then let her. Who's it harming ? It's her body,you have no right to decide what a woman can and can't do with her body. What if a girl gets raped and ends up pregnant ? Is she supposed to care for the baby that she didn't want and ruin her life ? What if she's a really young girl who has no job and is sill in school ? Is she supposed to waste her time caring for something that she didn't even want. Also,I find it quite ironic and funny that someone of your political party would call accuse someone of being racist.
harrytruman

Con

"My username is kkkkatie,not Kate,and my username has nothing to do with this. Nothing of what you just said relates to the abortion issue,if a woman wants to get an abortion,then let her. Who's it harming ? It's her body,you have no right to decide what a woman can and can't do with her body. What if a girl gets raped and ends up pregnant ? Is she supposed to care for the baby that she didn't want and ruin her life ? What if she's a really young girl who has no job and is sill in school ? Is she supposed to waste her time caring for something that she didn't even want. Also,I find it quite ironic and funny that someone of your political party would call accuse someone of being racist."

Oh, oh, so now you are accusing of being racist just because I am a Native American, oh you liberals, you don't think the guy who's people OWN THE LAND THIS NATION WAS BUILT ON don't to be offended, but oh the gay guys do. Anyway, conservatism has nothing to do with racism, what president liberated the slaves, Abraham Lincoln the republican, who sued John D Rockefeller in United States vs Standard oil, Theodore Roosevelt the republican, who was going to sue the monopolists original, James A Garfield the republican.
who said that segregation was OK somehow, Woodrow Wilson the democrat, who cheated on his wife with his secretary, Bill Clinton the democrat, and the list goes on and on KKK Katie!
Anyway, I in no way support the continued genetic material of rapists, we should cleanse the gene pool of these scum bags.
kkkkatie126

Pro

No. You must have misunderstood,I ain't saying you're racist cause you're a Native American,you're racist cause you're a Republican,and Republicans are racist. You really shouldn't speak negatively of homosexuals,that's not a very nice thing to do. I'm very sorry for what my ancestors did to your people,and I apologize. Anyway,this is the last round of this debate about abortion and you haven't managed to say one word about abortion. And stop accusing me of being racist,I ain't racist,I'm a liberal. And what problem do you have with liberals exactly,we're very nice people.
Posted by obliviousmassacre 1 year ago
obliviousmassacre
To counteract awesome_joey's comment containing pro-life rhetoric, I'll add my own pro-choice comment. First of all, this debate was pointless as the whole debate ended up being ad hominems. Shame on the both of y'all. Secondly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with abortion. Killing a human is wrong because they are a person with life experiences that will be taken away once killed and they will be taken away from their loved ones. Fetuses are not people. They do not have a consciousness - meaning they are not even aware of their own existence - until at least 24 weeks gestation, when brain waves are first registered in fetuses. They are infringing on another person's rights by residing in their body and using the woman's nutrients to live when that woman doesn't want them there. She is totally within her rights by law to have the fetus removed from her body if she doesn't want it there.

So science says a fetus is not a person until 24 weeks gestation as it must have a functioning brain in order to have consciousness and it does not have a functioning brain until 24 weeks gestation. The law says that no one in this country has the right to use another person's body against their will and criminalizing abortion would give fetuses a right no one else has: the right to use another person's body against their will. This would mean that fetuses would be held in higher regard than born, definitively persons, women, which is ridiculous. It would also mean that women have less rights than the dead as you must have the dead's permission before they died to use parts of their body when women's opinion about their own bodies would be thrown out and completely ignored, which, again, is ridiculous.

Abortion is only morally wrong when arguing from a religious or emotional standpoint, both of which are not logical. As a society, we should determine laws based on logic, not emotion or religion, which means abortion is morally okay and should continue to be legal.
Posted by kkkkatie126 1 year ago
kkkkatie126
You're very rude.
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Yes aye aye, anyway, republicans are not racist, I established that, besides Kennedy, democrats have been the pinnacle of idiocy, Lyndon B Johnson the democrat dragged America into the Vietnam war and killed 2.5 million people, Woodrow Willson the democrat supported segregation, Bill Clinton the democrat cheated on his wife, who has a someone crease? HILLARY CLINTON THE DEMOCRAT!!!!!
Posted by awesome_joey 1 year ago
awesome_joey
Ok, instead of attacking usernames and political parties, let's just stay on task here. Not all liberals are all-race-inclusive, and not all conservatives are fat and racist.
We all agree everyone has human rights. Of course, a woman has a right to do whatever she wants to her body, but the point is, whether by accident or on purpose, she has conceived a new life with the same rights. "Pro-choice" is hypocritical; you didn't ask the baby if it wanted to live in whatever conditions. Yes, rape is awful, but it's not the baby's fault, and there are homes for the victims and/or its products. The only case it would be morally responsible is if both lives are in danger due to health problems. Then it's a "who-gets-to-live" situation, and that is a woman's decision. But abortion in any other situation is murder.