Showreal
themightyindividual

Abortion

Showreal

Showreal

Con

I challenge you to a debate on abortion. I will simply try to explain why its wrong. Use first round to accept my challenge
themightyindividual

Pro

For someone to be protected under the law they must be an individual or an organization. A woman who decides to have an abortion is an individual. However, the fetus is not an individual and is not an organization. Until it is born, it is physically apart of the woman in question. It's life depends on this state: if physically removed, it will die. Thus, if it is unwanted, it should be treated as a parasite under the law. This is due to the fact that a person must exist independently from other people in order to qualify for protected inalienable rights.

It is the government's duty to protect property rights. Banning abortion would be the infringement of property rights. Is the human body not private property?
Showreal

Con

Showreal forfeited this round.
themightyindividual

Pro

themightyindividual forfeited this round.
Showreal

Con

Showreal forfeited this round.
themightyindividual

Pro

Posted by themightyindividual 11 months ago
themightyindividual
I suppose my opponent has abandoned his debate.
Posted by advancedmind55 1 year ago
advancedmind55
Very hilarious. I mean to say "Abortion should not be banned." Regarding your "so funny" comment, it's a horrible name for a band.
Posted by themightyindividual 1 year ago
themightyindividual
Actually, I think abortion might be a cool name for a band.
Posted by advancedmind55 1 year ago
advancedmind55
Abortion should NOT be band. There is a situation where, either a 13-17 year old may be raped or may have not learned safe sex, either way if that girl got pregnant and she WAS NOT ready for that child then she should have a choice on to keep it or have the abortion. Do you really want a child to grow up in several foster homes, hating life, possibly doing drugs. (Movie called Gimmie Shelter) A child does not want to go through that. I would rather have been aborted instead of living the life i have.
Posted by Showreal 1 year ago
Showreal
Debate about whether or not the government should ban abortion.
themightyindividual
To clarify, is this debate about whether the government should regulate or ban abortionvor just about the general moral state of abortion?
Vote Placed by Hayd 11 months ago
Hayd
ShowrealthemightyindividualTied
Reasons for voting decision: I award Con conduct points because it was clearly indicated R1 was for acceptance. Pro uses R1 to post arguments are therefore breaks debate rules resulting in loss of conduct points (both sides also forfeited the same number of rounds). His arguments are irrelevant because it was R1, and therefore since neither side brought up arguments, arguments are tied.