dandaman3838
Danielle

Abortion

Con Tied Pro

dandaman3838

Con

-ABORTION-
Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo, resulting in or caused by its death.[1] An abortion can occur spontaneously due to complications during pregnancy or can be induced, in humans and other species. In the context of human pregnancies, an abortion induced to preserve the health of the gravid (pregnant female) is termed a therapeutic abortion, while an abortion induced for any other reason is termed an elective abortion. The term abortion most commonly refers to the induced abortion of a human pregnancy, while spontaneous abortions are usually termed miscarriages.

I have a question for you do you believe in torturing terrorist? (if the answer is no)
If you said no you are a moron because you believe in killing gods perfectly harmless creations for nothing and not killing a terrorist for terrorizing our country.

Do you believe in the death sentence?
If you said no your killing a baby for Nothing.

Yes you are killing it you stop its heart from beating it.

What do you think god and Jesus our lord and savior think about that.

If you are atheist please Google john 3:16
Danielle

Pro

We only have 5 minutes to post an argument? Let's go for it.

To answer Con's questions, I am in favor of the death penalty in cases where it is 100% confirmed that the defendant is guilty, therefore making his argument useless. Regarding torturing terrorists, I am also in favor of doing so if those being tortured are in fact guilty for causing harm to our citizens or country, and through torture will reveal information to prevent more terrorism. Again, this makes Con's argument useless.

To address Con's other points, first of all, abortion doesn't require the stopping of a beating heart because many times abortion occurs before the heart has even developed let alone started beating. Further, I don't believe in God and therefore using him to sway my moral opinion is flawed.

I don't believe that abortion is wrong because I believe that only living human persons have a right to life. One becomes a person once they develp consciousness, which usually does not occur until after the 3rd trimester of pregnancy.

If you are a theist, please Google Leviticus 26:14-30 and see how loving your God is.
dandaman3838

Con

dandaman3838 forfeited this round.
Danielle

Pro

Some more reasons why I am Pro legalized abortion:

1. The government doesn't have the right to tell a woman what to do with her own body. At its inception, the fetus is not a person but a fetus and therefore has no legal rights. As such, the woman is responsible for the fetus - it is her property - and she can do with it what she chooses.

2. Most women who make the decision to have an abortion do so because they feel that they would not be able to properly raise a child, and do not wish to bring a child into this world to be sent to an orphanage.

3. If a woman really doesn't want to have a baby, she's going to abort it one way or another. Criminalizing abortions would increase the demand for unsafe and unsanitary criminal back-alley abortions.

4. Abortion is not murder; as I've said, a fetus is not a person in any legal sense of the word. Therefore it becomes a moral issue. For those who don't believe in God, abortion is not a violation of any moral code. Further, since there is a Separation of Church and State, then the opinion of the Church about when a fetus becomes a person is really irrelevant.
dandaman3838

Con

dandaman3838 forfeited this round.
Danielle

Pro

As suspected, my opponent has forfeited 2 subsequent rounds after the first and has provided no arguments of substance. Instead, he only questioned my positions on terrorism and the death penalty which have turned out to be completely irrelevant throughout this debate.

As such, regardless of how you feel about abortion, you should vote for me because my opponent has provided zero substantial arguments. Also, Con failed to address any of my concerns or refute any of my points. Extend my arguments throughout this round and vote Pro. Thank you.
Vote Placed by LaSalle 6 years ago
LaSalle
dandaman3838DanielleTied
Vote Placed by DictatorIsaac 7 years ago
DictatorIsaac
dandaman3838DanielleTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
dandaman3838DanielleTied
Vote Placed by GeoLaureate8 7 years ago
GeoLaureate8
dandaman3838DanielleTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
dandaman3838DanielleTied