Parisien
zookdook1

Abortion

zookdook1

Parisien

Con

Short debate on if abortion should be legalized. I am Con

1. Accept
2. Argue
3. Rebut/ Defend

Thanks!
zookdook1

Pro

Parisien

Con

Arguments

I: A fetus is alive

II: Murder.

Argument I: A Fetus is Alive.

My first argument is that a fetus is alive. Around 1% of abortions are due to rape so that completely destroys the rape argument since that represents such a small group. But again in the cases of rape is it the babies fault that the father or mother made some really bad choices? Again who is paying the consequence for the actions? Also 58% of abortions are to women that are in their 20's. My wife had our first kid at age 20 ironically and here we are 4 years later and we haven't been financially destroyed at all and it didn't prevent her from going to school outside of 1 semester so we are walking proof that going to school is very possible. So in the end people really abort their kids because they just don't want them. But they obviously enjoyed the part about making them. So how is this right that in our society we allow people to avoid getting burned when they play with fire. In no other circumstance in life is this allowed. What is even crazier is the baby is the one that pays for the mistake.

Clearly this baby born at 22 weeks is alive and well. So these late term abortions are actually killing babies who can go on to live healthy lives as shown in the article. It's a technical point I know but still it goes to prove that a hard cut off doesn't really exist. On a side note it is very sick and disturbing that Planned Parenthood is selling baby parts. Mister may stand against this and say I don't agree with that but it is after all a fruit of abortions. If you are pro abortions than you must accept the fruit that comes with it. It amazes me how many illegal things are done at planned parenthood those doctors should lose their license. But that is what happens when we support abortions and encourage young women to follow through on them.

Argument II: Murder

Nothing much to say here. Because a fetus is a human being, and we are killing it, this is murder. Murder makes people in jail, or death, so in this situation also, the mothers have to go to jail.

Thank you for doing this with me. Vote for Con!
zookdook1

Pro

Alright, first some rebuttals.

1. At what point does a fetus become 'alive'? At conception? When it loses it's gills? At what point do you decide, 'Hm, this small ball of cells which vaguely resembles a human is a life'?

2. Again, at what point does it become murder? Technically, you could argue that use of a condom is murder, as you're killing millions upon millions of sperm cells. Again, at what point do these cells become a human life?

1. Rape

2. Medical issues

3. Other reasons for abortion

1. I am aware that you think that 1% of abortions being due to rape destroys this argument, but that is not the case. The fact is that it still occurs, and these people, should they be unable to abort, would have to live with a burden which they did not ask for. Your use of the words 'father or mother made some really bad choices' implies that it is the mother's fault that they were raped. Which is absurd.

2. If the baby is deformed, and should it be born would live a painful and / or impractical life (EG disabled from neck down, maformed lungs, etc), would you still insist that they must keep this child? Even when aborting would save the child quite literally a world of pain and hardship? And what of the mother's wellbeing? What if due to medical reasons, having this child would cause the mother to die in childbirth?

Who's rights are prioritized? The mother or child?

3. And what if, for financial reasons, they are unable to support a child? Would you rather that they get reduced to abject poverty and keep this child, but ultimately cant give this child any chance at life? Or would you rather the child never has to experience the poverty and instead the parent(s) remain able to support themself(ves)?

Childbirth should be a choice. Not a legal necessity. Vote pro.
Parisien

Con

Parisien forfeited this round.
zookdook1

Pro

As my opponent has forfeited this round and provided no argument for me to rebut, there is nothing for me to say here other than to reiterate my previous arguments.

1. Would you punish a woman for being raped and deciding not to take on an unnecessary burden? Would you force her to feed another mouth against her will?

2. If the baby is deformed, would you rather that it lived and felt immense pain and hardship?

3. Would you reduce a mother to poorness instead of allowing her to maintain a reasonable living standard?

Again, to reiterate my previous statement:

Childbirth should be a choice, not a legal necessity. Vote pro.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
TheShun has spoken...............................
Posted by TheShaun 9 months ago
TheShaun
@missmedic Either vote on it when politicians are trying to pass the laws or shut up. Arguing here isn't going to change a single thing. You are beating a dead horse.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Punishment for abortion is not a deterrent or a cure and its immoral. Proper education in human sexuality would do a far better job at preventing unwanted pregnancy, but sadly only abstinence is taught, this is not enough. This explains why Christians like yourself expend more moral energy opposing abortion than fighting for proper sex education. You believe that your religious concerns about sex have something to do with morality. And yet, your efforts are almost never geared towards the relief of human suffering. This prudery of yours contributes daily to the surplus of human misery.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
You can not reduce the amount of harm abortion causes if it is illegal.
Do you want to help pregnant women or put them in jail?
Should the man (the man that caused the unwanted pregnancy) suffer the same punishment as the women?
Should teenage boys opinion on such matters really matter?
Posted by TheShaun 9 months ago
TheShaun
@JayShay I didn't say anything about whether it's legal or not. I was saying it being right or wrong is an opinion and it's foolish to argue about opinions.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
you want to make abortion unnecessary not illegal.
Posted by JayShay 9 months ago
JayShay
@TheShaun dude, chill. He knows it's legal, he's arguing whether it SHOULD be legal.
Posted by TheShaun 9 months ago
TheShaun
Stop trying to argue opinions, moron. You'll never win cause it's an OPINION NOT FACT.
Vote Placed by Mr.Lincoln 9 months ago
Mr.Lincoln
Parisienzookdook1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by JustAnotherFloridaGuy 9 months ago
JustAnotherFloridaGuy
Parisienzookdook1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.