NoobyGurl
wyn.snow

Abortion

NoobyGurl

NoobyGurl

Con

Abortion is a very terrible thing. It is killing a helpless creature. This child has never done anything to anyone, and for some reason they wish to kill them.
wyn.snow

Pro

I suck at intros, so lets get right into contentions?

Contention 1: Women who are raped should not be forced to keep the baby. According to the U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey, 293,066 people are victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year. How many of the women raped per year become pregnant? Why should they have to carry a baby that is not theirs? Would carrying around the memory of a rape not cause you any psychological damage?

Contention 2: Laws against abortion do not stop abortions. All they will do is cause more and more women to have illegal abortions performed. In a majority of cases, these underground abortions are not sterile. On average, 78,000 women die each year due to unsafe abortions. Why increase this number any more?

Contention 3: It is my body, and therefore my choice. Why should another person get to tell me whether or not I have to ruin my body over a baby I do not even want? At which point did my body become the people's body?

Contention 4: Orphanages will fill at a large rate due to the large number of unwanted children. The best option is to terminate the pregnancy and not subject a child to the psychological damage caused by being put in an orphanage because their parents did not want them.
NoobyGurl

Con

1:I know women personally that say the comfort of the child has helped them and numbed the pain of their rape. Also only about 5% of women who are raped actually are impregnated.
2:If a woman would seriously risk her life in order to get rid of another that is pure this is a very sad world we live in. The risk of an abortion would be higher, yes but maybe that would make the women change their minds convincing them the risk is too great.
3:It is not your body. Are you killing yourself? No, I'm pretty sure you are killing an innocent child who has done anything to harm anything or anyone. It stopped being just your body at conception. Now you must make decisions that are right for you and the fetus.
4:Many woman keep their babies. They make a strong bond with them over a period of nine months. They could not bear to part with them, this also happens with surrogates.
wyn.snow

Pro

1. Rape can cause depression anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Keeping the product of a rape would only serve to prolong and make worse these issues. "Only about 5% of women who are raped get pregnant." This 5%, when converted to the actual number is 17,342. 17,342 rape survivors will become impregnated. 17,342 women will be put at risk of depression, anxiety, and ptsd over the opinions of others, many of which are based off of a book that mentions talking bushes and snakes.
2. No. The thing about this world that makes it sad is that some people think that their opinions should be able to dictate what one can and cannot do with their bodies. A woman who does not want a baby should not be forced to carry and keep that baby. It is not your decision to make for her. You cannot bully a woman into keeping an unwanted child, which is exactly what you suggest in saying that the fear factor would make them want to keep the kid.
3. "It's not your body." Alright. Whose is it then? MY body does not belong to the government, and it doesn't belong to a mythical man in the sky. It is MY body, and if I choose not to carry around a constant reminder of my rape, then I should not have to. I am not under any obligation to make any choices for anyone other than myself before, during, or after conception.
4. While many women do keep their children, they do not care for them as much as they would under different circumstances, such as circumstances in which the baby was not an inconvenience.
NoobyGurl

Con

Rape is very traumatizing. This maybe the only acceptational reason, but it is still not right to kill such an innocent person. There laws that send us to jail for murdering someone like our next door neighbor. Why is it any different when someone kills a child within them? Also this is most defiantly not your body or the government's or society's, it is the child's body. You say "it's my body" IT IS NOT! Are you killing yourself? Hmmm, I don't think so. You are killing something that you were meant to protect with your life. Do you see animals having abortions because they don't want it or because some other animal raped them? No, you don't. This is our purpose as a species, to reproduce and protect our offspring.
wyn.snow

Pro

wyn.snow forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 8 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: TUF// Mod action: Removed<

1 points to Pro (Conduct). Reasons for voting decision: Counter vote bombing dsjpk again. Scouting out all his vote bombs and countering them until moderation steps in to solve this problem.

[*Reason for removal*] CVBs are strictly prohibited.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 8 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: ZachZimmey// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture

[*Reason for removal*] The voter doesn't explain S&G, Arguments or Sources.
Posted by genevieve00009 9 months ago
genevieve00009
I can't believe people actually think another persons body is theres. even if the body is inside that individual
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 8 months ago
dsjpk5
NoobyGurlwyn.snowTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.