yarelis
OnlineMissionary197

Abortion

yarelis

Pro

"In 1985, I was living with my sister in Virginia, and since I was still in high school, I worked at McDonald"s to save money to get an abortion. It sounds really terrible, but it was the best decision I ever made. It was the first time I took responsibility for my actions. I messed up, had sex without contraception, and got pregnant at 15." "Kathleen Hanna, a women who had an abortion herself. Abortion has always been a controversial topic; it can be debated on for hours. Over the years of abortion being legal, there"s been thousands of abortion protests. Most of these protests are stopping women from making their own choice. Abortion has many benefits, it can provide medical research, having children when not ready may cause poverty, and finally it"s a women"s choice their body, their rules. Abortion should stay legal.
OnlineMissionary197

Con

{Abortion should not be legal for this situation involves the taking of human life. People believe when the baby is in the womb it is just simply an embryo, or a fetus. Considering it is only thought as a micro-organism without the complexity of it actually being life. Thus, it is okay to terminate whenever the child is underdeveloped. The fetus does not become a human until it is capable of surviving outside the womb, according to public opinion.}

{For me, this is not the case whatsoever. I do not believe that when a human sperm or a human egg dies it is a significant death. They are only simple organisms alone, like skin cells for example; but when a human sperm and egg come together and bond, that is now considered human life. Terminating the embryo would be considered an act of murder.}

{93% of those who had abortions said, "It had not been a good solution to their problems" and they "would not recommend it to others in their situation. A reason for this is that there is usually a feeling of guilt of a life being taken. Another is the opinions of those around the women. Whether the people around her are pro-life and have shame for her decision, or there are mixed opinions and she is caught in the mixed of the conflict for the majority of her remaining life.}

Also, I like to use the Good Book as my guide and reference. If we would look toward the book of Jeremiah, chapter 1, we would see in verse five it says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." (NIV) Before the child even began to form, God, knew the child. Even you! God knew you long before your mother and father bedded each other. This should tell us that as soon a life begins in the womb that is another human being.

Another Book we can look to is Psalms, chapter 139. Verses 13 and 16 says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Again, God knew us before he even let us be created. He destined the child to be with life. God has been there through the development of the being inside the womb.

{And before you start saying that abortion is about the choice of a woman, let me give you some prospective here. Abortion has never been about "choice"" It is about escaping the consequences of your choices by taking all "choices" away from another human being.}

Another thing to think about is that you too were that child you call a fetus. You were a fetus, and when you were had by your parents, even they had the choice to abort you. Just think, you, a brilliant, lovable, excellent human being, could have been killed nineteen years, and we would not be talking here, you would not have gone to school, a restaurant would not be blessed with your presence, and your parents would not have someone to invest their love into.

Even if you are unable to take care of your child, there are several alternatives to abortion. One of the better choices is adoption. If you can"t care for the kid, let someone else responsible care for your child. I see you are responsible person, willing to work to meet a goal, but feel abortion was an irresponsible decision. The responsible choice was to stop thinking of yourself and to put your child first. Think of your parents. They sacrificed much, just to take care of you, and your siblings (If you have any).

We are imperfect people, but we too can do wonderful things. We should take responsibility of our actions, but it should be done in the right way. Even if the abortion is not murder, it is still considered a selfish act. I"m not trying to impose that you are a horrible person, because you are not; we just need to be careful about the choices we make, along with considering the consequences and implications our decision brings.

I look forward to your response"

http://prolifeaction.org......

http://www.infographicszone.com......

http://www.babycentre.co.uk......

http://www.christianbiblereference.org...

http://www.gotquestions.org...

http://www.tandurust.com...

A previous debate of mine: http://www.debate.org...

And the "Abortion is Murder" Facebook community

Paragraphs I am using from my previous debate will be found in {}
yarelis

Pro

yarelis forfeited this round.
OnlineMissionary197

Con

OnlineMissionary197 forfeited this round.
yarelis

Pro

yarelis forfeited this round.
OnlineMissionary197

Con

I would wish you would come back and debate about this.
yarelis

Pro

yarelis forfeited this round.
OnlineMissionary197

Con

yarelis

Pro

yarelis forfeited this round.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 8 months ago
OnlineMissionary197
I hope you haven't forgotten about this debate. If your have scheduling conflicts, then cool. But I pray you would please respond with any question, statements, feedback, rebukes, etc... I'm eager to hear back.
OnlineMissionary197
You had sex, and you messed up by doing that, that's understandable. The issue is that you did not take proper responsibility in cleaning up your actions. You made a decision to clean up a mess that you are made, along with your partner, by taking away the rights of the other human being. You wanted to honor your choices, by taking away someone else s.