RoyalDark
TheRedneck

Abortion

RoyalDark

Con

This is a debate on abortion. This is a broad and controversial topic. I will be debating that abortion is wrong and should be illegal. Good luck to my opponent!

1st Round - Acceptance
2nd Round - Opening Argument
3rd Round - Rebuttal
4th Round - 2nd Argument
5th Round - 2nd Rebuttal
TheRedneck

Pro

I am against abortion, in every scenario, but I look forward to this debate.
RoyalDark

Con

Abortion is a terrible sickness that should be illegal. People condone the killing of an innocent human that is not even born yet. People who support abortion say that it is a basic human right. This is completely untrue, as no one has the right to murder someone. They say that a woman has the right to do what they want with their own bodies and that a government cannot tell a woman that she cannot have an abortion. However, abortion would no longer be even considered to continue to be legal, when it is realized that the fetus in the womb is a human being, not just a mass of cells.

Pro-choice supporters believe that the human inside the mother"s womb is not a human being, but instead just a mass of cells. This is completely untrue. Even at conception, the baby"s DNA is formed and the baby begins to develop exponentially. Very quickly, the fetus has a brain and heart. No one in their right mind would legalize the killing of a two year old, yet the two year old is nowhere near the size and developmental point as a 25 year old. However, people still consider the two year old to be a human, it is just less developed. There is no difference between this and a fetus, except that the fetus is less developed.

People also use the appeal to pity fallacy constantly when supporting abortion. The appeal to pity fallacy is committed when someone makes you feel bad for something in place of an argument. They want you to feel bad for the woman who is raising a child of rape or incest. They try to make you feel sorry for the teenage girl whose life would be drastically changed because of her pregnancy. However, this is completely illogical, as there is also the possibility of adoption, so that the baby would not have to be cared for by the mother, who for whatever reason cannot raise the child.
TheRedneck

Pro

TheRedneck forfeited this round.
RoyalDark

Con

Ummm... he did not say anything, so there really is not anything for me to refute.
TheRedneck

Pro

TheRedneck forfeited this round.
RoyalDark

Con

RoyalDark forfeited this round.
TheRedneck

Pro

TheRedneck forfeited this round.
RoyalDark

Con

I am going to assume my opponent quit. I do not see why he accepted if he is against abortion. If anyone would like to do and actual abortion debate, feel free to PM me.
TheRedneck

Pro

TheRedneck forfeited this round.
Posted by RoyalDark 8 months ago
RoyalDark
TheVeza

A human is anything capable of having human life. This is at ANY stage. The fetus does not become a human when it is born. Killing a two year old is the same as killing the being in the womb and n person in their right mind would kill a two year old.

As to what I mean when I say it is completely illogical. That is only when it is in place of an argument because that is not an argument, merely just making you feel bad about something is not an argument by itself.
Posted by TheVeza 8 months ago
TheVeza
A question to both the Instigator and to the Contender

What do you consider to be human, a fetus that developed within a certain amount of time, a fertilized egg, a possessing beating heart, anything with the possibility of developing into a human being, after birth where the Umbilical cord was severed or what?

To RoyalDark

I agree that a person should not use appeal to pity in an argument. You also wrote "They want you to feel bad for the woman who is raising a child of rape or incest." I however do no agree that in an argument, you should be free to bring up what your opponents want you to feel as if it were a fact, making you sound like you knew their intention and immediately judged it as a silly notion.

You also wrote "They try to make you feel sorry for the teenage girl whose life would be drastically changed because of her pregnancy. However, this is completely illogical, as there is also the possibility of adoption, so that the baby would not have to be cared for by the mother, who for whatever reason cannot raise the child." Ignoring your claims of the intentions of those who are are pro-choice, the possibility of adoption also assumes the mother has went through labor so it cannot be "completely illogical".