TysonMarshall
tkubok

Abortion

Con Tied Pro

TysonMarshall

Con

I, con, will argue that abortion a bad way to go.

Definitions.
Abortion: Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.

Fetus: in the later stages of development when the body structures are in the recognizable form of its kind, in humans after the end of the second month of gestation.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
http://dictionary.reference.com...
tkubok

Pro

Not at all. There are certain situations that i deem Abortion to be necessary.

One example, is the situation where the Fetus is severely deformed or otherwise cannot exist outside the womb. Such illnesses, such as Neural Tube defect(1), is a justification for abortion, as the Fetus is alive, but does not have any cognitive abilities.

Another example, is if the fetus, or the birth of the fetus endangers the life of the mother. There have been many cases where the child will infact endanger the mother, such as in this case(2), where, despite Abortion being illegal, the Judge ordered an abortion because having the child will essentially kill the mother.

Infact, i am appalled at the church which excommunicated the girl even though she was sexually molested and raped by her step-father, which resulted in the pregnancy.

That is all. :D

1. http://www.nichd.nih.gov...
2. http://www.foxnews.com...
TysonMarshall

Con

Ok, i should of clarified my point being that a pregnant women may not induce an abortion for any reason. 'In other words, if this argument is successful in showing that abortion is justified in the case of a woman pregnant with a deformed or Mongoloid fetus, it only establishes the right to an abortion in such cases, not "for any reason the pregnant woman deems fit." Obviously if a fetus is destined to die immediately after birth, an abortion is an easy choice, but if a women was to have a child that had a disease such as 'down syndrome', and could not handle the stresss of caring for a deformed child, it is still not morally ethical. If a woman could not cope with that, she should not of gotten pregnant. It is one of the dedications of becoming a mother!as for your other example. I would undoubtfully sacrifice my life to save my child. If a mother is so selfish enough that she would rather live, and kill her ownkid she is not fit to be a mother.

http://www.christiananswers.ne...
tkubok

Pro

Oh Jesus...

"Ok, i should of clarified my point"

You should have specified this at the start of the debate. Although you shouldn't come after the first post and cry about how your opponent has made an argument that utterly destroys your contention, i suppose ill let it go.

"she should not of gotten pregnant."

Read the article. This 9 year old, NINE YEAR OLD girl, was RAPED by HER STEP FATHER.

Actually, youre right. This 9 year old should have fought. I mean, 9 year old's have superhuman strength, right?

"If a mother is so selfish enough that she would rather live, and kill her ownkid she is not fit to be a mother"

Yes, how stupid, how foolish of this 9 year old to want to live. How stupid of this 9 year old to not understand what it means to be a mother. How stupid of the mother of this 9 year old to take precedence of her 9 year old who has been raped, molested, and abused, and not risk killing her. Shame on both of them.

No, shame on you.
TysonMarshall

Con

You know well, that i am not referring to your points. I said i should of clarrified my point, and i debated as if i had. I was speaking in general.
tkubok

Pro

This is your final closing argument? sigh...

I told you, i let that go already.

You haven't responded to my argument about how the Nine year old who was raped by her step father, is justified in having an abortion. Oh wait, you did.

To be fair, you kinda did. Your argument was along the lines of "She shouldve sacrificed her 9 years of life for her twin children, because it was her fault that she was raped and got pregenant, and she, as every 9 year old, should know what it means to be a mother".

Sorry, but no. I am for her abortion, and i am against the church that excommunicated this girl for choosing to want to live. Many people criticized this archbishops decision, and i have no doubt that most of the Christians who live in the USA would not believe at the stupidity of this church. Your argument holds no weight, holds no water. Sorry.
Posted by gugi 5 years ago
gugi
I agree with MsFuhri.

I am Pro choice on abortion because I believe that if a woman (or young girl) has been raped she has every right to terminate a pregnancy considering she did not agree to having sex and was not given the option of any form of birth control.

Or if every form of birth control was used and by some odd occurrence the female was still impregnated (which I remind you is rare).

There is also the occurrence of a couple having sex but one person finds a way to compromise the other person precautions, in this I mean "poking holes in the condom" or "lying about taking the pill" this is a reality which many people do face. A person does not want a child and uses their protection but the other person does want a child for their own reasoning and tampers with the protection in order to fulfill their own "needs" in which abortion is a necessary means of the clearing the problem which the opposing person has created without consent. (I hope this made sense it was hard to put into words for some reason).

The use of abortion as a form of birth control for "irresponsible behaviour" is not proper. When any human being makes the conscious decision to have sex they are responsible for the outcome of their actions, if they do not take proper procedures for pregnancy protection then they are knowingly putting themselves at risk and should not be given the option of abortion as a consequence of their irresponsible behaviour. Its like getting married knowing you can divorce if you have a bad time, it abuses the freedoms that have been given to society. It seems people are taking less precaution to every action they commit.

Abortion is a very hard choice to make for a woman or couple and it will stay with her/them for her/their whole life, that is enough "punishment" for their "wrong doing".
Posted by MsFuhri 5 years ago
MsFuhri
I would like to see a debate on abortion being used an acceptable as a form of birth control for irresponsible behavior, since the majority of abortions are not from rapes or the health of the mother/child.
Posted by kayleetrottier 6 years ago
kayleetrottier
But "stomping on newborn skulls" is ok in the circumstance of rape or deformity?? I agree with dollydo "what is the moral reasoning behind abortion? Why should it be considered unethical?" How can stomping on skulls be morally acceptable in one instance and not in the other?
Posted by startrekfan1324 6 years ago
startrekfan1324
In cases like rape or deformity, an abortion would be acceptable. Not because some horny 16-year-old decided to get lazy with protection and doesn't want to deal with it. And even if a fetus isn't a person, doesn't mean it's an expendable life. Or potential life, anyway. If I don't want my dog anymore, that doesn't make it ethical for me to shoot it. In my opinion, an abortion is nothing different than stomping on a newborns skull, fresh from the womb.
Posted by TysonMarshall 6 years ago
TysonMarshall
lol.
Posted by dollydo 6 years ago
dollydo
Pro life=some killing okay...now that is something to laugh about! lol!
Posted by dollydo 6 years ago
dollydo
To TysonMarshall,

Duty does not equal moral reasoning. It is your duty as a Christian to uphold the religious teachings of your faith. But what is the moral reasoning behind abortion? Why should it be considered unethical?
Posted by dollydo 6 years ago
dollydo
To mattrodstrom,

And you have said it all. We value some life over other forms of life. So now the real question is what value have we placed on unborn life? If we have deemed that some life (like the bug) can be taken, what about the life of the unborn? I will pose another question for you. If the expecting mother's life was at jeopardy, and proceeding through labour would ultimately take her life. Who's life would you choose to save? Both have the same right to life, both are human, both deserve equal consideration. If you are pro life the unborn child should then be saved. The mother's health or life is not to be considered if the consideration means intentionally ending another life. If you are pro life but agree that abortion, in some situations like rape and molestation are acceptable. I ask you why so? Why in a situation like rape and molestation is the value of the unborn life less-valued than the value of another unborn life? It seems to me that many pro lifers are confused on this issue about the value of life. Their argument is not sound because they realize that we place different value on different life, but then have no reasoning behind why we do place value on life. This reason is why many pro lifers fail in their argument against abortion.
Posted by mattrodstrom 6 years ago
mattrodstrom
lol @ prolife=vegetarian

in "prolife" i'm pretty sure people usually mean pro "human" life.

And I don't see why this position necessarily means they have to also be pro bug life, as perhaps the value of human life isn't due to it living, but rather has something to do with the qualities of that particular kind of life.
Posted by TysonMarshall 6 years ago
TysonMarshall
You asked all those questions, and why i do it. The answer is that my opinions are christian.
Vote Placed by wiseovvl 5 years ago
wiseovvl
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by simplymara 5 years ago
simplymara
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by Rasliel 5 years ago
Rasliel
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by cmahdavi 6 years ago
cmahdavi
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by DeafAtheist14 6 years ago
DeafAtheist14
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by cjlopez213 6 years ago
cjlopez213
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by Andpie123 6 years ago
Andpie123
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by sparklypaige90 6 years ago
sparklypaige90
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by jwljacl 6 years ago
jwljacl
TysonMarshalltkubokTied
Vote Placed by belle 6 years ago
belle
TysonMarshalltkubokTied