alohagiraffe
RowanM

Abortion

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 5 months ago Status: Voting Period

alohagiraffe

Pro

I'm for abortion. It's a woman's body and she can do whatever she wants with it. If you got raped would you want to keep the baby? The baby will just be a constant reminder of the rape and can give the mother depression and health problems. It's true when a mother aborts a child they feel trauma and loss but keep ing the baby will give them even worse health problems then that.
RowanM

Con

I'll accept and take the pro-life stance. I'm actually pro-choice as well, so I can't guarantee I have good arguments.

I'd like to start off with the idea that the relative unhappiness of the woman who has to have an unwanted child can never possibly weigh up against the happiness you take away of the unborn child by not allowing it to live and enjoy life. Therefore it's immoral to have an abortion. This goes for rape cases as well. A woman is raped and suffers say 6 months of physical damage and give or take 2 years of emotional damage. This only adds up to 3 years. Compare that to the life of a person that's around 80 years, which you take away.
alohagiraffe

Pro

When you said that woman who take care of a baby (raped), they will suffer health problems but you said the mother would suffer even more if she aborts the child. Correct? Well actually what I said was opposite in round 1, and it was also a fact because I did a lot of research on this topic and had to make an essay. That was a fact and you can't change that. Taking care of a baby (raped) for the rest of you life, will give you severe health problems much more then aborting the child.
Now let's talk about the baby, NO ONE SHOULD COME IN THIS WORLD UNWANTED, or something like that.
the unborn child in the womb cannot feel pain, they can only feel pain during late pregnancies. Meaning when the abortion is done correctly, the child will not feel pain during its death.
RowanM

Con

"When you said that woman who take care of a baby (raped), they will suffer health problems but you said the mother would suffer even more if she aborts the child. Correct?"
If you pay attention to my argument, that is not what I am saying. I'm saying the total amount of happiness in the world decreases if an abortion is done.

"it was also a fact because I did a lot of research on this topic and had to make an essay. That was a fact and you can't change that."
I don't care how much you know about the subject and how many essays you've done. In a debate you're supposed to give an argument.

"Taking care of a baby (raped) for the rest of you life, will give you severe health problems much more then aborting the child."
Unless you can prove this, this argument has no meaning.

"NO ONE SHOULD COME IN THIS WORLD UNWANTED"
Better to come into the world unwanted than not at all. I'm sure any aborted child will agree on that. Any healthy person for that matter.

Pro's arguments seem to be that:
1. Raising a child would give the mother severe health problems, more than an abortion. He has given no proof for this. Until he does so, this argument is negligible.
2. No person should come into this world unwanted.
Like I already said, any sane person would agree to rather be alive unwanted than not at all. An alive person can make a career, befriend people, learn things, have great sex and eat bacon. An aborted person can't.
3. A child can't feel pain in the stage the abortion takes place. Again, I see no evidence here so I don't know if it's true. If it is however, that doesn't excuse an abortion for the same reason killing a fully grown person isn't excusable if they don't feel any pain.

I'll repeat my argument here:

A person that's robbed of their complete like can never experience any happiness. 80 years of unhappiness far outweighs half a decade of pain dealt to the mother in question. Rape is no exception to this.
alohagiraffe

Pro

alohagiraffe forfeited this round.
RowanM

Con

This is going to be a long few rounds.
alohagiraffe

Pro

alohagiraffe forfeited this round.
RowanM

Con

RowanM forfeited this round.
alohagiraffe

Pro

alohagiraffe forfeited this round.
RowanM

Con

RowanM forfeited this round.
Posted by simonevinson 6 months ago
simonevinson
I think Abortion is never OK, no matter what the situation may be. There are plenty of other solutions that just killing the baby, who did nothing wrong.

But, other than my point of view, this is a great topic!