anna0128
RogueAthiest

Abortion

anna0128

Con

Just debate all rounds, even the first one.

We are killing the baby in the mother's stomach! How can this be legalised! Humans have rights, and a baby is a human, so babies have rights, therefore they should not be killed!

This is a very famous quote to show that they are living!!!

Claim: All eukaryotic cells are living

Claim: All zygotes are eukaryotic cells

Conclusion: All zygotes are living

https://en.wikipedia.org...

This baby came be an amazing person! He might be world-famous, invent a cure which can save millions of lives, but we are killing that baby, which is bad! Therefore, abortion is wrong!
RogueAthiest

Pro

First of all are you a vegetarian? So you don't eat meat or fish.

The reason abortions happen is because they parent(s) don't want the child. If the child is born the chances that they will be cared for and looked after properly are slim. This means that the baby is unlikely to grow up and become a doctor or invent a cure to a disease. The child will grow up ignored, unloved and possibly abused. I agree, that in some cases after the child is born the parent realize they wanted the child and they are loved. But in others they aren't wanted even after birth.

Surely the mother should decide what she does with her body. Overall it should be her choice
anna0128

Con

My opponent says that the main point of abortion is because the mother does not want the child, and kills him. This is horrible. Same thing, I hate my brother. Do I kill him? No, that is immoral, and my opponent does not say that the baby/fetus is not alive, so he automatically buys that it is alive, and all things have the right of life [1]. Like this baby, and the mother cannot have the right of kill the living baby.

My opponent says it is the mother's choice. Same thing, my choice that I want to kill my brother. Do I kill him? Same thing happens here, that is immoral, hence, my opponent's arguments are invalid, and you should vote Con.
RogueAthiest

Pro

I would like to point out, you did not answer my question.

Not once did I say I believed a cluster of cells in the womb of a mother was alive. I stated that if the ball of cells were allowed to develop into a ball of flesh and that ball of ball flesh was allowed to develop into a ball of flesh with a backbone and if that ball of flesh was allowed to develop into a ball of flesh with human like features (webbed fingers and toes, sealed shut eyes, arms, legs, a nose and a mouth) and if that is allowed to develop into a fully viable life form, then and only then do I believe that there is a living human being living inside of a mothers womb. To clarify, I believe that when a foetus is viable the foetus is living. When the foetus is a living, then I believe that it is living. But before that point I believe that abortion is perfectly fine.

To come back to your ridiculous comment about you killing your brother. Obviously I don't believe that murder is acceptable, however I do believe that it is acceptable to stop a life from being created (the same reason I believe condoms are a good thing, I also believe pregnancy pills are a good thing).

I obviously don't think I have to be right and I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
anna0128

Con

anna0128 forfeited this round.
RogueAthiest

Pro

RogueAthiest forfeited this round.