logicalgambino
RonPaulConservative

Abortion

logicalgambino has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

logicalgambino

Con

Abortion is morally unacceptable, it and it goes against the qualities and ethics that make this country great. There are not valid reasons as to why Abortion should be legal / accessible to the public. Excluding rape and life of the mother, which only make up a very small percentage (Rape - O.5% and Life of the mother - 4%). Life of the unborn trumps convenience of the mother. "My body my choice" is invalid since your actions directly effect another body that has its own heartbeat, blood, DNA, brain, and nervous system. Life does begin at conception. I am open and ready to conduct a civil and educated debate with someone of opposing views. I am confident the judge will judge not on opinion, but on the arguments made and who better conveyed their ideas and thoughts.
RonPaulConservative

Pro

My opponents case can be defined in round 1:
"My body my choice" is invalid since your actions directly effect another body that has its own heartbeat, blood, DNA, brain, and nervous system. Life does begin at conception."
So in this debate I do not need to argue for abortion per se, but rather need to prove this resolution false. So I am going to play devils advocate and begin by saying that life does not begin at conception.

The underlying argument that a fetus is a human, which I agree with, states that abortion is not a women's right and is not protected under the right of bodily autonomy since the fetus's body is separate from its mothers body, which is correct. However, this argument falls flat when used to say that "life begins at conception," since at conception, the baby is just a single celled organism with no organs, no grey matter, not even Chromosomes!

As far as I'm concerned, life begins when the fetus has its own organ system from its mothers, which occurs at around 3 or 5 weeks. Thus, life does not begin at conception, since it does not have its own heartbeat, blood, and brain like my opponent claims.