TheRealSpassky101
Jenae.ross

Abortion

Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

TheRealSpassky101

Pro

Hello. The first round is acceptance.
Good luck.
Jenae.ross

Con

I accept. Thank you for the challenge and good luck to you too.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

There are many cases where abortion is looked down upon. However, to start this debate, what is your personal opinion when a baby has life? i.e. When the baby grows nails, pumps blood, etc.
Jenae.ross

Con

In my opinion, I am unsure as to when a baby gets certain body parts, nor do I really care. When a woman reads "positive" on her pregnancy test; it means that there is a life inside of her. A life that could either be an average joe, or a world-changer! Being pregnant is a big responsibility. In doing so, women have to carry a big burden of keeping a child alive. Many people believe that with the first few weeks of a baby's life, they technically aren't even "living". Therefore; having abortion wouldn't be wrong because you really aren't killing a human being. The truth is; being pregnant, is basically a home and shelter for a young life that can't take care of itself. Babies have lives too and killing them for your own convenience isn't fair to them or you at all.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

Sorry for the lateness of this debate.

Also, there is a difference between fetuses and babies. I understand that this will narrow down to a moral debate, so I would like to address some things.

1) Abortion isn't the killing of children at your convenience, that is called infanticide.
2) What about if the mother's life is in danger? What if her only chance of living is abortion?
3) What if the child will come out deformed or dead? Then the mother is only going through the pain of childbearing to produce a blob of flesh.
Jenae.ross

Con

Technically speaking, there really is no difference between a fetus and a baby. In saying that, it would take me to evolution. I do not believe in evolution. In saying fetus' aren't babies; is saying they evolve into a baby within the womb. That would be an incorrect statement. If evolving from monkey's to humans took "millions" of years, how come it takes nine months for a fetus to become a child?

When it comes to this "infanticide" term; abortion is abortion. Killing isn't a game. In having abortion, you kill your child, you are killing a life. Also, technically speaking; every abortion is always for someone's convenience.

If the child was going to come out dead, there is no pain when it comes out or it gets surgically removed.

In regards to deformation; my friend is deformed. Believe me; she is not a "blob of flesh"

In regards to a mother's only chance of living, give me a scenario. I need proofs of your points.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

In regards to evolution, a fetus turning into a baby is not evolution. If you are claiming it is evolution, that is the same as a child growing into an elderly person performing "evolution." Also, humans did not evolve from monkeys; they evolved from apes such as chimps.

Evolution is evolution because it bars us from creating life with other species, therefore a fetus turning into a baby is not evolution.

In regards to a mother dying, many women die from child bearing. This is a informatory website issued by the government:

http://www.cdc.gov...
Jenae.ross

Con

I only said it was evolution because that is what you made it to be. I know we supposedly came from apes and/or chimps; but you know what I'm saying and monkeys come from the same family anyway.

Evolution does not exist. If interested, challenge me to another debate.

I know women die from childbirth. So are you saying in the midst of childbirth women should kill their babies? No, whoever dies, dies due to natural issues. Children shouldn't die from their parent's decision to do so.

It's also very gruesome how abortions can be performed. My mother witness the baby being sucked out of the womb. My mother told me that she saw; "The baby was struggling to get away, but there was nowhere to go."
Babies body parts are sold and it's just evil the way things are done.

http://www.justfacts.com...

This is a website for the development of a baby. These babies are real, moving, and living lives. To kill them is brutal and cruel.
TheRealSpassky101

Pro

This may sound like I am going off on a tangent but....

Didn't the Bible reward people who killed there children in the name of God? i.e. Abraham?

Also, I do not quite believe that disemboweled babies are sold. That would be illegal.
Jenae.ross

Con

No, the bible did not reward people. Sometimes God let's children die because it's all apart of His plan for us.

God told Abraham to build an altar and kill His son. If you read the bible, God sent an angel to stop Abraham before he killed his son Isaac. Abraham never killed his son. God was only testing Abraham's faithfulness.

Going back to how abortion is performed, baby parts were sold a few years back, I don't know much about it now, but if you'd like to go back to abortion procedures, there was a woman named Abby Johnson. She wrote a book. She used to be the CEO of planned parenthood and after performing an abortion, she realized what she was doing and converted to Christianity. You should read her book. It's good and shows just what abortion can do to someone.

But to finally end, I believe abortion is wrong and should be made illegal. It can hurt people for life and it costs everything you are. Thank you.
Posted by whiteflame 2 weeks ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Juliegirl// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Abortion is murder

[*Reason for removal*] This is not an RFD. The voter's own views on the topic may not be the deciding factor for any vote on any debate.
************************************************************************
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 2 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
Umm. Juliegirl, that is not how voting works.
Posted by Jenae.ross 2 weeks ago
Jenae.ross
No, God does not kill His children. He may allow them to die, but he doesn't purposefully kill them. Also, Abraham knew that His life belonged to God along with His son's life. Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son to show his faithfulness to God. God has a purpose with everything Hi commands.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 2 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
I am aware of the story. Of course, Abraham did not bat an eye. This shows that God is familiar with killing children.
Posted by TheRealSpassky101 2 weeks ago
TheRealSpassky101
I had meant a dead "blob of flesh."
Posted by Jenae.ross 2 weeks ago
Jenae.ross
What you can do is as soon as you can after the raping, go to the hospital; they can remove the sperm and use the DNA to find the raper-person.
Posted by Politics2016 2 weeks ago
Politics2016
I think that if someone is raped, that's a different situation.
Posted by Jenae.ross 2 weeks ago
Jenae.ross
I agree, I am sorry your friend had to suffer through that.

But to say it was okay to abort due to being raped makes it sound okay to be raped. The point is, she made the decision to kill her child and she will have to live with that her whole life. What is she went off the meds for a bit and put her child up for adoption? There's always a way out of things.
Posted by cwt002 3 weeks ago
cwt002
I hate to hear that about your friend, I could not imagine what she went through.

So, let"s say this "We should outlaw all abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother's life is in danger (meaning there is a great likelihood of her dying). Would you accept that premise?

The debate ultimately comes down to, is that a human life inside of the womb? If so, there should definitely be significant regulations on abortion and, if not then it is just a lifeless lump of cells.
Posted by Lucsmith 3 weeks ago
Lucsmith
So, about the whole "life inside her" thing, Id just like to let you know that it isn't your decision.
It is hers.
It is her life; her well being that is at stake.
Let me tell you a story: A good friend of mine was brutally raped and got pregnant. Not only couldn't she afford this child, but she was also on a heavy antidepressant that would make this child sevirly disabled. She got an abortion. For her, and for every other woman to get an abortion, is the hardest deciion to make. But, as stated before, it is her decision and hers only to make.