Justin_Ford
Kove_Ducote

Abortion

Justin_Ford has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Justin_Ford

Con

The idea that you have the right to take the life away from a unique human being is outright evil. There are no logical factors that somehow allows the mother to usurp the fetus. Why does the mother get to choose the fate of another human being?
Kove_Ducote

Pro

To begin, I will have to explain that you have a wrong idea. A fetus is not a life. It is incapable of surviving on its own, and it has yet to develop. It is incapable of life-like mental or emotion processes. To continue advancement towards life, it relies completely on draining nutrients from its mother's body. This is also true for an embryo or a zygote. Therefore, during the process of an abortion, there is not a child's life at stake.

And now, I present to you my own argument. If a woman is pregnant and not ready for a child, wouldn't the soon-to-be newborn be better off not born at all, rather than being sent to live in a possibly dangerous environment? As there is nothing lost but a fetus during abortion, saving a family from pain sounds like the better option to me. Abortion is a life-saving advancement in our medical capabilities - not a life-ending one.