ANTIFAisCANCER
dsjpk5

Abortion

ANTIFAisCANCER has forfeited round #3.

ANTIFAisCANCER

Con

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act is a federal law that considers the unborn child as a legal victim in certain circumstances, but contains a provision excepting abortion by a pregnant mother or someone acting on her behalf. However, 38 states recognize the fetus as a crime victim in cases of fetal homicide.

What charge might a state prosecutor bring against a woman who kills her unborn child? Manslaughter immediately comes to mind. Too harsh? If so, isn"t that getting away with murder? Is guilt alone sufficient recompense for the taking of a human life?

And weren't you a fetus too?
dsjpk5

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate.

PLAGIARISM

My opponent has plagiarized his/her entire argument from the following website:

http://www.pressherald.com...

I ask the voters to consider this when voting on conduct.
ANTIFAisCANCER

Con

ok, glad you accepted,

First of all, A fetus is not "a bundle of cells" it is living and its heart is pumping. It's a abomination of human rights and even though it is in some one. They technically "created" the fetus. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean you have the right to kill it. And second of all, when they kill it, its a nine month old fetus that has most of its parts and it has its rights. In case you wonder, I didn't use any website to write this but i'm sure you will
dsjpk5

Pro

As someone who is pro-life myself, I enjoy an opportunity to participate in a devil's advocate argument. I will begin with a rebuttal of my opponent's arguments, and then proceed to my own arguments.

Rebuttal:

My opponent undercuts his/her argument by conceding a fetus is "a abomination of human rights" in round two. I couldn't agree more. Giving a non sentient creature human rights would be an abomination.

Second, my opponent makes a false claim by saying an aborted fetus is nine months old. The fetus stage of reproduction begins at the beginning of the second month [1]

Lastly, whether or not the heart us pumping us irrelevant. We remove life support from people who's heart is still pumping all the time.

Now for my own arguments...

Total Body Autonomy:

Regardless if the fetus is a human being, the mother has total body autonomy. The fetus is there by permission. If the mother withdraws the permission, she has the right to remove the fetus from her body by any means medically necessary. [2]

1. https://www.merriam-webster.com...

2. https://www.thenation.com...
Posted by MakeDebatingGreatAgain 4 months ago
MakeDebatingGreatAgain
Most definitely, the "fetus" you speak of is a human being, not just a collection of cells. It had rights as soon as it was conceived. You cannot justify the murder of an innocent child with the excuse of 3rd wave feminazism, that women have a right to their body. So what if they do? If they don't want to have children, than they should prevent it in the first place. It's their fault, not an unborn fetus,
Posted by missmedic 4 months ago
missmedic
Does the fetus have rights, and if so, does it also have the right to remain in the womb against the mothers wishes?