EXOPrimal
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Abortion

EXOPrimal

EXOPrimal

Con

Debate Settings
10,000 Character arguments
72 Hour argument time
14 Day Voting
Opponent must have completed 1 debate, this is to avoid a new member accepting then freezing the debate, if you have not completed one debated and wish to accept this debate please message me or leave a comment

Complete Topic
Should Abortion be allowed in the united states?

Note: Contender is debating for abortion being legal

Terms
Abortion
The deliberate termination of a human pregnancy

Rules
1. No forfeits
2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final round
4. No trolling
5. No semantics
6. My opponent accepts all definitions and waives his/her right to add definitions
7. Violation of any of these rules or of any of the R1 set-up merits a loss.
8. No "K's" on the topic.
9. All citations should be links, and may not be hidden behind a login
10.For all undefined terms, individuals should use commonplace understandings that fit within the logical context of the resolution and this debate

Debate Format
R1: Pro Arguments
R2: Con Arguments, Pro Rebutalls
R3: Con Rebuttals, Pro Defence
R4: Con Defence and Further Rebuttals, Pro Defense, Further Rebuttals, and Conclusion
R5: Con Defense and Conclusion, Pro Waives

Note: First round is Pro argument not acceptance, if you accept please post your argument

I Thank My Opponent In Advance For Accepting This Debate And Wish Him The Best Of Luck
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

OK, Enough with the rules.
I believe that abortion is their choice, its not the man's choice to choose for her.
Abortion is okay, if you have a baby by any of the relevant cause, you have a choice to either abort the child or keep it and give birth to it.
If you believe otherwise, you are inhumane.
EXOPrimal

Con

Thesis

Abortion should not be legal in the United States. Abortion, in most cases, is needed as a result of irresponsible decision; furthermore is also the murder of an unborn child, the fact that the child is unborn does not change this. Finally, in most cases abortion is a disgusting convenience to the women in question, and in not morally justified.

Contention 1: The Cult of Irresponsibility

A. In most cases abortion is the result of irresponsible and irrational decisions of the pregnant women. The need for an abortion is the result of the unwillingness to use birth control for no reason. The social views of society encourage this behavior. Abortion encourages this responsibility to run rampant in society, and therefore should not be allowed.

B. An AGI study in 2004 gave the amount of women who want an abortion because of rape, risk of mother, and incest at less than 1% combined(1). This thereby proves that most abortions were the result of consensual sex.

C. Because over 99% of people who have had an abortion knew there was a risk of having a child. The question is why, with birth control very easy to obtain, do women still have abortions? It is because of the unwillingness to use birth control responsibly and effectively.

D. According to a study 54% of people who have had an abortion have reported having a contraceptive, but less that U33; of the people involved in the study claimed that they used the contraceptive responsibly. And over half report using their contraceptive inconsistently. Of course 46% of women of women report not using a contraceptive(2)

E. Contraceptives are incredibly easy to obtain, you can buy a pack of condoms for $12 at your local CVS. Anyone who can obtain an abortion could have obtained a method of birth control prior to having sex at a lower price.

F. Clearly, in almost every case of an abortion, the abortion could have been prevented, and were the result of immature and unsafe behavior. Abortion is one the safest medical operations in the world(3); this makes abortion much more widespread.

G. As a transition to my next contention, it is not at all fair or morally correct to murder an innocent life because the mother decided to make some immature decisions.

Contention 2: Cold-Blooded Murder is Immoral

A. I don't think anyone in the world would ever support the murder of a baby, and it is a social standard that murder is, in fact, immoral. Therefore, in this contention I must prove that an unborn child is a human being in order to prove my contention true.

B. The haploid gametes of the sperm and the egg are united in the beginning of pregnancy. The creation of the zygote, a cell with 23 pairs of chromosomes must be a hallmark of humanity. The union of the two haploid cells into a diploid cells is the moment when “humanness is achieved”

C. That zygote has 46 pairs chromosomes (In cases of birth defects the following still holds true), has 99.9% of it’s DNA in common with the rest of us. This similarity makes the fetus, in fact, human. That zygote, over the course of pregnancy, will obtain help from the mother to become like the rest of up.

D. The definition of the term “human being” is “any individual of the genus Homo, especially a member of the species Homo sapiens; a person, especially as distinguished from other animals or as representing the human species.” there is no word in that definition that excludes the unborn from being a human.

E. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) defined the moment that a human life is formed when the human embryo is implanted into the uterine wall(4). Again, the unborn human has been defined as a human.

F. In society unborn children also are commonly defined as human beings. Only when the debate of abortion arises does the definition become jumbled with irrelevant and blatantly wrong claims that are not backed by science. An unborn fetus is on many occasions defined as a kid my the mother who are bearing the burden.

G. Near birth a human fetus will kick the inside of the female uterus, the being inside of the pregnant women is alive. It is human, nothing more, nothing less.

H. If I was to crash my car into the car of a pregnant women, I would be charged with double homicide in many places in the US. Not single homicide. How can something that is unhuman have rights? Even in law a fetus is considered a human life.

I. In many science classes, or in scientific conversation the fetus, and on many occasion the fertilized egg are described as a human life(5). Science and common knowledge both back up the idea that a fertilized egg is a human.

J. As a result of this we can conclude that abortion is nothing but glorified murder of an innocent of human life. I will remind you that the baby is truly the most innocent human being possible.

1.https://www.guttmacher.org...

2.http://www.womenscenter.com...

3.https://5aa1b2xfmfh2e2mk03kk8rsx-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com...

4.http://www.lifenews.com...

5.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

6.http://www.ncsl.org...

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

What you're talking about has nothing to do with abortion
"The Cult of Irresponsibility" and "Cold-Blooded Murder Is Immoral"
Those have nothing to do with abortion, which makes your stated links and evidence in worthless.
And your explanation just deserves no purpose if your links and evidence are worthless.
EXOPrimal

Con

Rebuttal
By accepting this debate Pro has agreed that this is his stance, okay fine. Let us see Pro's amazing defence for this claim that somehow murder is okay.

What exactly is a "relevant cause"? Pro failed to outline what is, and what is not relevant. He goes on to say that the women has the choice to abort the child. Yes, currently women have that option, but we are debating over if a women should have that right. The legality of abortion right now is completely irrelevant.

So this can be considered another topic sentence, as pro is outlining that women can have an abortion when they get pregnant. Great, I am ready for the crushing evidence that will demolish every pro-life argument.

Okay, so somehow by believing that murder is wrong, I am inhumane. I can't wait for pro to defend his claim! Wait, that's it?

In conclusion pro has said nothing except "women be able to chose abortion, and you are inhumane for believing otherwise" In his argument there is no defence, no logical argument. All that is present is bold claims with no backup.

Defence
This indicated that pro has not actually read my argument. All he has done is read the titles to my contentions and drew conclusions from that. My points were that abortion is a result of irresponsibility from women, and how the operation is murder. But Pro does not know that, because he didn't read the argument.

Ironically, pro is criticizing my use of links, when he himself used no sources. This was because there was nothing to cite because he did not defend his argument.

I now speak directly to you pro, If you want to stand a chance, at least read my arguments.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

Like if you get raped or someone just has sex with you (which is relatively the same thing, but kind of different) Normal sex is when the woman usually agree to it, rape is sex in which the woman is convinced to have it happen (No Violence At All)
The rebuttal is just coincidental, with you just begging the question, making tight and defensive arguments and you still make an essay of an "argument" which is still wasting your round (pretty much)
So rebuttal has been debunked.

Next round, if you please.
EXOPrimal

Con

Rebuttals

Pro wastes the first three lines of his argument explaining what rape is. He never connects it to abortion, therefore it is irrelevant in the context of this debate. Pro then criticized me on my use of characters, which is irreverent and invalid. I have the right to use my 10,000 characters. In no way does the length of my argument invalidate it.

I urge pro to actually defend his claims.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

First off, you are very picky about your characters and arguments, you don't urge me to defend my claims, I urge you to stop making boring, and irrelevant arguments. I wasn't just talking about rape as a good thing, I was talking about how rape is one of the causes of pregnancy and how it could lead to abortion, since after all, you asked my about the causes of abortion. I don't understand why you are getting irritated and picky about your arguments. I just answered to one of your questions in one of your long, boring essay arguments. Now, I urge you to calm down, first of all, and to start talking about something that has to do with abortion, not "The Cult of Irresponsibility" and "Cold-Blooded Murder is Immoral" those are irrelevant.
Its not based on some cult, or some act of violence, its just an act of unexpected or asked for love, its just human nature and you don't get it.
I don't urge for anything that needs to be done in your arguments, I am just saying that you are making essays not real understandable arguments.
EXOPrimal

Con

"First off, you are very picky about your characters and arguments"
I don't think defending the length of my post to your constant barrage of comments about it makes me picky

"I wasn't just talking about rape as a good thing, I was talking about how rape is one of the causes of pregnancy and how it could lead to abortion"
I do not understand how you could possibly claim this, as the word "abortion does not occur once in your 3rd round argument" I never asked you about your causes of abortion, I have acknowledged the possibility of rape. Again, rape makes up less than 1% of all abortion.

"I just answered to one of your questions in one of your long, boring essay arguments."
Yes, rape is a small part of the reasons why abortion occurs, but I do not understand how a cause of pregnancy is '". I specifically asked what a "Relevant cause" is. Is every cause of pregnancy relevant? If so, why is relevant included? What is the cause relevant to? You fail to answer the question I asked.

"and to start talking about something that has to do with abortion"
Again, those phrases are just titles to catch the eye, the actual argument has to do with abortion, which you, of course, did not read.

BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2

Pro

First of all, why should I have to read everything you typed as an essay?
Second, why do you always quote me whenever you are picky with my arguments instead of yours.
Its not about showing evidence, and no rape does not make up 1%.
Here's a quote as evidence:
"The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year. Among 34 cases of rape-related pregnancy, the majority occurred among adolescents and resulted from assault by a known, often related perpetrator. Only 11.7% of these victims received immediate medical attention after the assault, and 47.1% received no medical attention related to the rape. A total 32.4% of these victims did not discover they were pregnant until they had already entered the second trimester; 32.2% opted to keep the infant whereas 50% underwent abortion and 5.9% placed the infant for adoption; an additional 11.8% had spontaneous abortion." [1]

11.8% not "1%" like you said.
So, vote pro!
[1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Posted by EXOPrimal 5 months ago
EXOPrimal
>PRO FAILED TO WAIVE LAST ROUND WITHOUT PERMISSION, THIS MERITS A FULL 7 POINT LOSS<

1% of all abortions occur from rape, updated in 2004. link 1 in my 2nd round argument

I find it ironic that you talk about how i'm not talking about abortion, yet you cite data not pertaining to abortion but instead rape in general. In the actual debate, mind you.

If you are not willing to read your opponent's argument, I will put his bluntly, get off this site. This site is for serious debate, I would recommend you move to debate island, or youtube comments if you are too immature to read my argument. To say I found this debate highly disappointing is an understatement. How are you supposed to rebut what I say without reading my arguments. The entirety of your rebuttal was to my title, you done nothing but make a fool of yourself. To say I have lost all respect for you would also be an understatement.

Good day sir, I will be making my debates impossible to accept until I pick someone from the comments, congratulations. I hope I will never have to converse with you again, as my IQ fell 20 points by reading your comments.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 5 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@EXOPrimal It doesn't matter, this debate is just about abortion, stop talking about sex.
And I think you are just overreacting in your arguments, like urging me to defend my claims, which is ridiculous.
With that "1%" that was from October 13th 1989, which extremely outdated.
Mine is more updated than yours. Mine is from 1996.
Posted by EXOPrimal 5 months ago
EXOPrimal
Yeah and they choose to have a baby by having sex, and choose not to have a baby by not having sex
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@EXOPrimal its the woman's choice to have the baby or not.
Besides a baby is not a choice, it is a child.
Posted by EXOPrimal 5 months ago
EXOPrimal
I would recommend if you do not have the patience to read a long debate, only join 2000 character debates
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@yanagurl136 No, what were you thinking.
I was never "inconsiderate" or "disruptive"
Nobody is, except if you try to be.

He just wastes his debate life just writing essays.
Posted by yanagurl136 5 months ago
yanagurl136
@BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 Are you always this inconsiderate and disruptive?
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 6 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@EXOPrimal What's the sense in making longer arguments when mine are stronger when they're short
Posted by EXOPrimal 6 months ago
EXOPrimal
If you bothered with the rules you would notice that breaking the round set up merits a 7 point loss, and there is 10,000 character limit for a reason. I will post longer argument, you signed up for a 10k limit, I plan on utilizing that.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@EXOPrimal I should argue however I like and want to.
Don't judge me.

You have to make smaller arguments than you are making.

You're making essays as your debates, please don't do that because that would mean that you're wasting your life.
Vote Placed by JimShady 5 months ago
JimShady
EXOPrimalBryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Don't have time to read the full debate, but I'll give EXOPrimal a point for conduct because the Contender didn't waive the last round.