Carsontalbert
squonk

Abortion

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
04days01hour32minutes59seconds
Updated: 5 days ago Status: Voting Period

Carsontalbert

Con

I am very pro-life and would like to debate someone. Who knows, My opinion may be changed. I will let you open the debate
squonk

Pro

Women should be allowed to decide whether or not they want to give birth to a baby. A fetus is not a human being.
Carsontalbert

Con

On what grounds is a fetus not a human being? your just stay g your opinion. Tell me why that's true.
squonk

Pro

The fetus is not a human being because it is incapable of human thought. Many fetuses are aborted naturally, anyways.
Carsontalbert

Con

This is the most useless debate on the site now. If you say because they are incapable of thought then we should kill everyone in a coma, Right? Oh heart beat? death to everyone with a pace maker aswell! The brain starts forming at conception. You need to do more research so your debates aren't so short...
squonk

Pro

Wow, well it didn't look like you were putting much effort into your arguments so I didn't either.

I don't think there's anything wrong with killing someone who is brain-dead. Fetuses are essentially brain-dead.

Heart beat doesn't make you human. The ability to think does. I'll leave you with this quote:

"Not until twenty-eight weeks, at 77 percent of full-term development, does the fetus acquire sufficient neocortical complexity to exhibit some of the cognitive capacities typically found in newborns. Fetus EEG recordings with the characteristics of an adult EEG appear at approximately thirty weeks, or 83 percent of full-term development. In other words, the capacity for human thought does not exist until just weeks before birth. Of all the characteristics used to define what it means to be human, the capacity to think is provisionally agreed upon by most scientists to be the most important. By this criterion, since virtually no abortions are performed after the second trimester, and before then there is no scientific evidence that the fetus is a thinking human individual, it is reasonable for us to provisionally agree that abortion is not murder and to offer our provisional assent that abortions within the first two trimesters are not immoral because the evidence confirms that during this time the fetus is not a fully functioning human being. Therefore, although one may oppose abortion on a personal level, there is no scientific justification to shift the abortion issue from a personal and moral one to a social and political one."

- Michael Shermer, "The Science of Good and Evil"
Posted by bplover28 2 days ago
bplover28
This was the most useless debate lol
Posted by Masterful 3 days ago
Masterful
I don't think con made an argument.
Posted by Carsontalbert 5 days ago
Carsontalbert
Me too
Posted by Carsontalbert 5 days ago
Carsontalbert
Me too
Posted by Pill_Junkie_Monkey 5 days ago
Pill_Junkie_Monkey
This debate gave me AIDS
Posted by Minddagger 6 days ago
Minddagger
im neutral on this situation, but i wish you luck either way!