person_16
DeATHNOTE

About Death Note (Not you, the show)

person_16

Pro

I take it you like Death Note, ne? Judging from the fact that Light Yagami is your profile picture, i just sorta figured...

Before the arguement officially begins, I have to ask if you watch Death Note in English on Adult Swim.
DeATHNOTE

Con

Thank you for the debate, im not to sure what it is about but i going off a huntch that i wont end up agreeing to something that i cant possibly have a change at winning.

To answer your question, yes i do watch death note on adult swim, i also own the first two dvd's of death note and have 11 of the 12 books. (im not to sure about the rumors of the 13th book)

Umm well since im not to sure what we are debating about ill just leave my argument at that and say "I look forward to your reply"
person_16

Pro

Sorry to bother you, but I'm just really bored and had to argue about a couple of things. Although now that I'm actually doing this, I feel pretty stupid...^_^;

For starters, Light's English dub kinda sucks. He can't pull off a decent insane laugh and he'll need to for the last episode.

Misa isn't stupid. She is smart, but she's constantly outshined by Light or L. She's annoying, but not necessarily stupid.

Finally, Near would be nowhere on the Kira case without the information on Death Notes left behind by L. In comparison, Near is a poorly constructed character with no personality.

Also, I think that the only reason L was unable to catch Kira/Light is because he didn't know anything about the power of the Death Note or Shinigami eyes or anything. He was given a blank slate and had to work with it.

Sorry again, but I'd like to hear another's opinions about these things. And if you'd like to throw anything out into the fray, feel free to do so, so that I may not spiral further down into self loathing because of my stupidity and bordedom.

Thank you!
DeATHNOTE

Con

ok well right now im not too sure about lights voice actor, so i will get back to you on that one. but most people dont give american voice actors the credit they should get so i believe that there is a chance you arn't looking into the quality of his acting.

Next; i agree with you that misa isnt stupid, but the reason for her to be outshined by light is because she is a huge risk for him. he knew this about her character ever since she blurted out "we will show our shinigami when we meet" he knew that she dosent completely think through every action she takes so he tries to keep her out of most the things he does so he dosent get caught.
as for L, he tries to put her in positions like she is stupid so she might end up getting psycoligicaly out witted and crack, possibly reveiling information by accident.

Lastly about Near; i believe that you make a good point on being "poorly construted" but the whole point of his character is because of L getting close to Kira. the only reason for L confronting Kira is because he knew that light had a huge possibilty (to him only about 7% chance) of being Kira, and confronted him. we both know that this led up to the events that happend over the 2-4 years that went on. but Near was made so that there was another chance at capturing kira. sure he didnt have much to go with, without the death note information, but this just lead to another battle between two genis'.

ok last thing.....of course L was given a blank slate, it wasnt like Kira was going to come out and tell him information. it is like a real life senerio, he has to find out how he thinks. The power of the death note was a vital part that L was missing but once he got a hold of a death note he still didnt catch Kira, he only knew of Kira's real identy at the moment he died, so in a nutshell, knowing about the power of the death note was vital, but he still didnt catch kira.

as for right now, i cant think of really anything to "debate" about so umm.... i look forward to your reply

and ps. dont take anything personally because it is just my thoughts on your subjects
person_16

Pro

No offense taken. This is mostly out of curiousity and for fun. But it really isn't so pointless as this one "debate" I've looked at...it was more of this girl flirting with a guy...like it was an online dating chat room!

But if you think about L dying and not catching Kira, he didn't really have that much time. There wasn't a whole lot of time between L getting his hands on the Death Note and his death for him to deduct that Light was Kira (if you don't count the anime fillers). Plus there was the whole "Ryuk writing false rules in the Death Note" that would've thrown him off track considerably. He didn't know about relinquishing ownership of the Death Note and losing all memories concerning it and then once becoming in possession of it again regaining the lost memories, which was Light's plan.

I still believe L would've found out the truth of Light if he had more information to begin with (which we know was not going to happen), and more time.

It seems like this "debate" has turned its attention more towards Light and L, huh?
DeATHNOTE

Con

Lol online chatroom, thats pretty sweet, expecially the flirt part lol.

when you say he L didnt have that much time to deduce that Light was kira it is sorta wrong. because L knew that light was kira he just didnt have any proof. Ryuk writing the false rules in the death note did screw up L and made it almost impossible for him to prove that Light=Kira. so i totally agree with you in that part.

Again its ture that L would have caught light if he had more. mabye if Misa or possibly Light would have left more of a trail behind it wouldl have made it more possible. its hard for that to believe that light would have left a trail but misa could have, again i believe she is not stupid but she dosent think before she acts.

is there any other animes or "plot holes" in death note, that you'd like to debate about lol? im game for most things.

hey just for fun try to decode this like what kira did to L.
ps. idk if any of this is true or not

hey do you know that tsugumi oba
what's his first prequal of deathnote published in a shoenjump magazine.
your's and mine's (idk about urs) favorite manga was
email'ed to him that later on it would become a full fleged manga, his
adress was 34666 imaginihs street in japan

lol just for fun
and find out what imaginihs is. (hint sdrawkcab)
person_16

Pro

I don't really have a clue...maybe if I had more time I could figure it out (I'm in class at school, you see). But I can't just look at it for about three seconds and figure it out. I'm not Light Yagami! lol.

Just some random information that I thought was funny and might explain Light's disinterest in girls. His last name backwards is spelt;

Imagay. Yagami. Im a gay. lol

The problem with finding loopholes in Death Note is because it is so elaborate and thought out so thoroughly. Plus it follows fairly closely to the manga, aside from the fillers and the ending.

But thanks again for this discussion and I promise I won't bother you anymore.
DeATHNOTE

Con

Ok first of all, this "argument" wasnt bothering at all. next shinigami is imaginihs spelled backwards. and that is so funny i never looked at yagami spelt backwards. that was HALARIOUS. no seriously it was. i wonder if that was intentional or not for the writers.

So it was nice debating you and ummm, Case Closed
Posted by Darkmaff666 9 years ago
Darkmaff666
to be fair this was more of a chat than a debate..so yeah it was funny to find out yagami spelled backwards said im a gay it was funny
Posted by Creed-Diskenth 9 years ago
Creed-Diskenth
meh..... i suppose it might be better, is they aren't idiots and make it last 2 episodes.

Anybody who hasn't read the ending stop reading here.

K imagine this, Light is sitting there after mikami writes the names down, ok? If he had not said "I win, near" then the when near took the notebook he still wouldn't see light's name. Then light could have revealed what the shinigami eyes did, and that the owner of the notebook couldn't have his lifespan read. because light didnt have to use the notebook or be kira to own the notebook, near would have had no proof, and kira would still have near's name because mikami already wrote it down.

The japaneswe police wouldn't have been totally convinced, and mikami, having never seen light before, could provide no useful information as to who the real kira was. near would still have this theory that someone had to have told mikami where to be, but that doesn't prove who had the death note and was the real kira. All light had to do was keep his mouth shut. but no, he goes and gets corrupted and arrogant.

Then there's the whole matter of his "i am justice" speech. I mean come on, even I could have done a better job of convincing them than that. Light was supposed to be a genius at manipulating people, he wouldn't have lost his skills right when he needed them most. What if he waited and managed to keep his watch? he could have wrote the names later and escaped. idiot goes and gets everything taken from him because he panicks and uses everything he had way to soon.

oh well...
Posted by person_16 9 years ago
person_16
Well, personally, I like the ending in the anime better than in the manga.
Posted by Creed-Diskenth 9 years ago
Creed-Diskenth
O no. those anim suck compared to the manga.

First off, there is a 13th novel but it's really hard to get in america. might not even be out yet over here. ill check.

In the anime it takes forever for the characters to talk, and since it is mostly talking, nothing gets done in the half hour. eeerrraaaghhhhhhhhhhh!! plus stupid commercials. I can read the whole graphic novel before the show finishes a single chapter!

Next, the have to edit the character's lines to make the shorter or twist the meanings of light and L's explanations. Let's be honest, half of these books are Light and L explaning their moves or the moves of their opponent. the books are so amazing because they are so thought through (on a side note, I hated the 12th novel. Light is not supposed to be that pathetic. I have so many ideas of how he could have escaped that situation if he hadn't been so stupid.) When the anime shortens these speeches it almost takes away some of the "magic" of death note.

k on deathnote's third debate, i have this figured out.

you're asking him "hey what's your email address". Points for me.
Posted by person_16 9 years ago
person_16
Would "imaginihs" be "I'm a genius"?
Vote Placed by BillBonJovi 6 years ago
BillBonJovi
person_16DeATHNOTETied
Vote Placed by XxdarknessxX 9 years ago
XxdarknessxX
person_16DeATHNOTETied
Vote Placed by Mickeymouse 9 years ago
Mickeymouse
person_16DeATHNOTETied
Vote Placed by DeATHNOTE 9 years ago
DeATHNOTE
person_16DeATHNOTETied