grandvillegamers
ScrinTech

Abraham Lincoln was the greatest US presidant ever

Started: 4/2/2014 Category: Economics

grandvillegamers

Pro

For this debate Con will have to choose a presidant and say why that US presidant is better than Lincoln. Beware, I love Civil War history and have deabted this topic before, please have lots of knowledge about this topic. The rounds are as follows: Round 1-Acceptance and Choice Round 2-Opening Constuctive Round 3-"attacks" Round 4-Rebuttles and constuctive Round 5-Closing arguments (no new info, info that is added will count as if it never happend.)

Good luck to my oppenent!!!!
ScrinTech

Con

Pro I Accept your challenge and look forward to a good debate.

Okay then, let's get this started.

I will debating why Theodore Roosevelt was the best president
we've ever had for the United States.
grandvillegamers

Pro

<Humans have the ability to choose. Some people choose to do good and others choose to do evil. Hitler chose to persecute Jews, Polititions make bad choices, and 19 hijackers decided to crash planes into the world trade center and other important buildings. But the biggest decision by an American was made by the 16th president Abraham Lincoln. He chose to give up popularity and free millions of enslaved people. He gave up what most Americans strive for, being popular and having people like you. He scarified it so 4 MILLION slaves could be free. According to Participants Media a polling company, Americans believe Abraham Lincoln was the most influential president. 66% of Americans would vote for him over Obama and Rodney. Most Americans know of his famous speeches including his most famous Gettysburg address; Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation. Conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that ALL men are created equal.>

<He did not just free the slaves but keep the united States together.

As the civil war raged on the south was ready to leave the union, but he thought long and hard how to

keep the union and south together. If he had just declared all slaves free the south would have left but because he enacted the emancipation proclamation, we started together. The US would be much different than it is today. He kept the most influential country together.>

<As a child he refused to hunt, as he did not like taking life, even in animals>

<His well-known speech, the Gettysburg address has been heard and read by many Americans, it was a short but moving and thoughtful speech.>

<He was the first presidant to have a beard XD>

<66% of Americans would vote for him now days>

<He was known as Honest Abe>

<Quotes:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" This shows his intellegence, kindness and his wisdom>

<Read these famous words written by Abe:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. >

<He has a monument in Washington DC, proving he was the best and very influential>

<Abraham Lincoln set an example of strong character, leadership, and honesty which succeeding presidents tried to emulate. Barack Obama stated during his campaign that he would look to Lincoln as a model.>

http://itthing.com...

http://americanhistory.about.com...

http://www.biography.com...

http://www.participantmedia.com...

My history teachers ;)

ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
grandvillegamers

Pro

grandvillegamers forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
grandvillegamers

Pro

grandvillegamers forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
grandvillegamers

Pro

grandvillegamers forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
Posted by ScrinTech 2 years ago
ScrinTech
@Grandvillegamers Sorry dude, I've been swamped with homework leaving me no time to post my debates henceforth if I were to vote someone I'd vote you for conduct.
Posted by grandvillegamers 2 years ago
grandvillegamers
Good Luck!
Posted by grandvillegamers 2 years ago
grandvillegamers
If you are knowledgeable of US presidents and desire to do so, I would!
Posted by ScrinTech 2 years ago
ScrinTech
Should I?