aravind-Suresh
ryz444

Absolute freedom of the press must be ensured.

ryz444 has forfeited round #2.

aravind-Suresh

Con

I strongly oppose this fact by simply concluding: 'Absolute freedom of the press and media may result in activities that affect culture, friendly relations, and promote illegal acts.'
What's absolute freedom of the press? In simple terms, ABSOLUTE FREEDOM OF THE PRESS IS WHEN THE PRESS IS WITHIN ITS RIGHTS TO PUBLISH ANY CONTENT WHATSOEVER WITHOUT ANY INTERFERENCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT OR RULERS. THIS INCLUDES SECRET INFORMATION, CONFIDENTIAL GOVERNMENT PAPERWORK AND PRIVATE INFORMATION.
G'luck to the Pro.
ryz444

Pro

'Absolute Freedom of the press' is compulsory within a country that wishes to have full trust by all of the citizens within. For example in China there is very little (no) anti-government stories/articles completed against the Chinese government. If the Chinese citizens were to discover that the government was corrupt then there would be a nationwide riot and there would be no resistance because most of the military have no idea that the government block all media sites. Imagine the destruction to social and economical structure within china (most probably the world) it would be catastrophic. No military plans should be a secret, nor any government plans either because that is how you start wars and develop corrupt government officials.

Good luck in the response.
aravind-Suresh

Con

I thank my opposition.

And against my opposition's stance, I'd like to say that some things are best kept secret.
For example, if the militia were working on a secret arsenal or arms manufacturing project, then it's best kept secret. Because, you see, if it was public, then more and more people come forward to find about it, then people try to break in
and make catastrophe. This is why most of the Government projects **SHOULD** be kept secret, to protect both the public and the government.
And like my opposition said, it would make a catastrophe the other way as well. But such a catastrophe would possibly be less important on scale of national damage. The other catastrophe would be even more dangerous and nationally, a threat. This is why somethings are best kept secret.

I'd like to mention something my Opposition did not, that's privacy infringement. You see, a person's privacy must be respected as a fundamental right of his/hers. When mass media broadcasts and globalizes this news, it is officially a violation of a person's fundamentals rights. A person's choice is his/hers, and is not privy to be known along the masses.

Another important aspect, that my opposition also did not bring up, is criticism. Criticizing an action from a certain community (like SC/ST/OBCs) are a harm to the political stability of a government.

**THUS, I ARGUE THAT ABSOLUTE FREEDOM OF THE PRESS MUST NOT BE ENTERTAINED.**
Posted by bballcrook21 7 months ago
bballcrook21
Okay, then I won't accept. Publishing confidential information is a breach of privacy and should warrant a lawsuit.
Posted by bballcrook21 7 months ago
bballcrook21
Does absolute freedom mean that the press can publish private information or infringe on privacy?
Posted by bballcrook21 7 months ago
bballcrook21
I need you to put up some definitions, and then I will accept. What exactly do you mean by absolute freedom of the press? Expound on those and I will accept this debate. Also, make it 3-4 rounds, not 5.