simpleguy
JonathanDJ

Absolute honesty

simpleguy

Pro

The world would eventually be a better place if everyone tried to be absolutely honest.

Defintions:

Absolutely honest: Saying things as close to the truth as possible (to avoid absolute truth arguments).

First round acceptance only OR Post argument first round and only say "Thank you" for the last round to ensure equal number of arguments.

This seems like a fun topic! :)
JonathanDJ

Con

Thanks for bring this up Pro. I've been interested in expressing my views on this topic for awhile. I accept the Con position and will be arguing that honesty is often NOT the best policy.
simpleguy

Pro

simpleguy forfeited this round.
JonathanDJ

Con

I disagree with Pro about the definition of the word honest. I hope that won't invalidate our debate. In my view being honest has to do with telling the truth about my opinion. The truth, on the other hand, is about what is. It doesn't matter what my opinion is.
I think Honesty is often a bad idea for the following reasons. One: people don't want to hear it. Most people don't care what I think they care about their own thoughts and feelings and are preoccupied with them. Two: being honest gets me into trouble too often. For example: "Honey does this dress make me fat? Yes you look like a cow in that." I don't remember anything after that. Three: other people get needlessly hurt. Why share my opinion with someone if it's not necessary. Telling the truth on the other hand is necessary. The truth hurts but lies kill. Finding out the truth and applying it to my decisions is vital to living a wise and successful life.
simpleguy

Pro

simpleguy forfeited this round.
JonathanDJ

Con

JonathanDJ forfeited this round.
simpleguy

Pro

simpleguy forfeited this round.
JonathanDJ

Con

JonathanDJ forfeited this round.
Posted by simpleguy 2 years ago
simpleguy
Minimum five debates* Just realised I said games
Posted by simpleguy 2 years ago
simpleguy
Minimum five games
Posted by MyDinosaurHands 2 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
What restrictions for accepting did you attach?