zezima
Sheldor

Absolute truth exist

zezima

zezima

Pro

absolute truth exist. something can be absolutely true. first round is for acceptance.
only rule is no trolls.
ABSOLUTE TRUTH EXIST! DOESNT NOT GET SIMPLER THEN THAT!
DONT POST ANY CRAP ABOUT A METRIC SCALE...
IM SAYING SOMETHING CAN BE ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
DONT ACCEPT AND THEN COMPLAIN HOW IM NOT MAKING SENSE.
Sheldor

Con

Absolute truth: Whatever is true at one time and at one place is true at all time's and at all places and for all people.

Exists: Has objective reality or being.
zezima

Pro

absolute truth exist. it is absolutely true that we are doing this debate right now.
please explain how it does not exist and give some example.
Sheldor

Con

As we are debating at this time, it may not be true, say, 2 years for now. Also, to other people it may be perceived as us merely discussing.

There are objective truths, but no absolute truths, moral or empirical.
zezima

Pro

Is that absolutely true?
Sheldor

Con

To me, it is. To you, maybe not. And it is not always true to everyone, everywhere. Perhaps others out there believe it is an absolute truth; others may not.
zezima

Pro

"To me it is" - so you believe what your saying is absolutely true?
Your saying your absolutely sure that absolute truth does not exist.
"It is not always true to everyone"- are you absolutely sure?

Are you absolutely sure that everyone has different points on this topic?

Are you absolutely sure you will post next round? (Lol jk)
Sheldor

Con

As the instigator, I feel like what you are doing is trying to prove your point - you're just trying to psych me out with rhetorical (and personal) questions to attempt to confuse me into a conceding a point. As the BoP is on you, I would appreciate legitimate proofs (or thinking).

I'm saying I BELIEVE absolute truth doesn't exist. Don't paraphrase what I say.
"Are you absolutely sure?" This isn't the definition of absolute truth. Please refer to the definition I've provided, as you neglected to give one.

"Absolutely sure" is not interchangeable for absolute truth. "Absolutely sure" is hardly a phrase at any rate.
zezima

Pro

I have 2 Apple's. It is absolutely true I have 2 Apple's. You may not believe it is true, you may think I have 3, yet I have 2. It is absolutely true that I have 2 Apple's. I drop the 2 Apple's. It was absolutely true that I had 2 Apple's and will never change.
Just because someone believes something else, doesn't mean that, that truth isn't absolute.
Also in round 3 "to me it is", you never explained it. You said to you it was absolutely true that it doesn't exist.
My car can not be fully in the road and fully in the driveway at that same time (considering they are not the same thing)
It is absolutely true that matter exist. We are using matter right now. You can come up with ideas that may contradict matter, but that doesn't it mean it's not absolute.
Sheldor

Con

Absolute truth: Whatever is true at one time and at one place is true at all time's and at all places.
Specifically, it means morals, philosophies, or ideas that remain true, not necessarily facts. Facts, are of course facts, but you can always dispute the validity of the facts.
At any rate, it was not true you had the apples before you had the apples (at ALL times). Nor did you have the apples at a different place. Absolute truths are about omnipresent concepts, not facts about fruits.

At any rate, the main subject, the controversial subject of morality and E.T.C. was not touched upon. You merely give realistic situations that have no bearing on a debatable part of the subject (about concepts and ideas/morals).
Posted by stealspell 3 years ago
stealspell
Apparently you don't understand what circular reasoning is.

If I ask "how do you know Santa Claus is real" and you said "because he is" that's called begging the question. You haven't actually given any reason. You've just stated that he is.

So imagine the reverse. You asked me, "How do you know we don't exist?" and I said, "because we don't" would that answer satisfy you?

Just saying so doesn't make it true. Just saying "because we do" doesn't make it true. And most importantly, it doesn't make it absolutely true.
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
Because we do exist. Please give me an example of how we may not exist.
Posted by stealspell 3 years ago
stealspell
"Because we do exist."

Now you're just going in circles. How do you know that we exist? Saying "because we do" is begging the question. You haven't actually provided an answer.
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
Lol
Posted by AlbinoBunny 3 years ago
AlbinoBunny
"Is that absolutely true?"

No way he's going to fall for that bait...

"To me, it is."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He fell for it...
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
Because we do exist.
Posted by stealspell 3 years ago
stealspell
"You say if we are in someone's dream, meaning I am right, right there is something that exist."

I gave that as a possibility to YOU not existing. The question still remains. How do you know something exists?
Posted by zezima 3 years ago
zezima
You say if we are in someone's dream, meaning I am right, right there is something that exist.
Posted by stealspell 3 years ago
stealspell
"If we didn't exist we wouldn't be talking (typing) right now. We wouldn't be having this debate."

How can I be sure that you exist? And how can you be sure that I exist? Therefore we can't be sure that we exist.
Posted by stealspell 3 years ago
stealspell
"It is absolutely true that there has always been something of existence."

How do you know?

"Because we exist."

I asked how you know this. I didn't ask why. Let's simplify it. How do you know that you exist? What gives you the indication that you exist? What if you're in someone else's dream and don't exist?
Vote Placed by samurai 3 years ago
samurai
zezimaSheldorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave points and never got them completely answered. With the fact the absolute truth wasn't proven fiction, points go to pro.