Killingyousoftly
EVance

Abstinence Education

Killingyousoftly

Con

The main topic of this debate is whether or not the school system in America should teach abstinence only sex ed. My stance on the situation is that abstinence only education only increases teen pregnancy and the spread of AIDS and HIV. In order to reduce these rates we must teach about contraceptives and the proper way to keep yourself safe.
EVance

Pro

I do accept you debate and I will take the side of pro.

Abstinence is very important and it should be throughout America. School also should not encourage sex because of all the risk that come with it, especially in high school.
Killingyousoftly

Con

Abstinence can be taught in school, though that should not be the only thing taught. It is these risks that make it necessary to educate high schoolers on contraceptives.
EVance

Pro

There would be no need for contraceptives if the youth were educated on sex and why they don't need it. They should be taught to wait to be in a committed before having sex. This would benefit them in the long run and keep them from ruining their future in with pregnancy, STDs, and even a bad reputation if you are having sex at a young age.
Killingyousoftly

Con

Killingyousoftly forfeited this round.
EVance

Pro

Unfortunately, my opponent failed to create a response.

I would like to end my argument with this statement. We should be promoting sex to teens in any way, and abstinence is the best option to avoid any unwanted consequences

Thank you for the debate.