Lulu18
AronorA

Access to Condoms and other contraceptives leads to promiscuity and other irresponsible behaviors.

Lulu18

Pro

I am of the view that access to condoms and other contraceptives leads to promiscuity and other irresponsible behaviors because for example, if a school decides to give out condoms to its students then that would give the students the "okay" to go ahead and involve themselves in sexual activities. The students will take this as an opportunity to lose their virginity for those who are still pure and to continue what they have already started for those who already knows what it feels like. Providing them with condoms will make them think "hmmm...it was given to me why not use it?"
AronorA

Con

This is quite ridiculous,really.Condoms are easily available in all medical stores. Did it ever happen that you were walking past a store and thought to yourself,"Hey,a Condom.I should have intercourse tonight." It doesn't work like that. Does the availability of guns give you an "okay" to go ahead and involve yourself in killing ? Your whole argument is flawed.
Now,let's look at the opposite.If you take away the condoms and contraceptive,can you even imagine the consequences ? Rampant STD's,unwanted pregnancies and a plethora of other evils.So,No.Access to Condoms and other contraceptives does not lead to promiscuity.
Lulu18

Pro

Studies shows that condoms and other contraceptives do NOT work 100% and therefore whether or not they are available there will still be the spread of sti's/std's and there will still be a high rate of teenage/unwanted pregnancies.
Just the teen knowing that they have access to that contraceptive they will abuse and overuse it therefore not being cautious because in their mind it is "suppose" to make them safe with no risks and so no" what if's" or "worries" are in their minds.
AronorA

Con

Again,you provide no basis for your argument . I repeat my question to you, "Did it ever happen that you were walking past a store and thought to yourself,"Hey,a Condom.I should have intercourse tonight""
Also.yes,condoms and contraceptives are not full proof.But they are very effective.STD's and unwanted pregnancies are there but without these,their rates would have been a lot higher. A study to validate my point:
http://www.reuters.com...
Lulu18

Pro

I will answer your question: No i've never said this to myself but you never know someone else might have said it to themselves. People have different minds and they think differently so you may not say that to yourself but another person will. Take a good look at this site and read carefully https://guttmacher.org...
AronorA

Con

Let me just quote the first line of the article you posted.
"Laws limiting teenagers access to contraceptive services and information fail to reduce sexual activity and increase the risk of unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), according to two studies released this week "
Doesn't this counter your argument ? Even if you limit the access to contraceptives,it'll fail to reduce sexual activity and obviously increase STD's and pregnancies. Isn't that what i'm saying ?
Lulu18

Pro

Exactly!...It DOES NOT counter my argument infact, it enhances it and supports it 100%.. Limited Access or NOT. My point here to you stands firm when i say to you that Access to condoms and other contraceptives do lead to promiscuity and irresponsible sexual behaviors.
The key term here is 'FAIL'... and according to www.google.com it is defined as neglect to do something. Therefore, access or not! it still has a major impact on teenagers.
AronorA

Con

Wait..i don't think you understand this well enough.
Your argument is that access to condoms increases sexual activity .So you're saying limiting this access would decreases such activities,right ? That's how proportionality works. And the study clearly says "Laws limiting teenagers access to contraceptive services and information fail to reduce sexual activity "
Read through that again.
Lulu18

Pro

I rest my case. But i stand firmly as i end by saying..Access to condoms and other contraceptives leads to promiscuity and other sexual behaviors
AronorA

Con

You have every right to stand by your argument but you failed to provide anything substantial that would lead me to agree with you.Hence,i too stand on my point that Access to condoms and other contraceptives does not lead to promiscuity and other sexual behaviors
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Lack of education is a far greater cause for unwanted teen pregnancies then any other factor.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
did I understand you right, someone that is responsible enough to use a condom is promiscuous and irresponsible. If you look at all the unwanted teen pregnancies, now that is irresponsible. You want to win this, make sense.