According to any Christian,Is speaking in tongues due to the baptism in the Holy Spirit biblical?

The Gift of speaking in tongues through the baptism of the Holy Spirit is indeed true.

Reason: Jesus himself confirmed it

Evidence: Mark 16:17, "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; etc

Statement: As you can see Jesus is pretty clear on what he is saying here, he is not being metaphorical nor beating around the bush but he is giving a straightforward answer.

Reason 2: Jesus' prophecy is fulfilled

Evidence: Acts 2:1-13, "When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: "Aren"t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs"we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, 'What does this mean?'

13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, 'They have had too much wine.'"

Statement: You see that Jesus' prophecy was fulfilled and that that they indeed spoke in tongues.

Reason: It was prophesied before Jesus was born and therefore is biblical

Evidence: Acts 2:14-21, 14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It"s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ""In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved."[

Conclusion: As you can see I have indeed proven that this is biblical and that it is a gift of the Holy Spirit God is more than willing to give to all

Given the wording of the question, the answer is categorically no. As worded, the question requires that ANY Christian who is asked about the orthodoxy of speaking in tongues due to baptism must answer in the affirmative for the question to return a 'Yes' result. Even within the Pentecostal tradition of Christianity, where the practice of speaking in tongues is most prevalent, not all churches and practitioners believe in speaking with tongues.

If the wording of the question is incorrect, and what was meant was, 'Is speaking in tongues due to baptism biblical within the context of Christian interpretation and understanding of the scripture?' then the question still contains insufficient parameters to arrive at a meaningful answer, because the methods of biblical interpretation are hugely diverse even within the mainstream Christian denominations, leaving alone the question of which translation to use or, indeed, what constitutes an 'actual' denomination of Christianity.

Conclusion: The answer to the question as written is 'No' or 'Unanswerable'.

Yeshuaad30 forfeited this round.

rlynch forfeited this round.

Yeshuaad30 forfeited this round.

rlynch forfeited this round.