Legendary_Houp
giocaruso

According to the Christian Protestant Bible (KJV), is Homosexuality a Sin?

Legendary_Houp
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Legendary_Houp

Pro

This debate is on the Protestant Christian view of Homosexuality.

I will be arguing that the act of Homosexuality is a sin according to the New King James version of the Bible as interpreted through a Protestant Christian view.

Arguments will be as follows:
Round 1: Pro: Definitions and Boundaries of the Debate
Con: Acceptance and Initial Arguments
Round 2: Pro: Arguments and Rebuttals
Con: Arguments and Rebuttals
Round 3: Pro: Arguments and Rebuttals
Con: Arguments and Rebuttals
Round 4: Pro: Arguments and Rebuttals
Con: Arguments and Rebuttals
Round 5: Pro: Rebuttals and Summary of Arguments
Con: Summary of Arguments

No new arguments in final round. Con agrees to not rebut any arguments in final round also.

BoP is on Pro

I would ask that whoever accepts this debate please also be of the Christian religion.
All arguments from the Bible should be from the New King James Version, any other sources that are considered reliable Protestant Christian resources are allowed. Any issues with the translation of the King James Version may be challenged, and I encourage my opponent to also look towards the original Greek and Hebrew texts to supply evidence.

Con agrees to the following definition:
Homosexuality: "Sexual Behavior between members of the same sex or gender."

I am not arguing that the sexual orientation of homosexuality is a sin, rather the actual act of being in a Homosexual relationship, emotional and/or sexual, is a sin.

I look forward to a good debate. If there are any questions about the boundaries of the debate, privately contact me before acceptance. Thank you.
giocaruso

Con

first of all, you can't you the bible a a document of evidence. If you look at what makes something evidence, it doesn't qualify.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

My opponent has misunderstood my argument. My argument is that ASSUMING that the Bible is true, is homosexuality a sin or not. This is not about the validity of the Bible itself, but under the presupposition that it is true, what it says about homosexuality.
giocaruso

Con

giocaruso forfeited this round.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

I was really looking forward to a good debate, sadly that could not happen, as my opponent has forfeited. Vote Pro.
giocaruso

Con

giocaruso forfeited this round.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

Yo hey plz vote pro boyz I win ze argument, mi opponent no respond
giocaruso

Con

giocaruso forfeited this round.
giocaruso

Con

giocaruso forfeited this round.
Posted by EmilyMemmi 2 years ago
EmilyMemmi
@gordonjames
That was an unnecessary comment to @Asburno, and quite rude. If you haven't noticed, he didn't win any, BECAUSE HE HASN'T DONE ANY!
Posted by gordonjames 2 years ago
gordonjames
@Asburnu

Since you have not won a debate on this site, I will assume your tactless and low class comment on this is one of inexperience or ignorance rather than simply hostile trolling.

> "Using your biased source"

That is EXACTLY WHAT THE DEBATE IS ABOUT.

If we were debating Shakespeare we would use his works as a source.

This debate is about the Bible's ABSOLUTELY BIASED POSITION.

By The Way - your MINORITY position (from the standpoint of the world population) is equally biased. That is why debates are so much fun. We try to defend our biases with the facts / sources that helped us form those opinions.

On a really good day you might change my opinion with the facts / sources that helped you form your opinion.

Your comment about proven sources . . . . made me smile.

you have won 0 debates and are not a trusted source for anything.
Posted by Legendary_Houp 2 years ago
Legendary_Houp
As for the argument on whether the King James Version of the Bible is reliable, if my opponent has any objection to the translation, he may gladly show why the translation of certain words or phrases is diverted from the original message, and that may be used as evidence.
Posted by Legendary_Houp 2 years ago
Legendary_Houp
I completely agree with gordonjames.

As for Ashburnu, the reason for this argument is because many Christians themselves are at odds as to whether Homosexuality is a sin. It is a matter of whether the Bible condemns it or not, because some people who believe the Bible to be true think that Homosexuality is a sin, and some people who believe the Bible to be true think it is not a sin. I am not arguing for the validity of the Bible, rather I am arguing that if the Bible is true, is Homosexuality a sin or not.
Posted by Asburnu 2 years ago
Asburnu
An argument as to whether or not your own opinion condemns homosexuality is a rigged win. Using your biased source is a blind man telling another blind man the way to go. Had Herman Melville claimed as an after note in Moby Dick, that "everything in this book is true", etc., another 1800 years would not make it so. Proven premise supports conclusion. You must first prove The Bible is truly divine doctrine, rather than a human attempt to control other humans out of fear and hatred of differences. The KJV in particular is extremely easy to flag as edited propaganda. Ever heard of the Nicean Councils? Constantine? The Romans were meticulous journalists and documented everything. We still have the personal memoirs of the those that personally created the New Testament. They detail what they omitted, what they changed, what they fabricated and why. Do your homework and take off your scholastic blindfold. When logic, reasoning and cold hard facts are no longer available to prove what one believes, only faith is left.
Posted by gordonjames 2 years ago
gordonjames
Hi!

I would debate that homosexual sex act is clearly condemned,
but the issue of orientation clearly is not.

SO

Homosexuality (the orientation) is not judged until one commits a forbidden (homosexual sex) act.
Posted by brant.merrell 2 years ago
brant.merrell
Maybe we need a debate about whether a New King James Version counts as a Bible . . .
Vote Placed by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
Legendary_Houpgiocaruso
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited the entire debate, resulting in Pro's victory.