JansenTheRepublican
feudal_noodle

Acknowledge Islam as a Religion or Terrorist Group (Pro=Religion, Con=Terrorist Group)

JansenTheRepublican

Con

Islam is the epitome of evil and hate in any religion or country in the world. This is only proved by the recent Chattanooga attacks on U.S troops and can be traced back to 9/11 or it could be taken across the globe to ISIS decapitating Christians for Allah. I feel that the western world is a target for all Islamic people, but if we retaliate its a crime against freedom of religion and its racist. I classify Islam not as a religion, but as a terrorist group disguised as religion because they have a holy text (promoting the slaughter of infidels). If you are against the Islam religion and think of them like I do you are a patriot and I like you, if not, fell free to share your wrong opinion.
feudal_noodle

Pro

Hello JansenTheRepublican, I gladly accept your challenge and look forward to disproving your argument.
Since you did not state any rules or procedure, I'm going to assume that sources will be a must to make an argument valid. I will also assume that new facts and rebuttals will be allowed in all rounds of the debate. So we'll just start from here:

So far, the actual argument is whether Islam is a religious or terrorist group. After a quick search for the definition of what Islam is, I came across this on Britannica:

Definition of Islam: a major world religion promulgated by the Prophet Muhammad in Arabia in the 7th century ce.
The Arabic term islām, literally "surrender," illuminates the fundamental religious idea of Islam"that the believer accepts surrender to the will of Allah (God) (1)

By definition, Islam is a religion. Additionally, it is not a terrorist group since terrorism is not part of the definition nor is it a part of the fundamentals. If this website is not a credible source in your opinion, here are more descriptions of "Islam":

"Islam is a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion articulated by the Qur'an" (2)
"Islam is one of the largest religions in the world" (3)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your opinion on this topic is that Islam is a terrorist group. This is incorrect. This is your ASSUMPTION because many terrorist groups originate in the Middle East and many of the members are RADICAL Muslims. Radical is the key word. Radical is not a fair or even a correct representation of an entire religious group. It would be the equivalent of saying ALL African Americans are thugs or ALL priests are pedophiles... It is simply incorrect. The majority of Muslims are non-radical, faithful individuals who are devoted to their religion.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rebuttals:

Jansentherepublican: "I feel that the western world is a target for all Islamic people"
-Referring to my second paragraph, not all Muslims are radicals and part of terrorist groups, therefore it is impossible for all Muslims to target the western world. Additionally, the western world is not the only target for terrorist groups since ISIS, specifically, is taking over Syria (Hint: not the western world), and Paris was recently a target (Hint: not the western world).

Jansentherepublican: "Islam is the epitome of evil and hate in any religion or country in the world".
-Countries with zero problems pertaining to Islam: Russia, North and South Korea, Every Southeastern Asia country, Every Central American country, Every South American Country, and the UK. You should think in a more "global" perspective rather than in a "America is the only country" perspective. In the religious perspective, Islam is not a source of evil in Christianity, Juche, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, or even any pagan religion.

Jansentherepublican: "I classify Islam not as a religion, but as a terrorist group disguised as religion because they have a holy text (promoting the slaughter of infidels)"
-A holy text makes a group a religion; it doesn't "disguise" anything
-The Quran does not promote the slaughter of infidels, but demotes it (4)

Jansentherepublican: "If you are against the Islam religion and think of them like I do you are a patriot"
- Definition of a patriot: : a person who loves and strongly supports or fights for his or her country (5)
Disliking a particular religious group has no relation to one's feelings towards his or her country

Jansentherepublican: "if not, fell free to share your wrong opinion."
-Spelling error: it should be "feel" and not "fell"
-Definition of opinion: a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty (6)
Opinions cannot be completely certain, otherwise it would be a fact. Therefore, opinions can't be wrong or right

Next round, provide sources for your arguments. Also, pick some sources that are NOT biased toward your side

1. http://www.britannica.com...
2. https://en.wikipedia.org...
3. http://www.religionfacts.com...
4. http://www.juancole.com...
5. http://www.merriam-webster.com...
6. http://dictionary.reference.com...
JansenTheRepublican

Con

JansenTheRepublican forfeited this round.
feudal_noodle

Pro

feudal_noodle forfeited this round.
JansenTheRepublican

Con

feudal_noodle

Pro

I rest my case
JansenTheRepublican

Con

feudal_noodle

Pro

My opponent obviously cannot structure an argument.
JansenTheRepublican

Con

feudal_noodle

Pro

My opponent, over a five round period, was unable to bring any arguments to the table to prove his stance. Vote for me since I actually was able to.