SnaxAttack
Mr.KillYouInDebate

Actions Speak Louder than Words

Mr.KillYouInDebate has forfeited round #3.

SnaxAttack

Pro

Been busy with school and work, so I decided to try to get back into debate again after the past few months of wanting to share my stances on certain issues. Well, here I am ready to debate a topic that I'm curious of responses. Which speak louder? Actions or Words?

For this debate, I will be arguing that actions speak louder than words and my opponent will argue words speak louder than actions.

Structure:
1st Round: Acceptance and Any Questions within the Debate (Ask Questions in the comments)
2nd Round: Opening Argument (Keep it short please)
3rd Round: Rebuttals and Any New Arguments
4th Round: Rebuttals and Conclusion

Rules:
  • No forfeits {If a forfeit does occur, the one who forfeited has lost the debate. But if both individuals forfeit the same amount of round(s), then it is fair game}
  • Any time one makes an argument, it either needs to be an opinion or a fact (With a source).
  • Sources have to be reliable, and cannot be from Wikipedia, Forums, or a ProCon website. As well as will be required to post sources at the end of each round. If a mistake does happen, like one forgot or did not have enough characters, they can post their sources in the next round. Just make sure to label which sources were used in which round. But if anyone forgets to post their source in the next round, that is a disqualification of the debate.
  • Have fun and no harassment or harsh language against each other!
Definitions:

Actions: The fact or process of doing something

Speak: Saying something in a more meaningful way. (In this case, not a physical element of something speaking, but an analogy format)

Louder: With a great deal of emphasis

Words: A single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed.

Good luck to whoever accepts the challenge!

Also, if you were like more information of the definitions presented, or want a potential rephrase; please comment below to discuss that. Thanks!

Mr.KillYouInDebate

Con

I agree with you half, as half of what you said, I deem wrong. Here is my argument to what you think is right:
You may take nice actions sometimes, but you see now matter how much good you do, mate, you can always find yourself in some sort of trouble you did not want or you were not part of. You gave the definition of the English Word : Actions. According to the statement "Actions speak louder than words", actions in this case are always deliberate, or forced. So you have no defence for yourself if you find yourself in any trouble. Also, this statements give many different meanings, but it depends on the interpretation of the person, so he shall get whatever meaning he may want to get.

Now, one can think that if they get in a fight, they have to hit back, or I have to do more than i can actually say. In a wise meaning, it means that do not only say that you will achieve something, work hard for it. Now , as I said, different interpretations will lead the person to think different things about it. Also, sometimes, words are very wise sometimes. You see, this statement, was also "said" by someone. So these wise words were said only. Also, sometimes during any kind of problem, some good words will win you the situation. All you should have is : A good vocabulary, a polite tone of speech, and the highest kind of manners and the utmost respect (only when speaking to elders, for eg. Teachers). You wouldn't take action against an elder, would ya?

Also, words may not be always good, but if a bad action is comitted of the same level as the words, it is considered a thousand times more worse by nearly everyone. Sure, actions do speak louder, they show what you can do. But what you can do, is someone no one will ever know. The person's original power should always stay inside. Respect gains Respect. Now if supposedly, you were losing this debate, you could force yourself to take action and post an argument. But again in that case, you will only be using the best kind of words you can and your own understanding of what i said, and what you think the topic is about, and about where and how i am wrong at points.

I did this debate, because I was always quiet in school, but it was the biggest mistake of my life. I was made fun of, harassed, molested and beaten up by elder kids, so I did the same thing back. But what happened is that, I got in trouble for it. Then I decided, to use my words, my only other power. It helped me. I helped me.

This statement is wise and sometimes right, but it is unwise and sometimes wrong. We cannot always take something for one way if it means many things.
SnaxAttack

Pro

Before I go into my main argument as to why "Actions Speak Louder than Words", I would like to point out voters that my opponent did not follow the structure of the debate, and just gave his main argument. For this reason, I will rebuttal some of my opponents statements and will state my main argument.

Rebutal Towards my Opponent:
To begin, i'm going to look at arguments my opponent has brought up, and will prove them void with common logic. The first thing my opponent brought up is the following quote:

"You may take nice actions sometimes, but you see now matter how much good you do, mate, you can always find yourself in some sort of trouble you did not want or you were not part of. You gave the definition of the English Word : Actions. According to the statement "Actions speak louder than words", actions in this case are always deliberate, or forced. So you have no defence for yourself if you find yourself in any trouble".

My opponent makes the assumption that I'm only talking about the benefits of actions speaking louder than words, when in fact I'm talking about both circumstances. My opponent claims that I make the argument that one is forced into doing something, when in fact the idea of action is voluntarily done. This is not forced by no means, especially if you as an individual voluntarily force yourself in doing the action.

My Argument:
The argument that I would like to take place during the debate is that actions speak louder than words because no matter what you always do, an action will always take place. A good example my opponent brought up is within the following quote, "Also, sometimes, words are very wise sometimes. You see, this statement, was also "said" by someone. So these wise words were said only". The word my opponent used, which I emphasized with a bolding, is "said". Said is a past tense version of the word "say", but is clearly an action. For words to be formed you have to say them, and before you say them; you need to think about them. No matter the circumstance, there is always an action above the words.

Also, I ask my opponent this, how were words formed initially? Voters, no matter where you look or how it is done, an action needed to take place in the development of words. My opponent claims that words are stronger, but I will claim that actions are stronger for the fact of developing words and overtaking words in a technical aspect.

Plus, my opponent said the following leaning to my statement: "
Sure, actions do speak louder".

Mr.KillYouInDebate

Con

O.K., now if you say I might have agreed with you even a little bit, then you might know you yourself also said, that _I am talking about the condition of actions in both the circumstances". Now I have said this before, actions do speak louder.

*Message to voters Prior my argument*
You all need to understand that we may be debating about the MORAL meaning this proverb may give, but know this, that if you decode each word of this proverb, it means absolutely the opposite of what it SHOULD mean.

*My Second Argument*
Now, if you might even agree with me a little, Actions speak louder, yes they do. But, if a person is moral enough to understand the meaning of the sentence, then the person is also moral enough to actually know when and how to use his/her actions. Also, using his/her mentality based upon what he/she have understood by the proverb, they should also know every possible outcome/circumstance of their actions. Also, circumstances may not even favour the person who is using this. The person might think that it is wise and intellectual to always use actions in every case possible (which is very much the reason why we are debating), but then the person will forget what he should have understood, and what he actually understood by the proverb.

*A message to my opponent*
I did not blatantly ignore the rules of the debate. Also, I believe that you are wrong, when you say I gave my main argument first, because I totally believe it was not my main argument.

*Continuation to my main argument*
You may always think that your actions, be it in goodwill or be it during playing bad samaritan, will probably result in favour. But that is just a state of mind. Words, if understood to their true potential, AND used properly, then they will be in the utmost honesty and no fear. Words, are very wise, but only if you believe them to be.
SnaxAttack

Pro

Message to my opponent:
If it was not oyur main argument, I apolgize for breaking it down but that was a preety long statement for a starter argument. Most of the time, people will just state "I accept", when they have thar rule; but it does not matter. We're trying to do a fun debate, and don't want to incite conflict. Plus also why did you call it your "second argument" if you claim that the beginning was not your main argument?

Rebuttal to my Opponent:
Stated by my opponent in round 2, "Actions speak louder, yes they do. But, if a person is moral enough to understand the meaning of the sentence, then the person is also moral enough to actually know when and how to use his/her actions". Once more, my opponent does agree that actions are indeed louder than words. He said this in the previous round, and in this round; meaning an agreement towards my position on the debate.

Not only that, but my opponent makes another argument of being moral and understanding the meaning of the sentence. No matter how it is looked about, understanding a proverb is indeed an action. In fact, being moral itself can be argued as an action. Clearly, these following ideas always result from an action and not from words.

Now I'm not disagreeing with my opponent that words are not powerful, they are; but actions technically have a higher setting comparatively to words. Words are there, but one needs to take action before that word is used to its full potential. How do we define a words to its full potential? By taking action of course. I also ask my opponent this question, which he did not answer, which is how are words even made? I hope my opponent answers this, otherwise his argument will drop this point; granting me the victory in this specified area.

Then my opponent also states: "But that is just a state of mind. Words, if understood to their true potential, AND used properly, then they will be in the utmost honesty and no fear. Words, are very wise, but only if you believe them to be". Once more, my opponent states words are powerful but we need to look at how words are formed. Forming them requires an action, which forms the basis of words; and because of that continues to stand that actions are stronger than words.