the_troll
ShiningLegend

Adam West's incarnation of Batman is the most competent in any scenario

the_troll

Pro

Alright, I'm pretty new at this. So bare with me.

My argument is that the version of Batman played by Adam West in the 1960's television series, Batman, is the most competent Batman ever created. Nigh unbeatable in a fight, he is constantly pulling solutions to impossible problems from thin air. As the embodiment of the fan boy argument "Because he's Batman" there is not another Batman, perhaps superhero at all, that would be able to best West. In any scenario.

My name is the-troll for a reason. I wish my opponent luck in this debate, as I sincerely doubt they will have sufficient evidence to prove me wrong.
ShiningLegend

Con

Aye! As a newcomer to this site I have neglected to participate in any major intellectual topics thus far, so I suppose I will begin with a comic book "fanboy" face-off; indefinitely re-validating my title as supreme nerd (ha ha ha)! Shall we begin? Good luck!:

I have observed my opponent's claim that Adam West remains the most "competent batman" ever created. I have also taken note of how my opponent is referring to this Batman's "situational" invulnerability; meaning, that he cannot be defeated in any scenario. My opponent has stated that Adam West's incarnation of batman is the most competent in any scenario; meaning that he has a gadget or a backup plan for every situation. While I will acknowledge that this incarnation has this uncanny ability (as reflected in the film, Batman, in which Batman quickly pulls out "bat-shark-repellent" in order to prevent a certain demise by a watery friend). I will attempt to pit "batman vs batman" as opposed to "writer vs writer", as difficult as that may seem to be.

I would like to say that the conditions in which AW's batman has undergone are far less lethal than that of his New Earth counterpart or Nolan's incarnation of batman. I would like to point out that the villains which Adam West faced were far less emotionally and physically challenging for Batman; Cesar Romero's incarnation of the joker did not blow up school-buses, open fire on innocent civilians with machine pistols. He remained a petty criminal who mostly intended to rob banks and turn water supplies into nontoxic "joker jelly" (ah, face it Heath, you've been bested!). I would like to state that my argument remains true for the majority of AW's Batman's villains. Therefore, Adam West has never been in situations as grim as his comic book counterpart; therefore inexperienced.

Shall we observe Adam West's reaction time when faced with danger? Let's observe;

We see in this event that batman hardly reacts to the egghead's trap. Simply standing there, permitting what could be a potentially deadly gas to reach his nostrils (you will note the slow movement of the gas, and West's reaction time). In the film, batman begins, after being exposed to scarecrow's gas once(extremely abruptly, and in the middle of combat I might add) batman quickly exposes Johnathon Crane to his own gas, with a reaction time significantly faster than that of Adam West's):

Shall we observe combat abilities?

In the Batman (1966) film, batman utilizes his combat abilities to take on about 6-7 buffoons (including the Joker, Riddler, and Penguin). You will note the poor combat abilities of the thugs which batman is facing please. If you will observe this scene from the dark knight in which batman takes on highly trained SWAT team members, dogs, and a large amount of thugs while protecting three hostages which the SWAT team mistakes for joker's goons. Adam West had enough trouble attempting to protect a cat while fighting several unarmed buffoons.

As far as gadgetry, I will note that Adam West seemingly has an endless supply of gadgets (bat thermal underwear, shark repellent, sad pills, etc.) yet this does not give Adam West an advantage in intelligence or skill above other batmen. This is my first series of arguments.
the_troll

Pro

the_troll forfeited this round.
ShiningLegend

Con

ShiningLegend forfeited this round.
the_troll

Pro

the_troll forfeited this round.
ShiningLegend

Con

ShiningLegend forfeited this round.
the_troll

Pro

the_troll forfeited this round.
ShiningLegend

Con

ShiningLegend forfeited this round.