Adam was scheming

As a christian, we are so familiar with the story of human fall in sin firstly. It started by snake which seduced Eve to break the rules. However, Eve couldn't stand in obedient of God, instead she chose to eat the "forbidden fruit". She also gave that to her husband, Adam, WHO WERE WITH EVE AT THAT TIME.

Basically, Adam DIRECTLY heard the words of God. Logically, Adam must have prohibited Eve rather than joined to eat that. It is an awkwardness. Why didn't Adam prohibit his own wife? It proves my motion.

Secondly, look carefully at Genesis 3: 9
"And the LORD God called unto [Adam], and said unto him, Where art thou?"
Why Adam? Why not Eve? Eve ate the forbidden fruit and invited Adam to do that, didn't Eve? This also refer to my, actually my lecturer's perception.

I accept the debate and will argue against the notion that Adam was scheming. Instead, I'll argue God was the one scheming and Adam was simply ignorant. If we look close at the pages of this very old text, we will see that, yes Pro is right in Adam very likely being there. Stating as such as "giving to her husband who was there". But, does this mean he was scheming? I think not. Now, I do not want to make this a semantics game, but I will define "scheming" as it is by the very definition.

Scheme [1]

1: a archaic (1) : a mathematical or astronomical diagram (2) : a representation of the astrological aspects of the planets at a particular time
b: a graphic sketch or outline

2: a concise statement or table : epitome
3: a plan or program of action; especially : a crafty or secret one
4: a systematic or organized configuration : design

Scheming [2]

1: given to forming schemes; especially : devious

Devious [3]

1 a : wandering, roundabout b : moving without a fixed course : errant
2: out-of-the-way, remote
3 a : deviating from a right, accepted, or common course b : not straightforward : cunning
; also : deceptive

Argument from God's Plan

As we know from the book of Genesis, the serpent, also known to be a snake, stated that eating the fruit would cause you to be like God. To know good and evil.[4] This implies they did not know good and evil. If one does not know good and evil, how can they say what is right or wrong? They don't even know what is evil or what is good, so they would not have a true moral standard. God came in saying to not eat from the fruit, if you did you'd die.[5] But he created a tree that would allow you to live forever, hence the name "tree of life". Otherwise, if it didn't grant immortality, God lied and a strike to account for. Since after eating the fruit, man lived for about a thousand years and fell, but still lived till old age. So he either lied or it granted immortality. Hence the name.[6] So my line of rhetoric will be this. Before eating the tree of life, you'd die like you normally would. But God said you'd die if you ate the tree of knowledge, which lets you see good and bad.

So not only did God create Adam and Eve without the ability to know what is right or wrong, but he created a rig system. He is all powerful and all knowing, yet did not stop the serpent, let it do as it wanted, even so much as to create a snake that can talk and deceive human. So much so it was far more intelligent than a human. When they ate the fruit, the serpent was being more truthful. When they were in trouble by God, he kicked them out and cursed them for eating something Adam was told not to eat, but his claim on dying was false and Adam had no ability to know it was bad. Therefore God created a tree to not have eaten, yet created it anyways. Thus he rigged the system for man to fall from the very beginning. He could have created the garden without the tree to which was never needed. He knows by putting it there in that spot, it would have happened. So Adam is not scheming, and if anyone, it would be God.

Cited Work

1) Merriam Webster - Scheme:

2) Merriam Webster - Scheming:

3) Merriam Webster - Devious:

4) The New King James Holy Bible - Genesis 3:4-5

5) The New King James Holy Bible - Genesis 2:17

6) The New King James Holy Bible - Genesis 2:9

nataliazianturi forfeited this round.

Points Extended. Pro failed to post, I'll wait.

nataliazianturi forfeited this round.

I made my argument and all that was needed to be said. My points are extended. Adam wasn't scheming, it was God. Vote Con.
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Ooh, creative in a religious debate topic. I might just accept, my dear. Let me look over a few things and I'll likely accept.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Full FF by Pro, and Con refuted the argument made by Con, in the first round. Con's arguments go unrefuted.