JackNusenow
Lexus

Adolescents ought to be able to make autonomous medical decisions.

JackNusenow

JackNusenow

Con

The debate is "Adolescents ought to be able to make autonomous medical decisions." My position in this debate is Con/Against.

An autonomous decision is characterized by being an informed decision performed completely and solely by one person.

Adolescents as a group are defined as ages 10-19 year old by the US National Library of medicine. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...) At this point in life, the brain is not fully developed, and the adolescent is not able to make a completely informed decision, and may not be aware of the consequences involved with the decision, even when it has been explained.
Lexus

Pro

JackNusenow

Con

Contention One: Adolescents need guidance in important medical decisions.

Adolescents often make bad choices with negative impacts based on immediate circumstances. When under pressure, and specifically when needing to make a life altering decision regarding ones health, adolescents can make a negative choice, without being informed.
Lexus

Pro

Lexus forfeited this round.
JackNusenow

Con

JackNusenow forfeited this round.
Lexus

Pro

Lexus forfeited this round.
Posted by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
So sorry. If you just waive this round I can provide a constructive case and the judges can weigh our arguments against each other. If not then it'll be unfair for you since I have to do both constructives and rebuttals
Posted by Lexus 2 years ago
Lexus
I might accidentally forfeit, if I do I will give you a google doc within a few hours of forfeiture. Hope you understand -- have some stuff to attend to
Posted by LADYBUG36 2 years ago
LADYBUG36
Although i find that adolesents are in fact capable of making such descions with the correct research. Isnt that what adults do. Reaserch, look at all sides of the descicion then decide what they think is best. its the same thing for an adolecent:3
Vote Placed by Balacafa 2 years ago
Balacafa
JackNusenowLexusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was the only person out who actually provided an argument. Due to the fact that his arguments weren't refuted he wins the arguments points. Since both sides forfeited I have left conduct tied.