Dishoungh
debate339

Adults are unfair to children

Dishoungh

Dishoungh

Pro

I think that adults are being unfair to children. I'm not just saying that because I'm rebellious. I wish I could provide more in depth information, but I have to leave in 4 minutes. They're hypocritical and they don't understand what other children have to go through with them. That's all I can say right now. Bye.
debate339

Con

I understand fully what you type is. You are most likely a little girl crying because you got grounded and cannot go to the prom! get your act together and stop being a crybaby. go to your mom and ask to go, if mom says no go to dad, if all else fails just go and be done with it. so shut up and stop ruining the DDO website
Dishoungh

Pro

Oh my god, here we go. I like how you agree with me to some extent, but; however, you failed to conduct yourself and be objective. You've also failed to explain yourself with actual facts and logic. You know nothing about my life. You're just assuming stuff. Do you even know what I'm implying? NO! So don't get your panties in a loop sir. I'm sorry I have to do that, but people like you who blatantly argues like that pisses me off. Now my anger is clear and before I start, I should have put "A LOT of Adults are unfair to children" as the title because not all of them are unfair. For instance, my Physical Science teacher loves fairness. I love fairness. This has nothing to do with me being mad because I did something wrong. This will include information from websites. I should have put more characters. I didn't know it would take up much.

Anyway, to begin with my counter argument, parents are for numerous reasons:

1. I've already addressed one of them, a lot of them are hypocritical.
My interpretation: They are really hypocritical, but only sometimes. For example, my father in particular. Out of other hypocritical adults I've met, my father would be my #1 as the most hypocritical person I know. Now, I love my father. You must think I hate adults. I LIKE ADULTS! But, their mindset and how they think of themselves pisses me off sometimes. Anyway, he has a big issue of people not answering his calls. If he calls me and I don't even answer that one time. It doesn't even matter. I could have been in the bathroom taking a dump. It doesn't matter. Once you pick up the phone the next time, he goes on a rant spree just because I didn't answer his first attempt. Yet, when I call him, sometimes he doesn't answer. Now, I answer the majority of his calls and he answers to the majority of mine. So, why he does he get so angry with something this insignificant? I don't know.

Research:

All over the world, people are becoming more and more aware of the fact that adults have become hypocritical. They have been telling us kids not to do things, when they have been going off and doing those things themselves. When adults act hypocritical to kids, either in school or at home, we want to speak out... but resist. The fact that adults are hypocritical to kids at all is relatively infuriating. Although they won't admire it, grown ups know they do it. And whether they know/like it or not, kids all around are noticing hypocrisy. Being a hypocrite is nothing someone, especially an adult, would want to be proud of. Adults should lead by good example, and when they are being hypocrites around young kids, those kids are going to learn it at a very young age. If kids in general try to prevent hypocrisy in adults, they will soon be the same. Reasons for being a hypocrite are numerous. The one reason that speaks to me the most, however, is uniqueness. One may want to be totally different than everyone else - perhaps be the only one in town who refuses to recycle, so they will give advice to people saying they should. Often, people will recognize the more obvious evidence that someone is a hypocrite. Recycling isn't something that you just know who does it and who does not. Perhaps with a topic that almost all schools introduce - Smoking. Most of the time with me, I can detect smokers from non-smokers i.e. the way they talk, their smell, or maybe their breathing is fitful and loud. Most of the smokers I have met either smelled ripe or talked hoarsely. They tell me not to smoke, maybe to advise me not to destroy my lungs as they have, or perhaps for one of the other hundred reasons why hypocrites are hypocrites.

Link: http://youngwritersproject.org...

2. They think that just because they're older, they think that children can't debate back

My interpretation: This is a really big issue for other kids. I don't mean argue over something that's good for you like doing chores or doing homework. I mean argue to correct an adult's mistake. It's severely infuriating when a man/woman makes a mistake or misconception, he/she refuses to learn from your correction and for me to learn why he/she chose to do that. Instead, he/she says, "Nope, you're a child. So, just shut up." Position and rank doesn't automatically pardon you from your mistakes. Adults make mistakes just as much as children do. Being an adult is no excuse. To me, that's being lazy and doesn't set a good example for us.

Research:
Because the inability to say "No""the inability to set personal boundaries"is one of the most common, insidious causes of human suffering. When we can"t say "No,"
Because the truth is, you can"t truly say "Yes" until you can say "No." We need to know we have a choice in life. The freedom to say "No" is the very beginning of our ability to say "Yes." To ourselves. To life. And to love.

Link: http://drkellyflanagan.com...

I'm out of words. Please be OBJECTIVE in your next argument
debate339

Con

debate339 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Pro

Con has forfeited the round and I shall continue my debate.
Reason #3: "Because I said so"
Now, this may be insignificant to some people. But, still, "because I said so" is no excuse to give a command. If you keep your motives for your student/child a secret, there's no point of doing it. Saying "because I said so" makes everything POINTLESS. If you want your child or student to follow you, GIVE HIM/HER REASONS TO FOLLOW YOU. Don't just come out with the fact that you're over 18 years old and you have to do what I say. That doesn't work. Especially with kids who growing more mature and they're following their own path. Those things that I addressed may work on younger kids, but it's unlikely to work on growing teenagers because they're starting to notice the truth and how things really work. They start to learn how to think for themselves. Saying "because I said so" shows laziness and doesn't set a good example for kids.

Reason #4: They tell us to stop doing things, but when they turn around, they start doing those things themselves.
This kind of ties in with reason #1.

Okay, I have to go because I'm chatting with my debate friend which is a girl and I've pretty much explained nearly everything.
debate339

Con

debate339 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Pro

*Sigh* Forfeiting is really annoying. I'll just wait until he debates back. If he even ever comes at all.
debate339

Con

debate339 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Pro

Another forfeit. VICTORY IS MINE!
debate339

Con

debate339 forfeited this round.
Posted by Dishoungh 3 years ago
Dishoungh
@bubbatheclown
What rules of life? The rules that they set up themselves? Or rules that are fair and that actually exist? I don't care if you have 1,000 years of experience. Kids should have the right to speak back to adults when they make a mistake. Just because they have more experience doesn't make it so for you to win every single argument. That's like saying, just because you're rich, you're better than anyone who has less wealth. I know you should obey your teachers and parents. Yes, you should. But, just because they're older than, should I blindly follow them? No matter what authority figure you are, I'm not going to follow someone like that blindly? I will follow the adults AND follow my own path at the same time. I'm not just going to do whatever someone says just because he said so.
Posted by Soulja_n 3 years ago
Soulja_n
@bubbatheclown
Adults do have experience but... The rules of life change from when it was the adults generation. Parents kinda think they know everything that will happen, only from their personal experience, but who's to say the child will have a different outcome than the parents, if the parents are always restricting everything and not letting children see some things for themselves, children will rebel, and that's why we have so many children today rebelling, that and corrupted society.
Posted by bubbatheclown 3 years ago
bubbatheclown
Adults have years of experience that children do not have. They understand the rules of life better than you do, because they've lived much longer than you have.
Also, be wary of biting the hand that feeds you.
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
Dishounghdebate339Tied
Vote Placed by Raisor 3 years ago
Raisor
Dishounghdebate339Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con FF
Vote Placed by Relativist 3 years ago
Relativist
Dishounghdebate339Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con assaulted Pro in a very offensive way based on his emotion + Forfeit.Loss of conduct.