Foxer360
liru

Advertisements: Everywhere?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 5/3/2011 Category: Technology

Foxer360

Pro

Hi!
A.) Have you ever been on a website, looking around for some stuff? Well, most people could say yes. In fact, over 239,232,863 people in the U.S. have access to the Internet. That's about 90% of the population! (1) We are on the Internet all the time with Myspace, Facebook, YouTube and other sites like that. Since we are on the Internet, so is the marketing! I've noted a few changes in the Internet (2000-2011) and the way we browse it.

I: YouTube has now put 15 painful seconds of ads in front of the most popular videos.

II: Myspace and other sites like Facebook have began putting ads in the sidebars.

III: Google has been shoving paid ads into the browsing results.

I've got to go... Dad getting real angry... BYE!

1. www.Internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
liru

Con

Advertisements may be extremely common on T.V and various websites, but in order to state that they are present everywhere, you must first look at what is the most common form of media viewing that people use. Lets take Netflix for example. It is greatly increasing in viewers yearly, especially since things like movie rental shops are becoming a thing of the past. I, and many others, primarily use Netflix to watch shows on due to its large amount of television programs, and more specifically, well in my case, anime. Since i have been using Netflix for over three months, I have not seen one ad in that same amount of time. So no, I do not believe that advertisements are everywhere. In fact, as Netflix`s popularity increases, the amount of ads people will see will actually decrease.
Foxer360

Pro

THIS DEBATE IS OVER!
TO MANY PROBLEMS HAVE OCCURRED!
By the way, Netflix will start putting up ads while buffering or starting a movie.
liru

Con

liru forfeited this round.
Foxer360

Pro

Foxer360 forfeited this round.
liru

Con

liru forfeited this round.
Foxer360

Pro

Foxer360 forfeited this round.
liru

Con

liru forfeited this round.
Foxer360

Pro

Foxer360 forfeited this round.
liru

Con

liru forfeited this round.
Posted by liru 5 years ago
liru
oh well then.........yea, i debated anyways.....probably should've read the comments first....ehh oh well
Posted by Foxer360 5 years ago
Foxer360
Hah- I sound likei don't know english.

THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED!

Sorry. I'll post another one soon.
Posted by Foxer360 5 years ago
Foxer360
I now wish to close this debate. It's not worded well at all. Maybe I'll post one like this later, with a better title!
Posted by larztheloser 5 years ago
larztheloser
@Foxer - no, you should say "Are there too MANY ADs?"
Posted by 1st 5 years ago
1st
"Everywhere" is probably not a word you want to use -it's much too easy for the opposition to state one place that an ad is not found (thus proving that it is not "everywhere") and ultimately disproving any other point you may come up with, with regards to its excess.
Posted by Foxer360 5 years ago
Foxer360
I should say instead, Advertisements: Too Much Ads?
Posted by HandsofManos 5 years ago
HandsofManos
whats the debate? that there is to much advertising, or just the fact that it exists?
Posted by shooterboss 5 years ago
shooterboss
Advertisements are everywhere. I would accept this challenge only if I could take the Pro side and there weren't this many debate rounds.
Posted by J.Kenyon 5 years ago
J.Kenyon
Lol, what is this debate even about?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Foxer360liruTied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)