carman16
Rockylightning

Aethism Does More Good Than Harm

Rockylightning

carman16

Pro

Con May go first!
Rockylightning

Con

I assume my opponent was trying to spell "Atheism" but instead spelled "Aethism", i will go with what he was trying to say.

---Arguments---

1. Atheists.

As stated in many religious texts, people who are true to their religions will be awarded a trip to heaven, people who are not will be sent to hell. Atheists will be sent to hell, therefore atheism is bad, especially for the people who are atheists.

2. Not good.

Athiests are not good people, for the reasons that they do not go to church, therefore do not get the right dosage of the LORD's word. People with a lack of this will become mean people, just as people with no happiness in their life would too.

I await my opponent's arguments, because he seems very keen to debate this topic. I am eager too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
carman16

Pro

Friends, Families, Stalkers and Douche bags, here we witness...the redneck. He is blind, ignorant, and is just plain stupid on almost all issues.

1. I would like some proof that these 'Religious Texts" are real.
2. Also, why the so called "Lord" who makes us waste 4 hours every week making us listen to bull crap that we foret about in 20 minutes?
----------------------------------------------------
You may think im crude, but unfortunately, there is no way to explain this truth. Atheism, no religion, zip-zip-Nada. Most of the wars we have started are because religious practices, people disagreeing whose right, whose wrong. If we were free of hells grip (religion), imagine all the advancements we could make in the sciences, find out more about EVOLUTION. The reason why Galileo was imprisoned was because of RELIGION! Many Scientific documents from the past have been destroyed because of religion. Think of this, we would have our world, advancing, learning, faster then ever before! Good and Bad can be defined in the way its supposed to mean, not differing from culture to culture.

So think of this, if you don't vote for me, AT ALL,your a mindless bastard that wants no progress and wants to live in fixed ideas that don't work. If you do vote for me, you vote for progress, you vote for vast knowledge.
VOTE PRO
Rockylightning

Con

"He is blind, ignorant, and is just plain stupid on almost all issues."

When voting please note this in the conduct section.

"I would like some proof that these 'Religious Texts" are real."

By real do you mean existence or authenticity?

"Also, why the so called "Lord" who makes us waste 4 hours every week making us listen to bull crap that we foret about in 20 minutes?"

The so called "bull crap" makes people have better souls, and if you are atheist I'm assuming you have never gone to church, therefore you cannot assume we forget it.

"you may think im crude, but unfortunately, there is no way to explain this truth."

My opponent has just stated he cannot explain his side, therefore con wins.

"Most of the wars we have started are because religious practices, people disagreeing whose right, whose wrong."

Please state evidence that "Most" of the wars were about religion, the most deadly wars, WWI and WWII were not caused by religion.

"f we were free of hells grip (religion), imagine all the advancements we could make in the sciences, find out more about EVOLUTION."

Scientists can still work with religion, they are being obstructed. And evolution had been disproved many times, evolution is a flawed theory.

"The reason why Galileo was imprisoned was because of RELIGION! Many Scientific documents from the past have been destroyed because of religion. Think of this, we would have our world, advancing, learning, faster then ever before! Good and Bad can be defined in the way its supposed to mean, not differing from culture to culture."

I am seeing your point, but how would atheism have solved this, how do you know that another label wouldn't have arisen and jailed Galileo.

"So think of this, if you don't vote for me, AT ALL,your a mindless bastard that wants no progress and wants to live in fixed ideas that don't work. If you do vote for me, you vote for progress, you vote for vast knowledge."

Please note the conduct again.

---Conclusion---

My opponent has repeatedly insulted the voters and me to try to support his case, clearly trying to cover up the major holes in his case. He has not provided evidence what Atheism would, could, or has solved, therefore CON WINS.
carman16

Pro

carman16 forfeited this round.
Rockylightning

Con

What a shame, another reason for a con vote.
carman16

Pro

carman16 forfeited this round.
Rockylightning

Con

Vote Con.
Posted by surfride 7 years ago
surfride
Hmmmm carman16 is either a strawman for rocky or just a really lousy debater. . .
Posted by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
Conduct: Con: Pro forfeited 2 rounds and called me a redneck douche bag
Spelling: Con: Pro spelled his insults wrong
Arguments: Pro: Ad Hominen Arguments don't count.
Sources: Tied: None stated by either side.
Posted by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
please don't report carman16
Posted by Narwal19 7 years ago
Narwal19
damn!
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Such an annoying spelling of atheism.
Vote Placed by CrysisPillar 7 years ago
CrysisPillar
carman16RockylightningTied
Vote Placed by Rockylightning 7 years ago
Rockylightning
carman16RockylightningTied