Koketso_Nonyane
THEVIRUS

Africa Will Never Catch Up with the rest of the world

THEVIRUS

Koketso_Nonyane

Pro

As an African,my purpose in starting this debate is not to highlight any pessimistic approach taken by Africa to recover,but simply to understand factors,if any,that I am unaware of,which express hope for Africa in the future.I am looking forward to an educational debate.Do note though that I am heavily armed on this issue and hence feel that its highly unlikely that I will lose.

Proceedings of this 5 round debate are highly negotiable between me and my opponent.However,the 1st round will be for definitions & acceptance & And the negotiating of how round 2 to round 5 will take place.
THEVIRUS

Con

I think that Africa can recover if it is brought up globally.

I say we just go at each other all five rounds, but you can decide.
Koketso_Nonyane

Pro

I agree.Lets go all out.

Africa will not have competent leaders,who will carry it forward,into a technology-directed route,as according to AIA research on African Education,33 million Sub-Saharan children do not go to primary school,and out of those who actually do,only 2/3 finish the final grade.

If education is indeed a key requirement for a continent's success,then Africa will not catch up,because Africa's youth is heading in the same direction as their adults.1 to 3 adults in Sub-Saharan Africa cannot read whilst this situation does not seem to be attended to because according to UNESCO's findings,47 million youths(aged 15-24) are illiterate plus 21 million adolescents are not in school.

Africa is facing a lot of problems,and this problems are standing in the way of its children's education.It has to focus more on health and other basic services,but it is not doing so,hence why many African companies are closing down,due to a decrease in productivity(from high death rates) and it will hurt Africa's economy in the future.

I feel compelled to compare one of Africa's most "advanced" country,South Africa, in terms of educational structure,with that of the United States:

In the United States,16,611,711 students enrol for tertiary education whilst in South Africa it is only 675160.This suggests that in the future,the United states will always have 1.5 million qualified professionals more than South Africa hence pointing in favour of the argument that Africa will never catch up.

Globalisation will have to deal with Africa's education too,if it is to help it catch up,but that won't happen.Its highly unlikely that countries will invest a lot in Africa,whilst most economies all over the world have just recovered from the recession.
THEVIRUS

Con

It is easy though for a great leader to move from somewhere else or even come up from South Africa. The funding you would need to fix all these things would individually be less than they would be in the United States. For example, to build a school here costs x amount of dollars, including salaries, equipment, materials, and more. All of that could be bought so much cheaper in Africa. Workers on minimum wage is probably common, and lumber yards would love to see half the amount ones in America see. If the right entrepreneur moves there he will find it an easy market.
Koketso_Nonyane

Pro

"workers on minimum wage is probably common"

African labour has always been exploited.Why?Most of the labour is uneducated & not skilled enough to build future infrastructure for Africa.

In quality, school material might be cheap,but since there's a high shortage of schools and school material,the quantity of those material required will probably surpass the American costs.

Yes we do have great leaders but they are unable to easily make way into well manipulated political systems and there's little change of another leader coming from somewhere given Africa's history of colonisation.
THEVIRUS

Con

Eventually, though, in theory I already win because Africa will catch up when the planet is destroyed, putting everyone to death. Still, Africa could be made great, people just don't look at it the right way. It may never be industrialized or a number one place to manufacture goods, but that doesn't mean it isn't caught up. For example, Africa could become the number one continent for nomadic herding and make huge profits with good connections. All it takes is for our bigger countries to expand/conquer. In a way, they already have it as good as us. This video is a good song, so you should listen to the entire thing. The important parts are the parts with the two guys sitting and talking at the beginning. Rise Against is also my favorite band.

He is talking about Italy, but you get the idea.
Koketso_Nonyane

Pro

Koketso_Nonyane forfeited this round.
THEVIRUS

Con

I don't have anything to argue about, but if viewers get this far, vote for con in conduct.
Koketso_Nonyane

Pro

Koketso_Nonyane forfeited this round.
THEVIRUS

Con

For everyone who views this, I hope you liked the music video I posted earlier. Vote Con in conduct.
Posted by tennis47 4 years ago
tennis47
Wow. Racist?
Posted by Hay 4 years ago
Hay
I do not understand this debate
Posted by Koketso_Nonyane 4 years ago
Koketso_Nonyane
True,but looking @ it from a continental point of view also brings relevence.There's the AU,which motinors africa in general,and take not that each African country is interconnected,living little 2 no room 4 one or 2 to be developed if the majority of countries are not.
Posted by corey561 4 years ago
corey561
Africa is a pretty huge place. By using the term Africa, you're really generalizing the place. It is very diverse and has many political systems.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 4 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
Koketso_NonyaneTHEVIRUSTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
Koketso_NonyaneTHEVIRUSTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins due to the forfeit and music video.
Vote Placed by DoctorDeku 4 years ago
DoctorDeku
Koketso_NonyaneTHEVIRUSTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit