Rachelle1625
Tmurdock

African Americans Should Stay In The USA

Tmurdock

Rachelle1625

Pro

I honestly think that African Americans should stay in the USA because it would be unreasonable to take them away when they are so connected to the United States culture. I am very against hearing people saying that African Americans should just move away and go back from where we came from. In fact, we all came from the Africans so it very confusing.
Tmurdock

Con

I negate this on the fact of autonomy. We have a right to govern ourselves and do what we want.
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
Saint Augustine
1: We have rights. The right I mention is the pursuit of happiness. No one is denied that right. NO ONE! This is just the first reason. https://www.docsoffreedom.org...
2: Syrian refugees. We can't stop people from traveling. This includes the Syrian refugees.
http://www.vox.com...
3: Racist. This is like stating that they were slaves once so we should make them slaves again. Too many people that were important to their country moved away. We have no rights to keep anyone anywhere.
Conclusion: We don't have the rights, resources, and reason to keep them here. Let them go! Vote neg!
Rachelle1625

Pro

This argument is quite confusing in fact. I suppose that this win will just go to the contender. Sorry everyone
Tmurdock

Con

Basically I just stated that we do not have the resources to keep people in one place. Also it is against the law to keep people in one place without a reason. I also just stated that keeping people just because their race was important to history is like trying to cram all the people on the Earth in one place. It is also kind of racist. That is my argument with links as back ups and references. Sorry for the confusion.
Rachelle1625

Pro

I am not meaning to say that African Americans should forcefully stay in the USA. I mean if they do want to leave, they can go for. It is not a problem . But I find it very disapproving when everyone are complaining about how African Americans are so disrespectful when it is not ever single African American acting a certain way. In all honesty, this argument is quite confusing.
Tmurdock

Con

I will then advocate for keeping the peace. We have seen riots and civil wars before. We don't need any more blood or wars. This is what will happen if we don't. I suggest that next time expand on exactly what we are debating in your first argument before you begin.
Rachelle1625

Pro

Rachelle1625 forfeited this round.
Tmurdock

Con

my opponent has given up. Vote for me!
Rachelle1625

Pro

I didn't technically give up. I just eventually gave up because it was really no use. I mean this debate was my first and probably my worst. Anyone vote for either!
Tmurdock

Con

you heard them. They eventually gave up. According to logic and facts I presented please vote for me
Posted by Lager 1 year ago
Lager
Based on the contenders arguments, he seems to make the same assumption I did, which is that the instigator is saying that blacks should not be allowed to leave the U.S. I wish the instigator would be more specific as to what exactly her argument is.
Posted by Lager 1 year ago
Lager
I'm confused about this debate proposal. What if some blacks WANT to leave? Is this debate about black Americans being forced to live in the U.S even if they don't want to? Some people think blacks should be deported back to Africa, so I'm wondering if this debate proposal is about arguments for why blacks should not be deported. I'm not sure if that's the issue though, since the person asking the question asked in a very vague way.
Posted by piefav 1 year ago
piefav
According to your debate's main point, you want African Americans to stay in the US. So, not to travel?
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Rachelle1625TmurdockTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro resolution seemed to confuse her, in that "should stay" doesn't mean Con has to affirm "should not stay". Thus, none of Pro's argument affirms the resolution. Furthermore, Con constructed arguments to show that there isn't reason to say that they should stay. Con wins arguments. Conduct to Con for Pro's round forfeit. Sources to Con because they helped construct the winning arguments.