Logic_prevails_illusion
Duncan

Afro Samurai would win a fight against Samurai Jack

Duncan
Started: 1/3/2015 Category: TV

Logic_prevails_illusion

Pro

Afro Samurai has super natural powers, he can see bullets moving in slow motion like the matrix, not only that but he can slice them in the air and somehow miraculously the shrapnel kills his foes without a single scrape on himself. He fought a robot with the equivalent dexterity and weapons of a Ironman/terminator; fought him in the air and fell from thousands of feet only to defeat the robot by having a sword somehow land right on the robots head. He backhanded a man that was mostlikely around 400 pounds and 6 foot 10 inches tall, 30 feet backwards into a concrete wall without even trying. (Afro samurai is about 150 pounds and 6 foot) When he finally decides to kill that bear guy it only takes one strike. When he fights justice he deflects numerous revolver bullets that are probably moving more than 1200 fps. Not too mention he gets all the hot babes. samurai Jack is a virgin.
Duncan

Con

1.
Long ago, in a distant land, I, Duncan, the shark-using master of darkness, watched an unspeakable masterpiece of a tv series about a foolish samurai warrior, wielding a magic blade who stepped forth for to oppose Aku. Before the final episode could be watched, I was cast into a secondary school for most of every day, where my cartoons were gone. Now, a debater seeks to challenge this show, and undo the brilliance that is Samurai Jack. (Yes, this is my first point. See if you can counter with a rap, I dare you.)

2. Samurai Jack was perfectly capable of facing off against armies of robots, and his blade could hack through any metal. His agility was just as good as any other martial arts main character and defeated Aku several times. The ruler of the world consistently was forced to run away from a mortal who didn't even need the comfort of the #1 Headband to defeat a god. Jack's blade cuts through all others and could conceivably kill even a headband wielder due to its inherent power. Oh, and Afro had sex once, and it was so she could steal his biodata to make Metal Sonic. Samurai Jack was only a virgin because he was far too focused on saving his past to get distracted by women. Oh, and how can you use frames per second as a movement speed. Is a person walking in 60 fps "faster" than a person running in 30 fps? No.

3; Technique. Physical prowess is nothing without discipline, and this is another field in which Samurai Jack wins. The warrior who defeated a shape-shifter was one who observed, and planned before his sword was drawn. When he unsheathed his blade, it was in the same frame of it slashing someone. He was trained in the way of the samurai, and his swordsmanship is unmatched in a future where power is valued only by itself. Afro on the other hand, lacks training from his father, runs away early from his master's school in search of the #2 headband, and takes a great deal of time to figure out strategies against enemies, the Metal Sonic mimicking his moves was the pinnacle of slow thought process, and his schizophrenia in projecting half his mind onto an imaginary figure hints at an explanation for his psychopathy and lack of discipline in combat.

See you next round,

Duncan.
Logic_prevails_illusion

Pro

Fps does not only mean frames per second which is a ratio of changing frames to time but also feet per second which is a measurement of speed. Your right it's a Japanese animation so obviously the bullets are not real but you can somewhat guess how fast they would be moving if it were real.
Also I"d hate to use pull this card on you but the magic sword that Samurai Jack uses can only cut pure evil and therefor could not harm Afro Samurai. Yes Afro it probably schizophrenic due to the fact that he was severely traumatized as a child and has what seems to be vivid hallucinations of an imaginary friend, (it might be his imagination but i wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't) But he is no psychopath he questions his morals (in the form of his projected friend questioning him) and he does not kill or hurt anybody that does not attempt to kill him first, he merely slays those who get in the way of his objective, he is driven by revenge and i must say that if samurai jack got in the way of his revenge he would be slain.
However, if samurai jack happened to cross paths with him they would most likely not fight nor even talk. Especially if this hypothetical situation occurred after Afro had enacted revenge.
Duncan

Con

To measure speed, you need distance and time. So yes, if you had Afro's dimensions, you could calculate how fast he was moving. I don't think either of us is willing to do that.

On the whole magic sword thing; Firstly, it's still a sword, it cuts bamboo just fine ,and is made sturdy by its enchantment. Secondly, yes, it cuts pure evil, but Afro's friend (who I believe is known as Ninja Ninja). Now, as far as I could tell from watching the series (which I did, ages ago) he does have a degree of physical presence in the world. I looked around, and there are explanations in Japanese mythology. I believe it's called the Bujin (correct me if I'm wrong), and it's an extension of the self. Afro is seemingly projecting all his positive attributes into Ninja Ninja for the purpose of letting go anything that could hold him back from fighting (note he can kill a former friend easily after Ninja Ninja's death in the first series, and this bujin is absent during the fight with his father). If Afro is projecting all his good into another form, then there's nothing left but pure evil. If the two met, Afro would likely see him as an obstacle and attack. That's a fight Samurai Jack would win.
Logic_prevails_illusion

Pro

Logic_prevails_illusion forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

I won't fault my opponent for missing a round, this is his first debate, and I hope no voters will fault him either.
Logic_prevails_illusion

Pro

Duncan

Con

Same as previous round.
Logic_prevails_illusion

Pro

Korean animations would move way to slowly for Afro's attacks causing it lag out giving Afro a flawless victory and resulting in Afro doing a fatality on Samurai Jack's lagged out Korean remains.
Duncan

Con

What are you talking about? Samurai Jack is an American animation It's friggin' Cartoon Network and Hanna Barbera productions. Even so, you'll find that lag affects the person with the better connection, who will be seeing a person standing still but swing through them. And he's Japanese. Samurai are Japanese. He couldn't have Korean remains, that's insensitive at best to say so.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
Right... 'Kay then... See you next debate, I guess.
Posted by Logic_prevails_illusion 2 years ago
Logic_prevails_illusion
The actual animation is done in America. But the animators and the creators and writers re from Korea and are Korean. It is a common stereo type that programming and animation from Korea lags more than Japanese programming and animation. I didn't even write that, my brother did; and i am pretty sure he meant it as a joke. He thought he was being clever, (He's a huge video game fan (Gamer) and he would know about the difference between Korean and Japanese programming including a vast understanding about Korean versus Japanese animation (Manga/Anime))
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
I want to correct my self on my last post; I said bujin might not be right. It's actually bunshin. It's a manifestation of self. That's what Ninja Ninja is. Sorry about that.
Posted by Duncan 2 years ago
Duncan
It should be the Post Argument button on the debate page. Don't worry, if you can't get it working, post it here in the comments.
Logic_prevails_illusion
hey dont laugh at me but this is my first debate and i cant figure out how to start the new round or post a counter argument.
Vote Placed by PapaNolan 2 years ago
PapaNolan
Logic_prevails_illusionDuncanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I feel like Pro had tried, but did not go as in depth as he should have.