MorePerfectKing
arrowjaw

After an artist is dead their works should become public domain

MorePerfectKing

Pro

First round is for acceptance
arrowjaw

Con

To my esteemed debate colleagues, casual readers and, of course, my venerate opponent,

I am jubilant that you have introduced this debate, my opponent. It is an engaging topic, which I have not confronted in my debating career, and I look forward to contesting the issue with yourself.

I suppose that the second round (2nd) is opening arguments, and the closing round is responses and closing arguments.

Thank you,

~arrowjaw

MorePerfectKing

Pro

MorePerfectKing forfeited this round.
arrowjaw

Con

arrowjaw forfeited this round.
MorePerfectKing

Pro

MorePerfectKing forfeited this round.
arrowjaw

Con

arrowjaw forfeited this round.
Posted by brainFreeze 11 months ago
brainFreeze
One basic assumption before writing this comment:
Making their work public without their will.

What are artists?
Artists are people who have dedicated their lives towards creativity and knowledge with immense passion. Now, what they do is just pure creativity which might involve days or months or maybe years of hard work that can't be sold just for free.
Why not?
I do understand that we are giving him more importance by advertising it to the public, but then the painting itself loses it's value. The real reason behind his creativity has been lost which is to share with only those who can understand, visualize and value it's true meaning and not just anyone where half of the people talk garbage without realizing it's importance or what it means, which requires skill that only a true creative person can understand
.
I have seen people in art galleries passing comments like "Oh this one? I don't think this will go with the setting of our room" and that's it, they just spit out words.

Also, It's just like saying that your life time earnings should be made public domain after you die. If you know what I am trying to convey here.

Peace Out