Tyler.W
Korashk

Against Firearms

Con Tied Pro

Tyler.W

Con

My argument is that Americans have the right to have a gun, or guns. Then, gun crime goes up... this problem has a simple solution; ban guns. Police won't need guns, so this stops misuse and criminals will struggle to get a gun. If someone was killed because they were shot then the criminal would get a very long sentence. England are going the right way...
Korashk

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate and would like to welcome him to DDO. There is an issue that needs to be resolved because of an unintended mistake made by my opponent. He took the Con side of the resolution but argued for the Pro side. I believe this is because while he may actually be Pro to the resolution he is against guns. I will therefore be arguing from a Con position.

Since the character limit is close to being used up I'll begin my case with a fairly well known quote:
"If guns are made illegal then criminals will be the only ones with guns."

I will continue my arguments and rebuttals in the forthcoming rounds.
Tyler.W

Con

Tyler.W forfeited this round.
Korashk

Pro

If people are not allowed to have guns that makes them much less able to defend themselves. Guns can also be psychological objects in that simply owning a gun makes you FEEL safer. This puts your mind at ease. You claim that the police wouldn't need guns, which is a laughable idea simply because banning guns would not eliminate gun crime. It is therefore my contention that owning and using firearms should not be illegal.
Tyler.W

Con

My opponent brings up good points, however, imagine guns being banned from civilians, but the police force being allowed to have gun, after extensive training. This would stop the majority of gun crime, and those caught with/using a firearm would be severely punished, and the police would be able to defend themselves.
Korashk

Pro

I extend my points since they were not refuted and urge a Pro vote.
Vote Placed by Korashk 6 years ago
Korashk
Tyler.WKorashkTied