aakkad
AmericanSpirit

Age doesn't matter in a relationship

aakkad

Pro

As a survey I have done has shown, around half of you stated that you were never in a relationship. I am assuming that everyone considered a relationship to mean something romantic. This is where our thinking process goes wrong; a romantic relationship and a friendly relationship are very similar. What makes it different? I have been in relationships and I have dated guys my age and much older. The difference was too minimal to notice. Modern times have come to convince people that there are certain age requirements for a relationship, yet I am here to persuade you towards the opposite.
People say maturity is the main reason, yet a person could be old but immature and that isn't completely correlated to age.
AmericanSpirit

Con

I will first define the terms of the round.

Relationship- Referring to in this round a marriage, dating, love, or "going out".

Contention 1- Dating should not be allowed under age 16.
People are simply not ready for relationships before age 16. Being 15, I see it all the time.
stage 1- liking each other
stage 2- "going out"
stage 3- disagreements, neglection, and/or annoyances
stage 4- breaking up
stage 5- they hate each other

My friend is currently in stage 2.7, and slowly is having disagreements with his "girl friend". People can't handle relationships because they are not mature enough.

Contention 2- Age matters.
So my 3 year old sister can date 20 year old men...sorry not happening. Period, exclamation point.
aakkad

Pro

Ok so we have established what is considered a relationship.

Rebuttal- First off I would like to point out that both of your contentions are basically the same point. You are basically ting that children should not be in a relationship.

I'll refute this by stating as long as one of the partners is mature and responsible, then the relationship may be directed onto the right path.
A main problem in most relationships is the partners different values and views. They argue on how to raise their children and what is considered the wrong and right way to do things. If a relationship is begun at a young age then the younger partner can be raised to accustomed to the same practices as their older partner. If the child is in love and isn't forced into it then why not? They will learn over time that this is their life and will be accustomed and used to it. They will be happy with the arrangement, so why should someone else tell them they could have met someone else and could have been happier when they are already? The relationship will actually last longer than a older one because that person will become their life. If the partner waits until they are older than they will eventually form different views and the couple will face more arguments.

Another point I would like to bring up is that maturity isn't correlated to age. Experience is what develops maturity and some people go through more in their life in a short span of time than others. If both of the partners are mature than the age is negligible.
AmericanSpirit

Con

AmericanSpirit forfeited this round.
aakkad

Pro

aakkad forfeited this round.
AmericanSpirit

Con

AmericanSpirit forfeited this round.
aakkad

Pro

aakkad forfeited this round.
AmericanSpirit

Con

AmericanSpirit forfeited this round.
aakkad

Pro

aakkad forfeited this round.
AmericanSpirit

Con

AmericanSpirit forfeited this round.