lord_megatron
edawg3650

Age limit for drinking should be lowered to 16

lord_megatron
Started: 6/14/2016 Category: Funny

lord_megatron

Pro

It's not like the adults drink sensibly, now do they?
edawg3650

Con

I will limit myself to an opening statement since my opponent didn't provide evidence in round 1.

The age limit should not be lowered to 16 due to the fact that people of this age can't handle the responsibility. Drunk driving would increase significantly and cause a great amount of injury and death. Alcoholism rates would also increase, as underage drinking would certainly negatively interfere with school and extracirricular activities. Teenagers also have access to many more outlets than adults do in regards to releasing stress, therefore alcohol consumption at such a young age is unneeded.
lord_megatron

Pro

Rebuttals
Can't handle responsibility
That is but a mere misconception. Even adults don't drink sensibly. Con's argument that it would increase drunk driving is preposterous, as we are only lowering the age limit for drinking, not driving. As far as I know, driving age limit shall remain 18.
Interference with school work
That is also just an assertion. Drinking may interfere with adults' career and young adults' college work, no problem in that eh? Furthermore, illegal drinking is rampant around these ages, for it is easy for adults to buy alcohol and their children get hands on it on one unsuspecting day. We can make sure that under 16 are only allowed to drink in bars, therefore no one will go to school drunk. Or allow them to drink only after school hours, or only on the weekends. But it will be better if they be treated as normal people. 16 to 18 year olds can easily look above 18 and therefore gain entrance to a pub or bar anyways.

Arguments
I think the drinking age should be lowered as it will provide early exposure to alcohol and make sure that the child would know how dangerous it is. Educational sessions have a low impact as they have never experienced the effects of the drink and therefore don't know how harmful it is. A practical session is always better.
Furthermore, there would be a limit on how much they can drink, such as 250 ml per day. Adults drink very insensibly, and might influence children to do so. But it can also be the other way around.
edawg3650

Con

edawg3650 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Pro

So, no rebuttals eh? Forfeit and run? Extend my arguments and vote for pro.
edawg3650

Con

edawg3650 forfeited this round.
Posted by KyleStevens 7 months ago
KyleStevens
Lower it even further. Give 1st graders a bottle of vodka at the beginning of each week. Provide further supplies if this is not enough. The more they drink from young age the less they will drink as adults. If they survive until adult age ...
Posted by edawg99 8 months ago
edawg99
NVM! Just realized I am on old account.
Posted by edawg99 8 months ago
edawg99
I am unable to post an argument because the website says I am not one of the debaters. On my end, I am taking the con position against pro. I don't know if this debate was canceled and I need to be informed if it was. I copied my argument so I can still paste if possible.
Vote Placed by JustVotingTiedDebates 7 months ago
JustVotingTiedDebates
lord_megatronedawg3650Tied
Reasons for voting decision: conduct for ff