ioweyouone
Emmarie

Aikido is not an effective martial art

Emmarie
Started: 3/16/2016 Category: Sports

ioweyouone

Pro

This is just an open debate regarding the legitimacy of Aikido as a self-defense martial art. There will be no opening round to agree on rules, just make your argument and then the two later rounds will be rebuttals.
Emmarie

Con

ioweyouone

Pro

ioweyouone forfeited this round.
Emmarie

Con

Pro has not composed his argument in round 1, and has forfeited round 2.

The burden of proof is on Pro, since I cannot negate his resolution, "Aikido is not an effective martial art," without him presenting any argument for this claim. My position as Con, assumes that I am to negate an affirmation of the resolution, not affirm the opposite of a stated resolution.

Pro also needs to define "effective," which could be construed many possible ways.

Our argument must suffice in the closing round.

ioweyouone

Pro

ioweyouone forfeited this round.
Emmarie

Con

I would invite anyone who is interested in knowing why Aikido IS a great martial art, especially for self defence, to PM me for my personal opinion. I will only respond to users who have profiles with "real" content, forum postings, debates, friends etc.

The philosophy within Aikido is as important as any physical training or methods of defence. Being "at one" with one's opponent is what Aikido aims to achieve. In doing such one can avoid provoking an opponent to a level that self defence is neccesary in many instances. When physical defence of self or a loved one is needed to be applied, that same "at one ment" with an opponont can serve to position the opponents force against him/her, and also utilizes the force of gravity.

I really wanted to discuss this subject with an opponent, but maybe a future debate will give me that opportunity.

These links will give more info:

http://www.stenudd.com...

http://www.stenudd.com...
Posted by The_Perussi 10 months ago
The_Perussi
Emmarie, here is an example of an illuminati confirmed meme:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
Posted by Emmarie 11 months ago
Emmarie
oops posted same link twice - here is another link: http://www.aikidofaq.com...
Posted by BonoboMoon 11 months ago
BonoboMoon
haha, Aikido is awesome. One of my favorites along with my first learned art of judo
Posted by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
Honestly, the debate is already yours. Even if he does come back, he has chosen to drop any and every counter point made against his arguments. Please post another comment when the debate closes, and I'll cast a quick vote.
Posted by Emmarie 11 months ago
Emmarie
If Pro wanted to receive specific knowledge about why Aikido is an effective Martial Art he could have written the resolution, "Aikido is an effective Martial Art," taken the Con position, and then Pro would have needed to support that claim to support the resolution.

I was really looking forward to having dialog about why Aikido is an effective martial art, so I was attempting to show what Aikido is, by not striking first.

If Pro forfeits in round 3, I will present my knowledge of what Aikido is, I will define "effective," and I will also explain the legitimacy of Aikido, pertaining to it's effectiveness as a form of self defense.
Posted by Emmarie 11 months ago
Emmarie
*note* typo, in the sentence, "Our argument must suffice in the closing round." in should have been until. I recomposed the sentence and did not change that preposition.
Posted by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
A martial art is not an effective martial art... This is not going to end well.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 11 months ago
Ragnar
ioweyouoneEmmarieTied