lord_megatron
CarterWelchh8er

Ain't should be considered a proper word

lord_megatron

lord_megatron

Pro

The usage of ain't has increased worldwide and it must be considered a proper word and be added to the dictionaries. If Shakespeare could make up new words that were accepted in the english language, why can't a commonly used word by the masses be termed as proper language?
CarterWelchh8er

Con

Ain't should not be considered a real word because it ain't a real word. And there ain't nothing you can say to change my opinion because my mind ain't open to change. You might think that i'm stubborn because of that, and I ain't saying your wrong, i'm just saying you ain't gonna change my opinions bout it no matter how many times you try cuz it ain't gonna work. What i'm saying here is that you ain't gonna change my mind about ain't being a real word cuz it ain't.
lord_megatron

Pro

First off, it can be seen that even con is using the word ain't. Ain't ain't a real word yet because the all the literature teachers say so. But shouldn't it be considered a proper word? Shouldn't language adapt to the time and to the people using it? Why shouldn't uncommon words be removed from the dictionary and commonly used words added to it? Shakespeare bent language to his desire and his words are adapted into proper english, but why not ain't be given a chance? And "cuz" ain't a real word either.
CarterWelchh8er

Con

lord_megatron

Pro

Of course, it doesn't matter if I change YOUR opinion. I need to change of my readers/voters so that they vote for me. And surely copy-pasting isn't good. Ain't surely deserves to be considered a formal, good, proper word.
CarterWelchh8er

Con

CarterWelchh8er forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Ockham 1 year ago
Ockham
lord_megatronCarterWelchh8erTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Pro since Con forfeited the last round. Spelling and grammar was comparable on both sides (Con deliberately inserted some bad grammar into his posts, but I'm not counting that). Pro had more convincing arguments because Con repeated himself and didn't really argue for his position at all. Neither side used any sources.