Sintowin
Jacob60rt

Airbrushing/photoshop should be made illegal in the media

Sintowin

Pro

I believe that photoshopping or airbrushing should be made illegal in the media as it gives young children the wrong idea about what they should look like. Since this has been around there has been an increase in children having anorexia and belimia. The way they use this tool is absurd as they take a natural person and edit all of the things that they didn't like this,then makes young children and even adults believe that they are not beautiful and then they try to change their appearance to look like their role models. I feel that this is really affecting the society that we live in and gives young women mainly an unrealistic way of thinking about what they should look like
Jacob60rt

Con

I shall accept this debate stating that Airbrushing/ photoshop should NOT be made illegal in the media. And since there is no format what so ever I shall have the freedom to chose my own format. Thus begging my opening argument :

Photoshop is not to blame for these social influences placed on young children and adults. Instead of blaming and pointing the finger at photoshop how about the modeling magazines showing super thin models in a skimpy dress to be plastered on the front of a magazine? Or how about the fast-food industries with its addicting foods which are fating up our people. I work on a yearbook staff at my high school and I need photoshop to make cut-outs, lower the opactiticy, etc. It is a very benfical tool and it should not be cut out since some teenagers and young adults use to altar their bodies. This begs the question were does personally resboinsbillty lies and courpret resposnibillity?
Sintowin

Pro

Although It can be used for certain things which can be come helpful I think that it shows young women of today an unrealistic expectation which they have to look up. Instead of having size 0 models why not have plus size women model the outfits which they see should only be worn by skinny people. If they didn't use photoshop then the anorexia would not of had a dramatic increase
Jacob60rt

Con

You are prepared to state that, "it shows young women of today an unrealistic expectation which they have to look up." never before have I went into photoshop and it tells me that a picture has to look a certain way. It is the fault of the modeling agencies, not photshop. Yes that both guys and girls are bombarded with images on how they should look but this is to due to the modeling and the advertisement companies. For an example lets say a medicine company makes a drug that is ineffective or harmful to the public would the people we angry at the machines who made the drug or the company itself. And lets say that photoshop is made illegal, these companies will still use super thin models or some buff dude. Why should photoshop made accountable and while the culpable people walk away?
Sintowin

Pro

Sintowin forfeited this round.
Jacob60rt

Con

I see that my opponent has failed to post a finishing argument such as a disappointment. I notice that the instigator only stated on clause during the whole debate. And only reinforcing it with the same clause. So now I am off to debate other debates. Now it is time for the voters.