imabench
justin.graves

Airplanes should put parachutes under seats instead of lifejackets

imabench

imabench

Pro

Look at any WWII movie ever made in history, when a plane gets hit, you never hear the old guy on the plane say 'Strap in tight everything will be A okay'... He never says that! he always says something along the lines of 'EVERYONE OUT OF THE PLANE RIGHT NOW, JUMP!' And theres a reason for that too. If your plane breaks when youre up in the air, then 99% of the time ITS GOING TO FALL OUT OF THE SKY. There isnt even a point to having life jackets because you may all be dead when you crash into the water in the first place!

The only time in history anybody has actually needed life jackets on a crashing plane and NOT parachutes was that one plane that Sully Sullenberger landed in the Hudson River... Other then that one incident, people in literally every other plane crash would prefer parachutes instead of life jackets.

Con may present arguments in round 1
justin.graves

Con

A chance to debate imabench, what an honor. In movies, they often say to jump, but there are only a handful of people on military planes while there can be hundreds on modern aircraft. All these people couldn't get to the tiny, few, and far in between doors that lead out of the aircraft.

Also, none of those people would probably be trained to jump. They'd either a) Break their legs when they fell. b) Get sucked into the engine and make the odds of the survival of the whole plane go down. c) Be unable to find the stupid pullcord. d) Be so freaked out about jumping that they'd stop at the door and not go, stopping the rest of the untrained passengers from jumping. (Actually, that might be preferable.) Just imagine it for a second: dozens of people trying to escape a turbulent plane. Mass chaos. And people who didn't make it out before the plane crashed would be tossed around the cabin at the point of impact. It's a lose-Lose situation. On the flip side, any idiot can use a float.
imabench

Pro

"there can be hundreds on modern aircraft. All these people couldn't get to the tiny, few, and far in between doors that lead out of the aircraft."

Thats called survival of the fittest! Its all natural and the way of nature

Besides, I dont think anyone will mourn over that b*tch in 22B whose kid was crying the WHOLE FLIGHT and didnt do anything to stop him....

"Also, none of those people would probably be trained to jump"

Thats what those safety instructions they give on the plane are for!

"Just imagine it for a second: dozens of people trying to escape. Mass chaos. And people who didn't make it out would be tossed around the cabin at the point of impact"

So basically its a massive crowded bounce house at a party. Whats so bad about that exactly?

"On the flip side, any idiot can use a float."

Assuming they even make it to the water in the first place.....
justin.graves

Con

"Thats called survival of the fittest! Its all natural and the way of nature"

Except we have laws preventing survival of the fittest (i.e. murder) I see no difference here. And did you know that my mom sat in 22B on our last flight? I cyber-punch you for saying such a thing about MY mother! My little brother was crying because he had the Haitian Flu and needed an IV for the past day!

" Thats what those safety instructions they give on the plane are for!"
OK, I'd love to see that when the flight attendant demonstrates a full parachute jump from inside the cabin.

"So basically its a massive crowded bounce house at a party. Whats so bad about that exactly? "
The difference is that at the end of this party, the house explodes.

" Assuming they even make it to the water in the first place....."
So, I pretty much made that argument and you debunked it using "survival of the fittest." You just debunked your own argument using your own argument. Plus, there's more time to get out floating in the water.

Vote Placed by Noctan 3 years ago
Noctan
imabenchjustin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to pro, as Con's points made far less sense. I mean, I personally would rather break my legs than die in a plane crash.
Vote Placed by MrJosh 3 years ago
MrJosh
imabenchjustin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON gets arguments largely because of, " I'd love to see that when the flight attendant demonstrates a full parachute jump from inside the cabin. Spelling and Grammar to CON because of small mistakes by PRO.
Vote Placed by dragon_slayer489 3 years ago
dragon_slayer489
imabenchjustin.gravesTied
Reasons for voting decision: I feel that imabench has a really good point ... very hard choice but in the end I have to go to a vote ALL HAIL THE KING IMABENCH !!!!