ProwlerKnight
Kkyhtthebaconking

Airsoft vs. Paintball

Started: 10/20/2012 Category: Sports

ProwlerKnight

Pro

I have been an Airsofter for around 7 or so years, and I have seen many arguments made agianst the sport, so I am here to defend the sport myself.

"Airsoft is for kids and people who couldn't make it into the Military" 100% false, Majority of airsoft players are Military veterens and members of police forces across the US. Kid's do play the game yes, but same with paintball.

"Airsoft is for lazy people" Yes I have heard that before too, but it is also false, Airsoft requires alot of endurance and physical stamina. Mainly Airsoft entitles more strategy then paintball and games last longer then the normal speedball games of paintball. Though Airsoft has it's own version of Speedball and Paintball also has simulation games, to state that Airsoft is for lazy people is innacurate.

"Airsoft is for cheaters" Yes airsoft has its cheaters, but so does Paintball, and the basis of this argument is only on personal experience, usually from only one game. I can tell you personally that cheaters don't exist in the games I play, yes Paintball leaves visible marks but if a person fails to call the hit in Airsoft, you just continue to shoot them until they give up, and when it becomes clear someones cheating they are banned from playing. Airsoft is more of an honor sport then competitive because of this fact. Paintballers I have seen are usually rude and overly competitive, but that's only from what I have seen where I'm at.

"Airsoft guns are cheap and inaccurate" If you buy from Wal-mart or Big 5 sporting goods, then of course the gun's cheap and poorly made. There are several online stores that sell high-quality rifles and handguns that perform better then the others. Last Airsoft is much cheaper then Paintball, normal high quality paintball guns are $1000+ and that's just for the gun, no CO2 or Paintballs, Airsoft you can get a Gun that performs just as good if not better then a high-end paintball gun for a minimum of $100, and rifles are Battery operated so no money needed to refill and compared to buying 2000paintballs for $40, you can get 20000BB's for the same price (That's 5x the capacity).

"Airsoft is Unrealistic" Somebody actually said this to me, and it's completely False. Compared to Real Life combat, well there's no comparing, but agianst Paintball, It dominates in Realism, since practically every gun used in Airsoft is modeled after Real Life Firearms, as opposed to Paintballs Alien-like weapons with the hoppers and CO2 tanks. As well the gear for Airsoft (if you are a die-hard player like some) consist of real life tactical gear, mostly modeled after the real deal, sometimes even the real thing itself.

"Paintball is a rush, Airsoft is boring" Wrong, Paintball games I've seen are simply running forward with no real coordination and quickly shoot the other teams, even in more advanced games the teamwork is based on run and gun, which is a rush, don't get me wrong, but it's usually short-lived and sometimes you don't do anything at all, cause the others finish the game before you can do anything. Airsoft is a rush for those who prefer teamwork and simulating combat, using tactics and movements that real-life soldiers use in combat, as well as everyone is involved in some way. Also, most airsoft games play longer then a standard paintball game, which might be boring for the impatient, but for others the rush comes from the tactics and realism that comes from playing.

"Airsoft will never be bigger then paintball" Actually Airsoft is a fast-growing sport, taking over the UK and other countries, as well as growing in the US. Also Airsoft has replaced Paintball as a training method used by the Military because of it's Realism.

So Paintballers I have made my point and await anybody who think's I'm wrong, simple fact Airsoft is getting a bad Rep because it's becoming more popular and soon will outshine Paintball.
Kkyhtthebaconking

Con

I am going to join this debate NOT for paintball but for the bulls*** you're spewing trying to glorify airsoft. I have nothing against airsoft, in-fact I think its pretty fun, but I hate how you trying to present it as a hardened "Badass" sport. I is a kids game I would at all deny the existence of, or the individual situations of the "serious" players of airsoft like said, cop, ex-soldier or even the person who failed the psych screening to join the military, I am merely saying that it is merely a kids game and you're a insecure idiot who's trying to hard to make his f***ing stamp collecting look cool.
ProwlerKnight

Pro

Well I was hoping a paintballer would pick this one up and put up his defenses but oh well, can't always get what you wished for, either way it should be fun, specially with such a "mature" opponent such as yourself.

Anyways to start off I never said Airsoft was "badass", but I will go on to say it does take alot more to play then what you believe, which takes me to the whole "Kids game", like I said yes there are alot of kids who play, but in more serious games you will find less kids and more adults playing, and as for you denying that military personel or even cops play, well lets just look at the facts here:

http://www.tacticalmilsim.com...

http://www.ehow.com...

http://www.army.mil...

Now each report, and that's three of them if you didn't notice, states evidence about Airsoft being used in the Military and police forces, so clearly you can deny all you want, but the facts prove that you would be false, not only to Military Personel play Airsoft, but it's being used as a testing weapon to train soldiers, so much for the "kids game" right?

Also, I know many paintballers, and are friends with quiet a few, hell I played a game or two of paintball. Yes, it hurt much more then paintball, and was quiet a rush, but those people I played with were mature and respectful of my choice to airsoft. I prefer Airsoft for the realism of the guns and gear, but hey, that's just me, and a few other people where I live.

This wasn't what I intended for this one, frankly I was just testing out the layout to see how it works (first time on this site) as well defending the sport and allowing people to attack me (preferabally Paintballers), and i dont care if I win or lose the debate because like said by others it's all a matter of opinion, and I was hoping to get a attack from a person who paintballs, but agian, never get what you wished for.

Well I made my defense, let's hear what else you have to say, I'm sure it will make me laugh like your last post, that was really funny.
Kkyhtthebaconking

Con

I never denied the military use of Airsoft, in-fact I distinctly stated that many people used it this including military training, military vets., ect., I merely stated that it is, in fact, a toy marketed as sporting gear for children. And because t is a children's toy is what concerns me, it is a semi harmless representation of a gun, this desensitizes kids to the thought of guns and makes them see it as a "toy" and not a serious tool of death. You have clearly stated that an Airsoft gun is, though not a real weapon, is a simulation of very real weapons used, as you stated, in military training so to represent a gun, so here I ask you why then are they sold to children. Your entire stance in this debate revolves around how the Airsoft weapon should be taken seriously, well I fully agree with you it should be realized as what it really is and controle this danger.

PS: sorry if I took the "Angry Parent" approach to this argument, it was the only serious way I could think of to attack your stance :P
ProwlerKnight

Pro

Ok I misread your last post wrong I guess, I thought you were denying it.

Now as for sporting gear for children, it's illegal to sell an airsoft gun to anybody under the age of 18 in most states, some under the age of 21, much like real firearms, because of course they should be treated the same as a real firearm, with control and maturity, so really they aren't targetting children for sales and never sold to children.

Of course children still obtain the guns through their parents or older siblings or relatives, but that isn't the airsoft companies responsibility, of course they put a saftey note in every gun package they sell that warns people to not mistreat or abuse the right to the gun itself, and there are far more factors that come into play when it comes to teaching kids about guns, that falls under the parents or gaurdians responsibility, not the airsoft companies.

Now I am 20 going to be 21 in a few days, I have played airsoft since I was about 10 or 11, but I have also shot real guns too, so I know the difference. The way I play, I treat my Airsoft gun with the same respect and maturity as I do any real gun, but I was raised that way, and will raise my kids that way.

I understand peoples concern and worry, but it's the same as any gun or video game or anything else, parents are suppose to be responsible for teaching their children about the risks such toys and games and do, I mean I'm not attacking parents, I'm just saying kids can't get ahold of these things until they are 18 or 21 or unless a parent or older sibling buys them, which if it isnt the parents who buy the parents should watch what their kids play with and keep an eye on them.

Now where I play airsoft, if you are under-aged, you must be accompanied by an adult in order to play airsoft or paintball, but of course I live in cowboy-country where people drive through town with a shogtun in their read-window and a magnum under the drivers seat, so responsibility is a major factor in our community, and we treat anything that looks like a gun, like a real gun.

Now I believe Airsoft is a fun sport, or game if you wish to call it that, and a much better past-time then Call of Duty or Battlefield, and I respect you're honest concerns and truely share alot of them too, but I don't think Airsoft should be blamed for irresponsible parents, I mean either teach them the safeties and dangers of airsoft or just dont let them play, I respect any decision except for buying them a gun and letting them play without teaching them gun safety.

As for airsoft being badass, well in the right conditions and with the right amount of people in a big enough space with the right terrain, I don't about badass, but it's pretty epic.

I guess the basis of this went of my opinion on Airsoft over paintball to the perks and cons of airsoft, but either way it's very enjoyable, and no need to apologize, I appreciate the rebuttle and look forward to your next one ^^
Kkyhtthebaconking

Con

Kkyhtthebaconking forfeited this round.
ProwlerKnight

Pro

ProwlerKnight forfeited this round.
Kkyhtthebaconking

Con

Kkyhtthebaconking forfeited this round.
ProwlerKnight

Pro

ProwlerKnight forfeited this round.
Kkyhtthebaconking

Con

Kkyhtthebaconking forfeited this round.
Posted by ProwlerKnight 4 years ago
ProwlerKnight
I wouldn't say paranoid, but yes they are my opinions and you can go right ahead and shoot them down, that is what I wished for in the first place, so thank you for accepting even though it isn't 100% what I wished and you're intro came across a little rude, but hey I deal with rude people all the time, so that's not new to me, plus I don't care to win or lose, since really I wasn't expecting a solid debate as to more my defense and people attack, which in this case is you, so agian, thank you.

and it took me three reads through your last part to realise you meant the genuises below my comment lol, I didn't sleep much this past two days so my mind is on 50% capacity lol
Posted by Kkyhtthebaconking 4 years ago
Kkyhtthebaconking
I most definitely agree with you and I mean no offense to you in anything I say but I would like to also say that I never have heard any of the things you've stated and altogether it seems pointless to create this debate when it isn't even something you can source and there are NO POSSIBLE FACTS TO BE SHOWN so altogether this debate can and will only be you posting you semi paranoid opinions and me pointing out the flaws in them and shooting them down.

Oh and the comments before I would just like to point out that nobody wants to hear the little add-ons you have about our debate, if you're still trolling and being a**holes on the debate website, why don't you do it IN A DEBATE, or are you not ready for the "big boy" internet.
Posted by ProwlerKnight 4 years ago
ProwlerKnight
Well glad you can see that, because really the basis of the entire subject of this debate is clearly opinions, since it's about which sport one prefers over another, so thank you for pointing out the obvious, I see you're good at that.

Anyways my entire idea for this one was to make my case agianst accusations made everyday and defend them, because really it's easier here then searching through a sea of places to go, plus this place has more rules then other areas so hopefully we can keep the maturity of the upcoming attacks up rather then squabble like kids on some chat site back and forth.

As for being a horrible debate nobody is asking you to watch or read it so I don't see an issue here.

I don't expect to gain anything but the diginity of defending a sport I love, wether I "lose" or "win" doesn't matter.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
+1 to Zaradi, this is going to be a horrible debate.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
You DO REALIZE that your entire case is just one massive subjective opinion, correct?